Minimal Acceptable

SmithBarney

It shouldn't matter where the 45 minutes not spent behind the wheel are taken just as long as there are no deliveries or pickups made during that time.

The problem is that it would affect your numbers, if you are go on break, and your next stop is 20 miles away, then you manager drives the truck/van to the next stop, remarkably after you come off break it's going to look like your got the that next stop in a couple minutes.

SmithBarney

Come on Dave, these guys are stressed out from all the time commits and wear and tear on the body from all those oversized envelopes. They need a proper break!

While I'll admit that we have more envelopes than UPS or Ground... for the routes I've run it's never been more than say 25-50 a day... I used to run a route that my first stop was 200pieces(boxes not envelopes) 2nd stop was 50+ then my day really started.. :) Now I've heard of a fantasy land where there are "paper" routes which pretty much are all letters, usually in a highrise in NYC... sounds like a nightmare, they run like 100Stops per hour... the thought of 600-700 envelopes makes me sick.

Purplepackage

Our station covers 3 hospitals

Each one of those routes has at least 100-150 big boxes as there first p1 stop every day. We might no deliver treadmills daily(but I do get my share of treadmills and lawnmowers) buts it's definetly not just envelopes.

And on the topic of breaks, I'm sure plenty of people go on break and within a minute of being off break they are scanning a pod

SmithBarney

And on the topic of breaks, I'm sure plenty of people go on break and within a minute of being off break they are scanning a pod

Yes but are those two stops 20miles apart? if you have 100 Main street, 102 Main street, and 104 main street, and you eat lunch at 102 Main... yes than 1 minute from lunch would be normal. But if you are kinda rural, and finish Town 1, and go to lunch in town 1, there should definitely be a gap getting to Town 2. And if your manager is with you on that day, he shouldn't be driving you to town 2 while on break, it messes with your normal numbers

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
So, looks like FedEx can't get the flight crews to come to work either. We were told that our Memphis flight isn't coming in until 1300-1400 because they didn't have a crew to fly the plane. How funny is that?! RFLMAO! #fedexpride#.

Oh yeah, except for perishables, the freight will be rolled over to tomorrow. I'm sure tomorrow we will be told, that under no circumstances are we allowed to work over 11 hours.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
The flight crews are acting up. Being the most handsomely compensated group in the industry simply isn't enough these days.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The flight crews are acting up. Being the most handsomely compensated group in the industry simply isn't enough these days.

I was wondering if that was the case.

Turns out, they rolled everything to tomorrow.

I live in a MAJOR market. I know nothing about how they assign flights to crews, but in my uneducated mind, it seems that they could have forced a crew to switch from a BFE Wyoming flight to our flight. This is just crazy and totally unacceptable. FedEx is slowly circling the drain.

On a side note, my brother-in-law, who works for a logistics company, told me today that we lost a HUGE account with Louis Vuitton. I guess they wanted FedEx to give them a bigger discount and FedEx said no, thinking that they would never leave. Surprise!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
On a side note, my brother-in-law, who works for a logistics company, told me today that we lost a HUGE account with Louis Vuitton. I guess they wanted FedEx to give them a bigger discount and FedEx said no, thinking that they would never leave. Surprise!
Two thumbs up.jpg