Misloads

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BrownBob, Aug 13, 2019.

1. BrownBob

BrownBob New Member

They don't give us enough time to check.
    I usually don't even get to finish my own trucks. 9 o'clock and we are out the door even if stuff is still coming down the belt.
    They are also pushing my start time back so when I come in my section is already a train wreck because the belt has already been running 15 minutes by the time I clock in. There's really no way to recover from that. They are preaching to me about load quality and misloads but they aren't even giving me a chance to take a glance at my load sheets or to even breathe.

2. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

You've got time to look at your load sheets. And breathe.
    Management wants you to think you don't.

Their choice to start us late, and hustle us off the clock are not your problem.

Load at a safe rate. Period. If you aren't scanning, and the trucks aren't wrapped at the end of the day, they can't prove you misloaded anything.

Find your steward, and talk to him about all this.

3. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Active Member

7 or 8 misloads total for the building? Lol my building has 30-75 misloads per building on a regular basis. Probably due to revolving door on preload...

No clue if they can fire you for it or not.

4. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Active Member

To all those saying just slow down what’s your advice when the belt is fully backed up 7 car lengths, falling off everywhere and the section is stacked out so bad you can’t walk to your next truck at all?

Because that’s the aftermath reality of “work safe/slow down” it took several drivers plus multiple preloaders to clean up the absolute breakdown chaos today. All it does imo is add to the already frustrating job we have.

They keep delaying start time as some prep for peak ideal supposedly mandated by corporate- all they are doing is watching people quit daily due to double the flow in half the hours. Hourly raise doesn’t really matter if they chop hours down a ton like they are doing.

TL DR- today sucked lol

5. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

At a normal pace or the unrealistic pace the sups run everything at?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Don't discriminate against blind preloaders

All in the mindset.

Watch it all burn. If it takes 10 extra guys to dig you out at the end of the day, that's what needs to happen.

UPS management has moving goalposts. Even if you were to turn into Superman and keep up with what they expect of you, they'd just increase your workload.

Give them a fair days work for your pay. Work hard, but don't sweat what you can't do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. polyp

polyp Member

Watch it burn and doggedly maintain egress.

8. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

None of these management idiots will admit that we get less misloads before the scanners because preloaders would actually look at the address and verify that it was correct, old skool.

I personally believe I could maintain a 1/20,000 rate of error without HINs or Scanners, just the old sequence charts. None of this technology actually speeds anything up, it only lowers the skill floor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. Hot Carl

Hot Carl Member

I had about 960 pieces on my trucks this morning. Checked the total on my scanner right before I went home. I rarely misload, but whenever they tell me that I had one on a given morning, I just shrug my shoulders at this point. I've had days where I've gone over 1,100 and even 1,300 pieces a couple times. There comes a moment where the workload becomes so unmanageable that I realize that I just don't get paid enough to give a :censored2: anymore. At that point it's time to watch everything pile up, fall off the belt, and go right to :censored2:.

We had a driver get hurt last summer but bumped inside and worked with us all through peak before he went back out on the road last spring. After that he said he'll never complain again about his truck not being finished when he shows up in the morning because apparently preload is dramatically more miserable than it was when he did it 15-ish years ago.

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Our preload is a joke. Reducing hours for some of the lowest paid Teamsters at UPS which adds more hours to the highest paid UPS Teamsters. How is this cost effective?

11. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Active Member

It certainly does look like mngmts plan is to try to make it so that anyone at all could do any job no matter what no skill or brain involved. No doubt because they think they can replace us all with trained monkeys and make even more profit.

12. Orion works so well.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. PT Car Washer

In 40 years I have seen seniority drivers quit, but never at the rate I see seniority drivers quitting now. Making a $100k a year is nice, but not at the price of giving up your life for 35 years.

14. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Damn, you suck at preloading

15. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Shut The Belt Off

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. They are pushing people too hard. They need to fix their out dated system.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  17. PT Car Washer

Could be a PT preload training sup.

18. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

You couldn’t make this :censored2: up if you tried

19. BlackCat

BlackCat Active Member

That's called a split.

20. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Lol

Had a dm come thru after they had just relooped the center

Say’s we’re not calling them splits anymore they’ll be called preferred adjustments now and was serious

Whole pcm busted out laughing