Minimal Acceptable

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You certainly don't like having to work for your money, do you? I find it hilarious that you constantly harp on the " lazy and incompetent couriers" when you are the management equivalent.

Even if I'm not a manager?

When a manager goes out of his way to accommodate a courier, and he STILL can't hit his goals, who is the lazy one?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

When a manager goes out of his way to accommodate a courier, and he STILL can't hit his goals, who is the lazy one?

So, what are you exactly? A manager, a PR shill, someone hired by FedEx from an outside company, or just an idiot?

MAKAVELI

Never seen any manager go out of their way. Management these days are their own worst enemy. They want UPS productivity at McDonald's prices. When it comes to actually "managing people" ( look it up for the meaning) they want nothing to do with it. You and the rest of your management coworkers are nothing but a joke.

Code43

image.jpg

dezguy

No, that is the case AROUND HERE, which is why I said AROUND HERE and not EVERYWHERE INCLUDING CANADA.

Some folks think that driving on break is wrong. Others don't.
Driving on break IS wrong. It isn't some people think it is, others don't. I can clearly remember, many years ago when I was hired, we were told not to drive on our breaks. Sure, people do it but FedEx will never say it is encouraged.

Those that do it are either intimidated to do it or are those who just want to pad numbers, sorta like doing dels on your break, writing down the awb# and punching it in after you "finished" your break.

Of course I'm not surprised that you think it is ok for us to drive on our breaks. You were the one telling people to move vehicles they are not certified to drive if you like the manager.

1fedexFAILURE

I've seen that, too. Don't like it one bit.

Unless the swings can do it consistently.
Everyone knows most every swing carries freight in the cab.speeds..and works on their breaks..so if a swing makes the numbers doesn't justify it..it only shows that the numbers on routes get messed up after a few years of just bumping numbers up for a2% increase..point made..Thxs Dano.

59 Dano

Never seen any manager go out of their way. Management these days are their own worst enemy. They want UPS productivity at McDonald's prices. When it comes to actually "managing people" ( look it up for the meaning) they want nothing to do with it. You and the rest of your management coworkers are nothing but a joke.

Oh you should hear how you're laughed at, stops.

59 Dano

Driving on break IS wrong. It isn't some people think it is, others don't. I can clearly remember, many years ago when I was hired, we were told not to drive on our breaks. Sure, people do it but FedEx will never say it is encouraged.

Those that do it are either intimidated to do it or are those who just want to pad numbers, sorta like doing dels on your break, writing down the awb# and punching it in after you "finished" your break.

Of course I think it would be OK for me to drive on a break if I had a need to be off by a certain time and driving on my break was a means to that end. Other than that, I wouldn't do it, nor have I. I would never suggest that anyone else do it for any reason.

Wouldn't ever deliver or pickup while on break for any reason.

Of course I'm not surprised that you think it is ok for us to drive on our breaks. You were the one telling people to move vehicles they are not certified to drive if you like the manager.

Not quite, but keep trying. I realize that you folks up there are a bit slow. Reread it a few more times. It'll come to you, maybe.

59 Dano

Everyone knows most every swing carries freight in the cab.speeds..and works on their breaks..so if a swing makes the numbers doesn't justify it..it only shows that the numbers on routes get messed up after a few years of just bumping numbers up for a2% increase..point made..Thxs Dano.

LOL, you know who makes those excuses about swings? Failures. Don't you get tired of making excuses for your performance?

vantexan

So, what are you exactly? A manager, a PR shill, someone hired by FedEx from an outside company, or just an idiot?
Nah, he's a 40 year old unemployed guy who sits all day in his mother's basement trolling forums. Read this forum for a year until comfortable enough to start posting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Someone mentioned earlier that they were on a check ride and their manager wanted to drive while the courier took their break in the jump seat. I personally would not have a problem with that as long as there were no deliveries or pickups made during that time. What's the difference between sitting in a diner and sitting in the jump seat?

dezguy

Of course I think it would be OK for me to drive on a break if I had a need to be off by a certain time and driving on my break was a means to that end. Other than that, I wouldn't do it, nor have I. I would never suggest that anyone else do it for any reason.

Wouldn't ever deliver or pickup while on break for any reason.

Not quite, but keep trying. I realize that you folks up there are a bit slow. Reread it a few more times. It'll come to you, maybe.
I like the the little shot there in the last paragraph. Comments like that show people just how intelligent you are as well as exposes just how much character you possess.

dezguy

Someone mentioned earlier that they were on a check ride and their manager wanted to drive while the courier took their break in the jump seat. I personally would not have a problem with that as long as there were no deliveries or pickups made during that time. What's the difference between sitting in a diner and sitting in the jump seat?
A chair can be comfortable; the jump seat is most certainly not. A chair can be in a quiet area; the jump seat is most certainly not. A chair can be in front of a table, allowing you to spread out your lunch instead of holding onto it and keeping it from ending up all over the cab; the jump seat... Shall I go on?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A chair can be comfortable; the jump seat is most certainly not. A chair can be in a quiet area; the jump seat is most certainly not. A chair can be in front of a table, allowing you to spread out your lunch instead of holding onto it and keeping it from ending up all over the cab; the jump seat... Shall I go on?

It shouldn't matter where the 45 minutes not spent behind the wheel are taken just as long as there are no deliveries or pickups made during that time.

dezguy

It shouldn't matter where the 45 minutes not spent behind the wheel are taken just as long as there are no deliveries or pickups made during that time.
Sure it should. Being in a truck, listening to the engine noise and road noise (even our sprinters aren't very quiet) is not restful. A break is a rest time. Being in a truck does nothing to help a driver rest or wind down for a period of time.

STFXG

Come on Dave, these guys are stressed out from all the time commits and wear and tear on the body from all those oversized envelopes. They need a proper break!