Misloads

dhups

Last Thursday, the Operations Sup. came to me and told me that I had 2 misloads the previous day. Not that big of a deal, right? Wrong. He told me that one of the on-road sups wouldn't speak to me because I kept getting misloads. I have 2 per week, if that. Plus, I could care less if the on-road sup doesn't talk to me. She needs to retire.

Anyway, the Ops. Sup. told me to stop getting misloads so he doesn't have to hold my job over my head. Can I be terminated for having misloads? I haven't read anything in the contract stating this. Also, I do the best I can everyday with loading my trucks. 1 of my 4 trucks is hell. And I'm also working on the rollers, which can be crazy if I have lots of packages. But like I said, can I be terminated for misloads?

No I am a steward it would take aong time to fire you. they would have to fire everyone with 2 misloads. As long as you r doing as instructed then dont worry UPS is a pressure company.

robot

Has A Large Member
****! When I was in package car I lost count of how many times a part time sup would throw something on the back of my car that didn't belong to me.

I'm guessing at least 50% of my misloads back then were thrown in by those dumbasses because I had a great loader back then!

The answer is YES.
As far as your level of acceptance, that depends on your own pride for someone elses possessions that they chose to trust you to deliver for them. They believed you could do it no better than anyone else, and you failed. To not be critical on yourself and accept 2 service failures a week could tailspin if every loader had your mentality. Resulting in a minimum of 104 service failures for the year. That is if you were assuming to maintain this 2ML per week, and hopefully the two times you gave up on a package that they were not Bags. Moreover, You would be responsible for making service for many more packages than you have failed...in which you should be proud about. But 2 is 1+1 too many. If I can reference a loader that maintains a 0/66k ML frequency. That is a loader that has not misloaded in 2 full months of work. I am sure you can surely manage at least 1 perfect week of service cant you?

LKLND...if you provide breakfast like you provide for service, the eggs would be in Montana, the bacon in New England, the toast in Florida and nothing on the Plate. And no one wants to high five anyone that has dirty hands and smells funny! Take a shower and clean up...your smelling like a brown Turd!

laffter

The answer is YES.
As far as your level of acceptance, that depends on your own pride for someone elses possessions that they chose to trust you to deliver for them. They believed you could do it no better than anyone else, and you failed.

If that customer wants a guarantee that their package will be delivered with care and on time, they can pay the preloader and the driver to load/deliver only their package. That would be great. I'll show up for work, load one box, get my guaranteed 3.5 and go home. The driver can deliver it, get his 8 and go home. The customer can pay ~$320 + transport costs. Everyone would be happy!

People want cheap services. They want reliable services. They want other people to bend over backwards for them to provide those cheap, reliable services. Unfortunately, that's not how things work in the real world. Why do quality products cost more money than their Chinese counterparts? Because the people making those products are skilled, and take their time, using quality materials.

UPS may advertise that they offer a quality service. They advertise a lot of things. During my "training", they advertised "quality before quantity". These words actually came out of the trainers mouth, like projectile vomit. If there was any truth to this, the concept of production would not exist in UPS's centers. They do not care about the quality of a driver's load; they do not care about the quality of service provided within the facility; they honestly, really don't even care about misloads. What they care about is numbers, and misloads make their numbers look bad.

The customer is paying for a cheap service. In return, the customer is receiving a cheap service. Most of the time it works out. Their package arrives undamaged and on-time. Sometimes it even arrives earlier than projected! Other times, it doesn't work out so well. They payed for a cheap service, so the contents of the package were damaged, or it arrives late. Sometimes even both! The company does not care. If the company doesn't care, it's too much of a burden for the hourly worker to take it upon himself to care. You can try, and I do try. But in the end, it is what it is.

As reliable or unreliable as one might feel this company is, its reliability would be non-existent, were it not for the individuals within it that do try to care. And anyone would tries to talk badly about these individuals when they make mistakes has either never done the work himself, or has been brainwashed by management.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The answer is YES.
As far as your level of acceptance, that depends on your own pride for someone elses possessions that they chose to trust you to deliver for them. They believed you could do it no better than anyone else, and you failed. To not be critical on yourself and accept 2 service failures a week could tailspin if every loader had your mentality. Resulting in a minimum of 104 service failures for the year. That is if you were assuming to maintain this 2ML per week, and hopefully the two times you gave up on a package that they were not Bags. Moreover, You would be responsible for making service for many more packages than you have failed...in which you should be proud about. But 2 is 1+1 too many. If I can reference a loader that maintains a 0/66k ML frequency. That is a loader that has not misloaded in 2 full months of work. I am sure you can surely manage at least 1 perfect week of service cant you?

LKLND...if you provide breakfast like you provide for service, the eggs would be in Montana, the bacon in New England, the toast in Florida and nothing on the Plate. And no one wants to high five anyone that has dirty hands and smells funny! Take a shower and clean up...your smelling like a brown Turd!

What a bullchit first post.
Your screen name fits your ideals, as you certainly have a vivid imagination.
Step out of your cyber-world and into the real world.

If this person loads 800 packages a day x 5 days in a week = 4000pkgs/per week with 2 misloads makes them 99.9995 effective.
Not bad in my book.

Oh yea, the answer is definitely no.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Service always comes before production. Only thing that comes before service is safety ;)

This man is right about these two things. As far as MAR goes, you cannot be fired for that. Oh, sure, they will threaten you will termination and anything else the bean counters can come up with. The fact remains, however, the union does NOT recognize production standards. 'Corporate MAR' doesn't mean spit. Just be aware that they will say ANYTHING to convince you that you are on thin ice. Their talk of production standards is just chest-beating bluster. Why? Because their masters tell them it is. The ball rolls downhill, until it stops. It is up to YOU to stop that ball. No, it isn't easy, especially if you don't like confrontation, but stop it will, if you stand up for yourself.

Now, the two quotes above are correct. So I would tell you to SLOW DOWN, and make the loads your only priority. Think of it this way: they are complaining about misloads. So, if it takes you a lot longer to load perfectly, then that is what you should do. And the very first time the a supervisor with a clipboard comes to you mentioning a word about MAR, BAR, PAR, or whatever stupid term they use about production, quote UPSer21, and tell them that you are working safe, and concentrating on perfect service.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The answer is YES.

I love this attitude. It ASSUMES that the speed management pushes with intimidation has nothing--NOTHING--to do with missorts and misloads. Yeah, and the later and later start times have NOTHING to do with the sorts going down later and later...I would love to say this amazes me, but I gave that thought up nearly 30 years ago.

Emeraldclouds7

Work at a pace that you don't have misloads. Listen carefully. Work at a pace that you don't have misloads. No one gets fired for not working fast. But they can hold you accountable for mistakes. But if you work at a pace that you don't have misloads, then whether they like it or not. YOU can state that you have improved you misloads count. And truthfully I have never heard of anyone being fired for misloads. Think about it. You made a mistake. So effectively Supervisor is telling you that you are being fired for a mistake. If that were the case, then everyone would be fired. What is the point of working fast if you make a mistake. But it will happen. But to cut down on your mistakes. WORK at a pace that you will cut down you mistakes. Fire back at me if you don't get what I am telling you. You will be fine.

EmraldArcher

No I am a steward it would take aong time to fire you. they would have to fire everyone with 2 misloads. As long as you r doing as instructed then dont worry UPS is a pressure company.

This post brings up an interesting question.

I was always told that you can't be fired (or rather you will be brought back if you are) for service, attendance etc. if you can prove there are people as bad or worse then you that haven't been fired.

Is this true? For instance, if I get fired for attendance because I missed 4 days in a month but there is someone who missed 5 and hasn't been fired I will get my job back.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
You CAN be fired for misloads. They will call it failure to work as directed. All they have to do is document, talk, give warning letters, suspend, give warning letters, 3 day suspend, warning letter, terminate. As long as it's done within 9 months and there's no grievances against the documentation, they can do what they want. Up to us to protect ourselves. They aren't going to do it for us.