Minimal Acceptable

1fedexFAILURE

Come on Dave, these guys are stressed out from all the time commits and wear and tear on the body from all those oversized envelopes. They need a proper break!
Maybe we should become less intelligent and join ground.. that way we could schlep bigger boxes for less money..you shouldn't fault us for you intelligence level..

1fedexFAILURE

He
Sure it should. Being in a truck, listening to the engine noise and road noise (even our sprinters aren't very quiet) is not restful. A break is a rest time. Being in a truck does nothing to help a driver rest or wind down for a period of time.
He should have let the manager drive the truck while he went in and sat at the diner..that way the manger could drive if he wanted to while the other guy took a real break!! That's what I would do..

STFXG

Maybe we should become less intelligent and join ground.. that way we could schlep bigger boxes for less money..you shouldn't fault us for you intelligence level..
MY intelligence level? Lol. I rolled in around 9 and went and delivered 30 stops. Currently on the golf course. How's your work day going? :)

Code43

Someone mentioned earlier that they were on a check ride and their manager wanted to drive while the courier took their break in the jump seat. I personally would not have a problem with that as long as there were no deliveries or pickups made during that time. What's the difference between sitting in a diner and sitting in the jump seat?

There's one reason and one reason only that a manager would drive on a couriers break between towns.. To artificially inflate the stations numbers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Nah, he's a 40 year old unemployed guy who sits all day in his mother's basement trolling forums. Read this forum for a year until comfortable enough to start posting.

Straight from the mouth of the board's resident genius of finances and everything else.!

59 Dano

I like the the little shot there in the last paragraph. Comments like that show people just how intelligent you are as well as exposes just how much character you possess.

Aaaaand just like that, you get religion and character is important. Were you concerned about character when you attempted to misrepresent something that was written in plain English? Not that I genuinely care; just curious.

dezguy

Aaaaand just like that, you get religion and character is important. Were you concerned about character when you attempted to misrepresent something that was written in plain English? Not that I genuinely care; just curious.
Where did anything I write reference religion? And please tell me where I misrepresented something that was written in plain English? Did you or did you not say you should move a truck if you like the manager even though, by US law, you are not supposed to be operating that vehicle? Did you or did you not say it was ok to drive a FedEx vehicle on your break even though that is in the people manual as being against company policy?

59 Dano

Everyone knows most every swing carries freight in the cab.speeds..and works on their breaks..so if a swing makes the numbers doesn't justify it..it only shows that the numbers on routes get messed up after a few years of just bumping numbers up for a2% increase..point made..Thxs Dano.

Revisiting this...

Freight in the cab won't benefit your SPH enough to matter and I don't know why anyone would do it. Ditto for driving with the bulkhead door open, since we're talking about these sorts of things.

Speeding? It might do some good on routes that have lots of miles if you can drive a lot of them at 10 MPH or more over the limit. If that's what swings are doing, we'd see them being marched out in droves as a result of all those speeding tickets and speed related accidents.

Working off the clock? What kind of fool would do that?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
If I'm going down the road in a company vehicle - whether I'm the one behind the wheel or not - my butt's for damn certain on the clock.

59 Dano

Where did anything I write reference religion? And please tell me where I misrepresented something that was written in plain English?

"Get religion" is a figure of speech.

Did you or did you not say you should move a truck if you like the manager even though, by US law, you are not supposed to be operating that vehicle?

No I did not, and it is not a violation of US law unless you are on a public road. The station is not a public road.

Did you or did you not say it was ok to drive a FedEx vehicle on your break even though that is in the people manual as being against company policy?

I made no claim as to it being OK or not. I said I would do it if helped me to get off in time for something I needed to do after work. The People Manual says no such thing, nor does PBP.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Good question lol. I think he is someone in senior management it seems. As spineless as they come. A senior manager or above, most likely above. A true Yes Man with the spine of a jellyfish.
We were calling those kind of people "weasel worshipers" a few years ago. Maybe we need to bring that phraseology back especially if Dano continues to post here.

dezguy

"Get religion" is a figure of speech.

No I did not, and it is not a violation of US law unless you are on a public road. The station is not a public road.

I made no claim as to it being OK or not. I said I would do it if helped me to get off in time for something I needed to do after work. The People Manual says no such thing, nor does PBP.

We have been told many times by our manager, DM and talking heads from HQ that the rules of the road pertain to inside the station. We are not to do anything driving a FedEx in the station or on station property that would be illegal on Canadian roads.

"If you don't think the manager would put the screws to you for that in such a scenario, don't do it. If he wouldn't, then do it." - 59 Dano, Jul 5, 2015

Sure looks to me like you said do it...

"Some folks think that driving on break is wrong. Others don't." - 59 Dano, Friday at 10:08 PM

So let me ask you; which camp are you in then? The folks that think it is wrong to be driving on break or the folks who don't?

59 Dano

We have been told many times by our manager, DM and talking heads from HQ that the rules of the road pertain to inside the station. We are not to do anything driving a FedEx in the station or on station property that would be illegal on Canadian roads.

FedEx policy is not law.

"If you don't think the manager would put the screws to you for that in such a scenario, don't do it. If he wouldn't, then do it." - 59 Dano, Jul 5, 2015

Sure looks to me like you said do it...

If you trust him enough and feel comfortable, knock yourself out. It has nothing to do with liking him or her. And you missed the post (on purpose, no doubt) where I said I don't care if the person in question just leaves the truck. You know why? Because I don't!

Here it is: "Buddy, I don't care if you, him, the Cookie Monster, or someone else moves the truck. I don't care if it sits there all night, the next day, and then the rest of the week. Some managers would cover your backside, some wouldn't. I wouldn't even think to ask a non-DOT person to do it unless there was some crazy circumstance, and I wouldn't blame him if he said no."

And then there's this: "My advice (or advise, if you will) is to not move it if you don't want to. Real difficult concept to grasp."

"Some folks think that driving on break is wrong. Others don't." - 59 Dano, Friday at 10:08 PM

So let me ask you; which camp are you in then? The folks that think it is wrong to be driving on break or the folks who don't?

I don't think it's wrong. With few exceptions, I don't think it's wise. There is nothing in PBP or the PM that says to not do it.

vantexan

Straight from the mouth of the board's resident genius of finances and everything else.!
LOL, is that all you've got? You jumped in to tell me how stupid I am, and all you proved was you have a rudimentary understanding of investing. I don't know it all, gladly admit it, but have spent decades reading voraciously. You see a courier, nothing more, and assume certain things. Guys like you never get that for many of us our work is our vocation, but not our advocation. I've known mgr's who know their job well, but don't have a clue about much else. Too many of them think that because they're a mgr that they are superior to couriers. And in this company it's obvious by the B.S. pay schemes that our leaders have the same regard for us. It's pathetic, and if you align yourself with them then so are you.

dezguy

FedEx policy is not law.

If you trust him enough and feel comfortable, knock yourself out. It has nothing to do with liking him or her. And you missed the post (on purpose, no doubt) where I said I don't care if the person in question just leaves the truck. You know why? Because I don't!

Here it is: "Buddy, I don't care if you, him, the Cookie Monster, or someone else moves the truck. I don't care if it sits there all night, the next day, and then the rest of the week. Some managers would cover your backside, some wouldn't. I wouldn't even think to ask a non-DOT person to do it unless there was some crazy circumstance, and I wouldn't blame him if he said no."

And then there's this: "My advice (or advise, if you will) is to not move it if you don't want to. Real difficult concept to grasp."

I don't think it's wrong. With few exceptions, I don't think it's wise. There is nothing in PBP or the PM that says to not do it.
I'm not your buddy, pal.