Misloads

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BrownBob, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Well-Known Member

The reason some of those misloads aren't being scanned is because they are likely loaded on drivers who will cheat the stops for management. Management says just sheet it closed before 5 or just sheet it no such number. I've had younger drivers ask me about this. I tell them they better start standing up to this crap now because sups won't be there for you when you are terminated for falsifying records.

2. iowa boy

iowa boy Well-Known Member

and secure it with the lock

3. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Active Member

Same at our building. $1 raise hourly yet making $60+ less a week due to delayed start times. Then we get cut, or load alongside drivers making top pay lol makes no sense

4. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

We have scanners now, i have had one in like 8 mnth

5. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Active Member

We actually tried that, multiple times during the insane back up. If we shut it off no matter how bad the back up is they just turn it back on repeatedly.

Only option was to let everything fall of the belt and lose access to half the cars at the bottom of the belt lol ridiculous

6. polyp

polyp Member

Sounds like an OSHA call

7. Good job

8. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown Active Member

they do this to us too.
    They are pushing our hours back even though our volume is up.
    We get cut at 9-9:15 and unload isn't even done yet. Just walk out and clock out with stuff still coming down the belt and the drivers take over.
    I asked my sup what the point was and he said it's to make PPH look better.
    I am continually confused how this company has the reputation that it does. This place is a joke.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. All my time loading goes on preload time so that really doesn't make any sense , does it?

10. BiggieBrown

BiggieBrown Active Member

Lol if the belt goes down at our center the PT sup FREAKS the :censored2: out!!!
    As soon as the belt stops he materializes out of thin air and starts interrogating everyone to find out who it was, then goes "YOU GOOD??!? YOU GOOD??!? YOU GOOD?!?!" every 5 seconds until you turn it back on again.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Who cares if he freaks out

If the belt needs shut off shut it off

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  12. Liquid Red

Liquid Red Active Member

You must be in a super small center - we process 5,200 in about 30 minutes. o_O

13. PTPunchingBag

PTPunchingBag Member

Glad you brought that up, contract is iffy and my union rep didn’t have a solid answer. In your building/local, can people with seniority that load boot lower people out of the unload?

14. BrownBob

BrownBob New Member

I'd rather be in a big center.
    From the numbers I've seen people mention on here, as a loader I still handle just as many packages as loaders in the big center do, the only difference is I have to work in a tiny shed with very little room to walk and stack.

15. CRG817

CRG817 New Member

Union protects you for missloads. If you arent the person getting missloads your fine. I went 8 months without one. Loading 3 trailerss....read...read out loud. All the numbers can confuse you. Think of it like what if that was something you ordered. Not much to goal wise in loading. Thats mine be the one outta 12 people not getting them. My frequency 1/7500 with daily 95,000. Also dont sign anything without union Stewards if its a sup threat.

16. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Active Member

Just heard today they are talking about stopping the few Saturday routes in our building (pretty much a handful of air routes run Saturday, plus maybe 4-5 ground) because running Saturday “isn’t in the budget”

I honestly don’t see how people are lifers here lol in the building at least is a complete joke of chaos.

17. BadIdeaGuy

BadIdeaGuy Not mine, but it needed immortalizing.

37 reasons to be a lifer. :wink-very:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  18. Jstpeachy

Jstpeachy Active Member

More power to ya lol