MIP 2019 ?

textat3

Seriously after full time sups pay for their benefits, make their mandatory United Way donation, pay for gas for their 50 mile commute each way and factor into that they no longer get a pension....I would think a 22.3 job would offer a better compensation package.....

PAUPSGuy

Seriously after full time sups pay for their benefits, make their mandatory United Way donation, pay for gas for their 50 mile commute each way and factor into that they no longer get a pension....I would think a 22.3 job would offer a better compensation package.....
You're watching condensed capitalism unfold pushed by automation. The lowest hanging fruits the first to get squeezed.

542thruNthru

Seriously once UPS factors in how much time FT sups play in their phones and BS in the office. You probably owe them money.

Be happy with your 40% and get back to work.

Anyone know what the 2019 MIP factor is ?
Yep...40%. The lowest 2nd lowest in history. The MIP savings will be used to fund the 2nd transformation buyout in April 2020. This buyout will include operations and frankly UPS is funding it with the MIP bonus money they stole. With increased automation and data Operations management will be cut 50%. Drivers will increasingly be held accountable and managed by production and will be expected to self manage similar to self checkouts at store.

542thruNthru

Drivers will increasingly be held accountable and managed by production and will be expected to self manage similar to self checkouts at store.

Um... you new to UPS?

All if that has been happening for years. The only thing they need to do is let go a bunch of ORS and hire 1 more OMS and its business as usual.

542thruNthru

Operations management is basically just there to make sure people show up for work anymore. I also quit giving warning letters. It’s a waste of paper airplane material.

Yep...40%. The lowest 2nd lowest in history. The MIP savings will be used to fund the 2nd transformation buyout in April 2020. This buyout will include operations and frankly UPS is funding it with the MIP bonus money they stole. With increased automation and data Operations management will be cut 50%. Drivers will increasingly be held accountable and managed by production and will be expected to self manage similar to self checkouts at store.

He’s been buried in a cubicle for so long he’s forgotten what the outside world even looks like
Seriously though... @elo gets it. It amazes me how many ORS don't realize drivers pretty much handle everything by themselves. Yet we are called the box monkeys like I couldn't learn and do my ORS job as well as him in 1 day. :)

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
When my ORS is on vacation, nobody replaces him. When ANY driver is off, he has a replacement. Just a fun fact. Like it or not.

In automotive the shop actually runs better when the sup is on vacation. When the stars align just right and the fleet manager is off the same week it’s actually a great place to work and stuff gets fixed in a logical manner.

RolloTony Brown Town

When my ORS is on vacation, nobody replaces him. When ANY driver is off, he has a replacement. Just a fun fact. Like it or not.

The employees do the job. Several employees do it the right way regardless of fatigue, illness, or things going on outside of work, AND they do it without needing to be micromanaged. You’re not wrong.

To my “partners” that hate teamsters... we could not show up to work and the job will still get done.

That said, it doesn’t mean that all supervisors are poor at their jobs. Sometimes we may even be prevented from making what we feel are necessary adjustments because the “plan” says so. It also doesn’t mean that this MIP “reward” (and I use that term loosely) wasn’t a slap in the face. This one stings. Probably will for awhile.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The employees do the job. Several employees do it the right way regardless of fatigue, illness, or things going on outside of work, AND they do it without needing to be micromanaged. You’re not wrong.

To my “partners” that hate teamsters... we could not show up to work and the job will still get done.

That said, it doesn’t mean that all supervisors are poor at their jobs. Sometimes we may even be prevented from making what we feel are necessary adjustments because the “plan” says so. It also doesn’t mean that this MIP “reward” (and I use that term loosely) wasn’t a slap in the face. This one stings. Probably will for awhile.
All I'm saying is don't take it out on drivers. We are just working stiffs supporting the union and management. Take it out on the higher ups if you have the nerve.