MIP factor?

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
My contention is the weather certainly was a major component --hard to deny that ---other theories are only that --Fed x stopped Amazon early--Amazon dumped on UPS went way over mutually agreed to volume levels ---plans have to based on Volume projections --internal as well as customer estimates etc etc etc.
Weather was a component in trying to get caught up. This isn't the first time we've experienced untimely weather issues but it was the ugliest recovery I've ever seen. The impact In my area would have been minimal if we weren't already trying to play major catch-up when it hit. I hear it was the same story elsewhere. We knew what was coming cyber week, had good weather, and weren't prepared to handle it.

island1fox

SO,

It was a disaster --broke my heart --not the UPS way when the Region Mgr --District Managers and all Division Mgs stayed Christmas eve until the last driver was off the road and we did whatever we had to --to be clean !!

Many people in this country and company --say we are progressing ---I do not like the progress I see.

With that being said --Hoax has already in another thread accused me of beating a dead horse:peaceful:-So I will just say --I believe there were a lot of different issues for the disaster ---Cannot change the Past --but I can only hope that the UPS leaders of today --get their act together !!!:sick:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
SO,

It was a disaster --broke my heart --not the UPS way when the Region Mgr --District Managers and all Division Mgs stayed Christmas eve until the last driver was off the road and we did whatever we had to --to be clean !!

Many people in this country and company --say we are progressing ---I do not like the progress I see.

With that being said --Hoax has already in another thread accused me of beating a dead horse:peaceful:-So I will just say --I believe there were a lot of different issues for the disaster ---Cannot change the Past --but I can only hope that the UPS leaders of today --get their act together !!!:sick:

I think I said "riding a dead horse".
I happen to agree on this one.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
SO,

We all know that both region managers and 17 district managers aren't going to work late any day of the year. We must let go of the past and embrace the new UPS way. Does anyone know wtf the UPS way is these days?

Lemvil

We all know that both region managers and 17 district managers aren't going to work late any day of the year. We must let go of the past and embrace the new UPS way. Does anyone know wtf the UPS way is these days?

Isn't the UPS way now "shrink to greatness"? I've been hearing that a lot lately.

island1fox

SO,

I have asked MYSELF that question many , many times---Must be an Idiot ---he gives me no answer !!!:smart:

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
Myron is qualified but he simply is not a good fit for UPS CEO.
The next CEO could very well come from outside UPS.
The current Management Committee members are good, strong managers but are not strong in CEO qualities.
Dave might be the best in this area but he has other drawbacks.
They're all a bunch of bums! Why can't they find anyone truly qualified like Vice Adm. Mike Rodgers, who's just been nominated to head the NSA?

COH_IE

just heard... 2013 MIP factor is 75% or 1.5 on the old scale. we all know which MIP elements we made compared to LY... and LY was 70%.

i was told there would be no math, but i am trying to wrap my head around this one.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
just heard... 2013 MIP factor is 75% or 1.5 on the old scale. we all know which MIP elements we made compared to LY... and LY was 70%.

i was told there would be no math, but i am trying to wrap my head around this one.
Just be happy ... there is no quantitative way to determine.
Just the least they can give without revolt.

COH_IE

should have clarified. i know it's not strictly tied to the MIP elements, but with the recent communications to "brush up" on what the elements are and which ones we were making, i thought 50% or less was in our futures.

brownIEman

It is actually a clever ploy if it is on purpose. If you recall, the MIP elements last year were way off as well, and should not have justified the 70% we got. The announcement as I recall was something about how the results did not reflect the efforts of UPS partners and the board or whoever were adjusting the MIP to reward people. I am sure the same will be said this year. A nice way to try to get us to be grateful to them and divert attention from the fact that if you are making huge profits as a corporation, and your measurements show you are performing just awfully, then probably you are measuring the wrong things. It will also likely divert anyone from looking at what the payout would be if it were done the old way- by splitting 15% of the pre-tax profit. I have don't know, but with the increased profits and decreased management ranks the last several years I would imagine it would be significantly higher under that math.

As an aside, nice job on our corp employee communications side - the anouncement was supposed to post to upsers at 15:00 Eastern it is now past 15:30 eastern and I have been refreshing for 20 minutes, then had to come here to BC to find out what the factor was...

Catatonic

Nine Lives
should have clarified. i know it's not strictly tied to the MIP elements, but with the recent communications to "brush up" on what the elements are and which ones we were making, i thought 50% or less was in our futures.
It is actually a clever ploy if it is on purpose.

Like I said, "Just be happy"!

Tell everyone it is going to be crap.
It is lukewarm soup.
When it should have been filet mignon.

No revolt and some people actually think UPS gave them something.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
Like I said, "Just be happy"!

Tell everyone it is going to be crap.
It is lukewarm soup.
When it should have been filet mignon.

No revolt and some people actually think UPS gave them something.
One can be happy while at the same time being honest about the current state of affairs. The game is just different. The game used to be to stop at nothing to try to increase the reward. The new game is to decide what the predetermined award is worth and adjust effort appropriately. Be intentional about the way you play the game, unless you want to try to start the revolt.

BrownTie

Are you saying we are being played? Our hard work and sacrifices is all a game being played by the UPS Board. We should not be satisfied with how the dice rolled or what the house dealt. I guess we are a bunch of servers, busboy, and dishwashers. At the end of the day, we split the tip.