MIP 2022

Absolutely. I know you see exceptions but I don't find it difficult to do the job with a sense of right and wrong or disagreeing with higher ups.
Well one of my old supervisors just retired recently. I worked with him and many different capacities over the decades.

I asked him why he was leaving because I know he was planning on staying another year or two.

And his honest answer was I just can't sleep at night doing the things of this company asked me to do and its wrong

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
That's great! I sold a good portion of mine a few years back to sell a house. While the stock has risen dramatically, so has the value of my house. I'm calling it a wash. I'm starting to let my RSUs build my stock account back up.

Don't worry about the haters, because as I have always said: haters gonna hate.
You sold stock to sell a house? You're obviously in IE. I guess you are the one that pushed diad 6 and the route scrambling Orion feature.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I asked him why he was leaving because I know he was planning on staying another year or two.
And his honest answer was I just can't sleep at night doing the things of this company asked me to do and its wrong
the only sleep i've ever lost was wondering if i missed a trailer and was going to get a call while i was asleep; that :censored2: will really keep you up

most of the sups i've seen doing wrong things mostly did it because they were too lazy to do things the right way

UPSBD

Supa Star
Word on the street is another VSAP was sent out a week ago. Other parts of IT got it this time from what I can understand. If they offered it to me again id rip their arm off AGAIN but knowing my place, im a leading SME in tech so they wouldnt let me go if i begged..
Didn't you just say in the post above you are leaving 3/5??

UPSBD

Supa Star
There are too many projects going on to cut IE for the next few years; if anything attrition and buyouts can be used to lower headcount

Already overdid it the first time, transformed IE then immediately had to hire back a bunch of people just to not sink underwater
I think the management committee likely believes they can get away with further cuts. Seems the current flavor is to replace mid-management with non-MIP.

Word is that an additional $500M in non-ops will be trimmed this year.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think the management committee likely believes they can get away with further cuts. Seems the current flavor is to replace mid-management with non-MIP.

Word is that an additional $500M in non-ops will be trimmed this year.

Are you suspecting more buy outs or forced retirements before 2023. I expect that Corporate wants to trim their books before they eliminate the funding of the UPS Retirement Plans. The maintaining of these pension trusts has to be increasing with the PBGC (who is in financial distress) raising their insurance rates. I would imagine that they will be replacing these old time management partners with younger participants who will be transferred to the matched 401k saving a ton of money, along with eliminating redundant mid management positions.

I could be mistaken on this but I believe that the Unionized Pilot’s pension is under the UPS Retirement Plan also and their contract talks begin in 2023 along with the Teamsters.

oldngray

nowhere special
Same thing!
You hate the BS but you sold your soul when you stayed in an environment you hate.
yz-4-7.jpg