Misloads

BrownBob

As long as you’re union, they cannot fire you for misleads depending on your contract language. I once had 27 misloads during peak, but I’m still at UPS. If your building is only pushing 5,200, everyone should take 10 minutes at the end of the shift with a marker and check for misloads if supes are that upset about it. I do that sometimes, I recently had 6 misloads in a day. If people are helping you and putting boxes in your cars, you’re not responsible and they might say it came from your scanner but my supes are down my throat if I get slammed and don’t scan the boxes I leave out. You’ll most likely be fine, it’s probably just another scare tactic.

They don't give us enough time to check.
I usually don't even get to finish my own trucks. 9 o'clock and we are out the door even if stuff is still coming down the belt.
They are also pushing my start time back so when I come in my section is already a train wreck because the belt has already been running 15 minutes by the time I clock in. There's really no way to recover from that. They are preaching to me about load quality and misloads but they aren't even giving me a chance to take a glance at my load sheets or to even breathe.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
They don't give us enough time to check.
I usually don't even get to finish my own trucks. 9 o'clock and we are out the door even if stuff is still coming down the belt.
They are also pushing my start time back so when I come in my section is already a train wreck because the belt has already been running 15 minutes by the time I clock in. There's really no way to recover from that. They are preaching to me about load quality and misloads but they aren't even giving me a chance to take a glance at my load sheets or to even breathe.

You've got time to look at your load sheets. And breathe.
Management wants you to think you don't.

Their choice to start us late, and hustle us off the clock are not your problem.

Load at a safe rate. Period. If you aren't scanning, and the trucks aren't wrapped at the end of the day, they can't prove you misloaded anything.

Find your steward, and talk to him about all this.

Jstpeachy

7 or 8 misloads total for the building? Lol my building has 30-75 misloads per building on a regular basis. Probably due to revolving door on preload...

No clue if they can fire you for it or not.

Jstpeachy

To all those saying just slow down what’s your advice when the belt is fully backed up 7 car lengths, falling off everywhere and the section is stacked out so bad you can’t walk to your next truck at all?

Because that’s the aftermath reality of “work safe/slow down” it took several drivers plus multiple preloaders to clean up the absolute breakdown chaos today. All it does imo is add to the already frustrating job we have.

They keep delaying start time as some prep for peak ideal supposedly mandated by corporate- all they are doing is watching people quit daily due to double the flow in half the hours. Hourly raise doesn’t really matter if they chop hours down a ton like they are doing.

TL DR- today sucked lol

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
To all those saying just slow down what’s your advice when the belt is fully backed up 7 car lengths, falling off everywhere and the section is stacked out so bad you can’t walk to your next truck at all?

Because that’s the aftermath reality of “work safe/slow down” it took several drivers plus multiple preloaders to clean up the absolute breakdown chaos today. All it does imo is add to the already frustrating job we have.

They keep delaying start time as some prep for peak ideal supposedly mandated by corporate- all they are doing is watching people quit daily due to double the flow in half the hours. Hourly raise doesn’t really matter if they chop hours down a ton like they are doing.

TL DR- today sucked lol

All in the mindset.

Watch it all burn. If it takes 10 extra guys to dig you out at the end of the day, that's what needs to happen.

UPS management has moving goalposts. Even if you were to turn into Superman and keep up with what they expect of you, they'd just increase your workload.

Give them a fair days work for your pay. Work hard, but don't sweat what you can't do.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We have those scanners for six months now. I get more misloads now then I did before we got them with the same preloader.
None of these management idiots will admit that we get less misloads before the scanners because preloaders would actually look at the address and verify that it was correct, old skool.

I personally believe I could maintain a 1/20,000 rate of error without HINs or Scanners, just the old sequence charts. None of this technology actually speeds anything up, it only lowers the skill floor.

Hot Carl

I had about 960 pieces on my trucks this morning. Checked the total on my scanner right before I went home. I rarely misload, but whenever they tell me that I had one on a given morning, I just shrug my shoulders at this point. I've had days where I've gone over 1,100 and even 1,300 pieces a couple times. There comes a moment where the workload becomes so unmanageable that I realize that I just don't get paid enough to give a :censored2: anymore. At that point it's time to watch everything pile up, fall off the belt, and go right to :censored2:.

We had a driver get hurt last summer but bumped inside and worked with us all through peak before he went back out on the road last spring. After that he said he'll never complain again about his truck not being finished when he shows up in the morning because apparently preload is dramatically more miserable than it was when he did it 15-ish years ago.

I had about 960 pieces on my trucks this morning. Checked the total on my scanner right before I went home. I rarely misload, but whenever they tell me that I had one on a given morning, I just shrug my shoulders at this point. I've had days where I've gone over 1,100 and even 1,300 pieces a couple times. There comes a moment where the workload becomes so unmanageable that I realize that I just don't get paid enough to give a :censored2: anymore. At that point it's time to watch everything pile up, fall off the belt, and go right to :censored2:.

We had a driver get hurt last summer but bumped inside and worked with us all through peak before he went back out on the road last spring. After that he said he'll never complain again about his truck not being finished when he shows up in the morning because apparently preload is dramatically more miserable than it was when he did it 15-ish years ago.
Our preload is a joke. Reducing hours for some of the lowest paid Teamsters at UPS which adds more hours to the highest paid UPS Teamsters. How is this cost effective?

KoennenTiger

None of these management idiots will admit that we get less misloads before the scanners because preloaders would actually look at the address and verify that it was correct, old skool.

I personally believe I could maintain a 1/20,000 rate of error without HINs or Scanners, just the old sequence charts. None of this technology actually speeds anything up, it only lowers the skill floor.

It certainly does look like mngmts plan is to try to make it so that anyone at all could do any job no matter what no skill or brain involved. No doubt because they think they can replace us all with trained monkeys and make even more profit.

It certainly does look like mngmts plan is to try to make it so that anyone at all could do any job no matter what no skill or brain involved. No doubt because they think they can replace us all with trained monkeys and make even more profit.
In 40 years I have seen seniority drivers quit, but never at the rate I see seniority drivers quitting now. Making a $100k a year is nice, but not at the price of giving up your life for 35 years.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
As long as you’re union, they cannot fire you for misleads depending on your contract language. I once had 27 misloads during peak, but I’m still at UPS. If your building is only pushing 5,200, everyone should take 10 minutes at the end of the shift with a marker and check for misloads if supes are that upset about it. I do that sometimes, I recently had 6 misloads in a day. If people are helping you and putting boxes in your cars, you’re not responsible and they might say it came from your scanner but my supes are down my throat if I get slammed and don’t scan the boxes I leave out. You’ll most likely be fine, it’s probably just another scare tactic.

Damn, you suck at preloading