Minimal Acceptable

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yep, FDX dispatches shills to invade message boards. And major media corporations are afraid to take on FDX (even though they'll take on anyone else).

Foil hats, is there anything they can't do?

Yes, they do. You're proof. Major media is always afraid to take-on sponsors, and Fred S also has political clout that could provide backlash. Ground is especially ripe for an expose', yet I've never seen anything. Express business practices, and the way they deal with sick and injured employees? Solid gold...but nobody wants to touch it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, they do. You're proof. Major media is always afraid to take-on sponsors, and Fred S also has political clout that could provide backlash.

Yet NBC took on the biggest and the baddest, lied about them outright, and came away relatively unscathed...

MAKAVELI

Not as much as you. Your point?
You as many managers I have had the displeasure of working for are great at one thing and one thing only. Driving down morale. You want perfection, yet see no value in the hard work and dedication it takes achieve it. You son, are a dime a dozen in this company. Just like a clown factory, produces clown after clown, they call managers.

59 Dano

You as many managers I have had the displeasure of working for are great at one thing and one thing only. Driving down morale. You want perfection, yet see no value in the hard work and dedication it takes achieve it. You son, are a dime a dozen in this company. Just like a clown factory, produces clown after clown, they call managers.

My management philosophy for couriers would be the same as it has been for anyone else I've managed anywhere else I've worked: hit your expectations. If there are issues that are keeping you from doing that, come see me and let's see what we can do to fix them. If your performance is making me look good, I'm not going to stand in the way and I'll give you all the credit.

I can see how that would just devastate the morale, expecting people to work and so forth.

bbsam

Staff member
Having Dano and the other shills is actually a good thing because it shows we are on the FedEx radar and that their "Social Media Facilitator" or whatever Dano's real title is, has been assigned here to spread disinformation and BS.

FedEx also has their shills on other social media, because whenever someone complains about how much one of the FedEx opcos suck or how badly they have blown someone's delivery, a shill-bot will post something wonderful about FedEx.
Fact is they don't care. They have their RLA exemption, Ground ISP model, and well, we've seen right here petitions go nowhere. But I suppose if it makes you feel good, like you're hot on their heels...it's your fantasy.

MAKAVELI

My management philosophy for couriers would be the same as it has been for anyone else I've managed anywhere else I've worked: hit your expectations. If there are issues that are keeping you from doing that, come see me and let's see what we can do to fix them. If your performance is making me look good, I'm not going to stand in the way and I'll give you all the credit.

I can see how that would just devastate the morale, expecting people to work and so forth.
We aren't looking for credit, a pat on the back, or a lousy BZ.
Comprendes ?

Code43

Issues like being paid fairly?

vantexan

And your company's philosophy is when people who work hard exceed expectations then raise the bar and push them much harder than those who barely meet lower standards. It doesn't pay to work hard for FedEx because there's no reward for hard work. Just piling on more work.

MAKAVELI

You are hired and paid, just like anyone else at any other job, to meet a certain level of performance. Comprendes?
Yes and I expect to be compensated when I meet a certain level of performance, just like anyone else at any other job. Comprendes ?

59 Dano

Issues like being paid fairly?

I don't know about you, but there was nothing in my paperwork when I was hired that granted me the right to not do my job if I was mad about something. I don't like the pay either, but you signed yourself up for the job and the pay, just like I did. The last thing I'll do is engage in a urinating match with the people that write the checks; there are better ways to resolve issues.

dezguy

You are hired and paid, just like anyone else at any other job, to meet a certain level of performance. Comprendes?
And when the company decides one day to up your "certain level of performance" to a much higher level than what was expected before, that's cool, right?

59 Dano

And your company's philosophy is when people who work hard exceed expectations then raise the bar and push them much harder than those who barely meet lower standards.

I'm sorry van, but if the bar is raised to match your capabilities, that shouldn't be an issue.