Minimal Acceptable

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
And when the company decides one day to up your "certain level of performance" to a much higher level than what was expected before, that's cool, right?

No different than just about any other workplace. I don't particularly like it, but the person paying the bills has the ultimate say. Unless there's some mystical place where output expectations never change.

59 Dano

And that attitude and disdain is why morale is so low and turnover so high. Keep up the good work Dano !

What is the proper non morale hurting way to respond to people who just get sillier and sillier? If you want to be treated like an adult, try acting like one. I guess the proper smart aleck response to your never-ending smart aleck comments about everything is that when you hit a level of performance worthy of the money you want, you'll get it.

MAKAVELI

What is the proper non morale hurting way to respond to people who just get sillier and sillier? If you want to be treated like an adult, try acting like one. I guess the proper smart aleck response to your never-ending smart aleck comments about everything is that when you hit a level of performance worthy of the money you want, you'll get it.
Dude, are you really that dense? I'm not just talking about me personally, but company wide. Everyone is unhappy, from new hires to 25 year vets. The lack of a wage progression, defined benefit pension plan, decreasing health benefits, and continual takeaways has driven morale down to the point where new hires don't stay and 10+ year vets say friend..k it and move on. You want to paint a picture that every courier is lazy and a friend...up. So you and management can make all the excuses you want. Doesn't change the bullshat coming out of Memphis. And it certainly doesn't change where Express is headed.

Nolimitz

It's on your powerpad. It's the last screen you see before you close out a delivery and return to your delivery list.
And every E-note I added for the 4th was fubar. All of my closed notes came down the belt as rdy for del. No Closed stickers on any of them. It also only "works" in DRA routes, half our station is still SRA.

1fedexFAILURE

LOL!!! Why do you care if he works through his lunch to inflate his numbers?
You should care..but like most managers I'm sure you do not care if he works through his lunch..it's against policy to work on your lunch..but oh yeah..you like most managers don't care about policy unless it's to write a courier up for some minor infraction..so long as it's in your favor it's ok to break policy..right Dano????

dezguy

You should care..but like most managers I'm sure you do not care if he works through his lunch..it's against policy to work on your lunch..but oh yeah..you like most managers don't care about policy unless it's to write a courier up for some minor infraction..so long as it's in your favor it's ok to break policy..right Dano????
He/she would all of a sudden care when said courier got into an accident or hurt themselves while on "break". Of course, even with the manager knowing what said courier was doing, it would still all be the couriers fault. Sure, the DM might have a talk with the manager but the courier will sure get much worse.

1fedexFAILURE

He/she would all of a sudden care when said courier got into an accident or hurt themselves while on "break". Of course, even with the manager knowing what said courier was doing, it would still all be the couriers fault. Sure, the DM might have a talk with the manager but the courier will sure get much worse.
Bingo...you nailed it there

59 Dano

Dude, are you really that dense? I'm not just talking about me personally, but company wide. Everyone is unhappy, from new hires to 25 year vets. The lack of a wage progression, defined benefit pension plan, decreasing health benefits, and continual takeaways has driven morale down to the point where new hires don't stay and 10+ year vets say friend..k it and move on.

I've been right there with you and the others with my unhappiness with the pay progression. Try paying attention. The changes to the pension and health insurance are not avoidable. Defined benefit pension plans are becoming fewer and fewer by the day; health insurance plans are becoming more expensive and providing less coverage. Not only at FedEx, but just about everywhere.

You can sit there with your arms folded and your bottom lip sticking out with the, "I don't care, I want it" attitude if you wish. Those benefits aren't coming back at FedEx and probably not anywhere else where they've similarly eroded. Pay is a different story and I hope that significant changes are made in that regard.

You want to paint a picture that every courier is lazy and a friend...up. So you and management can make all the excuses you want. Doesn't change the bullshat coming out of Memphis. And it certainly doesn't change where Express is headed.

There are plenty of lousy couriers out there and they need to be held accountable for their performance or lack thereof. They don't need to be babied or coddled. They need to improve or be shown the door. It's not fair to their non-lazy coworkers. If you don't mind the lazies stealing from you by holding us all down, well, I don't know what to tell you.

59 Dano

And every E-note I added for the 4th was fubar. All of my closed notes came down the belt as rdy for del. No Closed stickers on any of them. It also only "works" in DRA routes, half our station is still SRA.

It works fine in our SRA area. Then again, we didn't add any eNotes for the 4th. We were closed that day, had no freight, and nothing came down the belt (ready for del or otherwise). But the ones we added for the 3rd worked without issue! :teethy:

59 Dano

I asked why HE cared if someone else works through his lunch and I'm hoping he'll answer.