Money and moving up in UPS.

UPSSOCKS

Enlighten us. How much does the company contribute for driver pension per year? How much does the company contribute for a new sups pension per year. What is the benefit of each?

Your one of those people that think they know it all, and in reality all you are doing is shooting off lies and hoping someone thinks you know what you are talking about. I chose a long time ago not to engage in conversation with people like you because that is what feeds your lies and in the end you end up believing your self. You have no idea about MIP or the pay scales for supervisors. I'm going to leave you that way, so that the people that do have a clue can laugh at your posts.

Treegrower

Your one of those people that think they know it all, and in reality all you are doing is shooting off lies and hoping someone thinks you know what you are talking about. I chose a long time ago not to engage in conversation with people like you because that is what feeds your lies and in the end you end up believing your self. You have no idea about MIP or the pay scales for supervisors. I'm going to leave you that way, so that the people that do have a clue can laugh at your posts.

.....And yet to absolutely refuse to refute the numbers given and/or offer your own numbers. you are so full of crap. Go home and practice shaving son

UPSSOCKS

.....And yet to absolutely refuse to refute the numbers given and/or offer your own numbers. you are so full of crap. Go home and practice shaving son

I actually don't shave, I get a fresh shave everyday at an old barber shop, sometimes I get my shoes shined. Thanks for the advice anyway. One day when you get older I will instruct you to shine my shoes. I don't offer my own numbers because when you become a partner, one of the first things you are told is to never talk about your wages with anyone, especially not with the help.

Just curious, why did you pick the name Treegrower???

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was under the impression that if you are a top rate driver, and you went into management, you would make slightly more as a FT sup. perhaps 10%.

Can't argue with UPSSOCKS on this one, apples to apples. Sure, there are special cases, i.e. a top rate driver in a center might earn more than a FT on-car sup because the FT sup was only earning 17/hr in progression or something like that as a driver, he/she maybe got a boost from that 35k-40k progression wage up to 50k salary. However that is not a fair comparison.

UPSSOCKS

I was under the impression that if you are a top rate driver, and you went into management, you would make slightly more as a FT sup. perhaps 10%.

Can't argue with UPSSOCKS on this one, apples to apples. Sure, there are special cases, i.e. a top rate driver in a center might earn more than a FT on-car sup because the FT sup was only earning 17/hr in progression or something like that as a driver, he/she maybe got a boost from that 35k-40k progression wage up to 50k salary. However that is not a fair comparison.

Finally an accurate statement...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How do you figure you initially lose money? I've never heard that, not saying it isn't possible.

My on car was a driver for 15 years and we are good friends. He told me that when he first went in to mgt he lost money. He now makes about what a driver who works 3-5 hours OT weekly would make. That does not include his stock, which he used to put his 2 daughters through college and a son 1/2 way done and plans on using stock to pay for their weddings.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
My on car was a driver for 15 years and we are good friends. He told me that when he first went in to mgt he lost money. He now makes about what a driver who works 3-5 hours OT weekly would make. That does not include his stock, which he used to put his 2 daughters through college and a son 1/2 way done and plans on using stock to pay for their weddings.

That is an individual case and may not be typical, I think you will admit. Interesting though.

upsgrunt

Your one of those people that think they know it all, and in reality all you are doing is shooting off lies and hoping someone thinks you know what you are talking about. I chose a long time ago not to engage in conversation with people like you because that is what feeds your lies and in the end you end up believing your self.

Who would know this better than you?
Straight from the horse's mouth;
or whatever part you choose

jimstud

Banned
when you talk about what a full time driver makes compared to full time suit don't forget to add health and welfare and pension into the mix to the tune of 30k per year.

pretzel_man

Enlighten us. How much does the company contribute for driver pension per year? How much does the company contribute for a new sups pension per year. What is the benefit of each?

I do not know the contribution or difference... Its certainly not a zero contribution as the numbers you support state.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

No lies on my part. If you don't know, you can just not say anything. Calling me a liar does nothing to prove your point. I know what supervisors and managers make including MIP.

I am not entirely clear on what a new sups pension contribution rate is since it changed to a 401K only plan in 2008. If my memory serves me correctly it was a 3% match plus another 3%. I assume it's just 3% now since the match was eliminated for all non-union employees. That would make the pension contribution a measly $2160 per year based upon a 6k per month salary.

beentheredonethat

No lies on my part. If you don't know, you can just not say anything. Calling me a liar does nothing to prove your point. I know what supervisors and managers make including MIP.

I am not entirely clear on what a new sups pension contribution rate is since it changed to a 401K only plan in 2008. If my memory serves me correctly it was a 3% match plus another 3%. I assume it's just 3% now since the match was eliminated for all non-union employees. That would make the pension contribution a measly $2160 per year based upon a 6k per month salary.

Fracus,
No offense, but there's very little chance you can know what FT Supvs and mgrs make. You may know what some of them make. But I quite a while ago, was a Payroll Supv and payed all mgmt in my district. There were great variations in pay back then. I don't know about now, but I assume there is still a good deal of variations. Usually the variations were due to length of service, how good\poorly the supv has performed etc. As far as pension, a few years ago, there was a change for pension for newer\younger mgmt folks. I believe at the time of the change it was all mgmt with < 5 years in and\or all mgmt under 29. (I'm not exactly sure, since I wasn't close to being effected by the change). For older mgmt, we have the same pension plan we've always had which is 100% paid for by UPS. We also don't have to pay for union dues, which although less then our monthly medical fees, help to offset this difference.

UPSSOCKS

You CAN NOT take a pay cut going from union to management. End of story. The only way is if a full time driver would take a part time supervision job, but even then you would get an hourly wage increase, just not the 40+ hours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You CAN NOT take a pay cut going from union to management. End of story. The only way is if a full time driver would take a part time supervision job, but even then you would get an hourly wage increase, just not the 40+ hours.

I am not going to argue with anyone over this as this is what he told me. I'm out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I did but that was 30+ years ago.
Averaged 54+ hours per week as a driver ... division manager said I would not be getting 54/week anymore (to make my decision easier).