Mirrors

S

serenity now

...at which point I and most of my co-workers would make it a point to "adjust" them every chance that we got...

not with this guy * he comes to work with a 1/2 gallon Gulp cup full of coffee, so he's pretty jacked-up right out of the starting gate

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Know how you feel , I had to write up my DVIR 8 times before they finally fixed my mirror from folding in when on the freeway
Been there, wth do you do? Its not too bad if the left blows in, but the right, when you have to get over to use an exit, extreme danger.

S

serenity now

Been there, wth do you do? Its not too bad if the left blows in, but the right, when you have to get over to use an exit, extreme danger.

i wrap some tape around the mirror frame and then run it over to stick flat to the windshield so the wind can't fold it back * that ugly-ass mess usually spurs the mechanic to work on the detent

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It might be worth your while to buy a cheap ratchet set to keep in your package car. I don't have this issue but if the mirrors do become loose or out of adjustment during the day I fix them while I am home on break.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It might be worth your while to buy a cheap ratchet set to keep in your package car. I don't have this issue but if the mirrors do become loose or out of adjustment during the day I fix them while I am home on break.
Sober said this, too. I'm going shopping today, and this is going on my list.

S

serenity now

Sober said this, too. I'm going shopping today, and this is going on my list.

don't forget the post-it notes and the lysol wipes in the pop-up dispenser and a couple of ball point pens and a pint of Old Harper ( no, forget the Old Harper ) * it just fit so perfectly * American Graffiti

menotyou

bella amicizia
don't forget the post-it notes and the lysol wipes in the pop-up dispenser and a couple of ball point pens and a pint of Old Harper ( no, forget the Old Harper ) * it just fit so perfectly * American Graffiti
I have the post-its, need the lysol pop-ups, and have boatloads of pens. The Old Harper has been replaced by Dt Pepsi. :winks: I was told black is the ink of choice, but I like pink and purple. :bigsmile2: It looks so good on the DVIR.

jaker

trolling
That's is what the mechanic kept doing and it still kept folding in , he got the point eventually and replace the spring piece and now it works great

S

serenity now

That's is what the mechanic kept doing and it still kept folding in , he got the point eventually and replace the spring piece and now it works great

roger that, if it's folding back repair or replace the detent * constant folding of the mirrors will put accelerated wear on that part

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
roger that, if it's folding back repair or replace the detent * constant folding of the mirrors will put accelerated wear on that part

That is one of the main reasons why I dont fold my mirrors in at every stop. Constant folding/unfolding of the mirror weakens the detent to the point where the passenger side mirror arm will fold inward at highway speed from its own wind resistance.