More bad press from...of course GROUND

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
This is exactly what I've talked about. These two drivers were contractor employed drivers but were fired by Ground. Another glaring example and conclusive proof of the absolute power and control of Fedex Ground including firing another employer's employees. And some people on here claim that they're "building a business".......(LMFAO!)

An "independent contractor"? Get outta here. You are a nonemployee administrator of a supply chain that is under the TOTAL domination and control of Fedex Ground and can be cut off at any time for any reason including standing up for your employees.......or no reason at all.
What? No whiplash denial from IWBF or BBSAM????

CookiePuss

And here's the really funny part . After the public embarrassment and media firestorm resulting from their firing of another employer's employees Ground now comes back and says that THEY are now providing employment to the contractor employed drivers they fired.
After another public embarrassment Ground is now trying to walk it back and make another piece of very bad PR look a little less bad. Why bother?

Small world. I just quit working for that contractor 3 weeks ago. I haven’t heard anything about Fedex hiring them, but the public has definitely taken their side. Their Go Fund Me page is almost at $70k.
FedEx Workers Fired After Viral Video organized by Jeremy Jones

McFeely

Huge Member
Seems that in another thread it’s widely known that Express has no time commit. At least not one anyone is paying attention to these days.

My station is still running service. We still have “lates” even without the MBG and our management is still held accountable for lates and reasons.

I have been told that if I’m going to have a late P1, make sure it’s a resi stop.

bacha29

It seems like ignoring his nonsense is probably best. No reason to continue to argue with someone that is grossly uninformed.
Quit trying to cover up the fact that Fedex is the rancher and you're the cattle. It's the cat and you're the mice. While slightly modified to create the appearance of a more balanced set of terms and it's just that appearance only ,the core demands of a Fedex Ground contractor service agreement have never lessened or changed in any discernible way

We're not "uninformed" We're just UNIMPRESSED. Unimpressed with your efforts to create an image of true independence along with a balance and bilateral relationship between you and Fedex. Fedex has never operated in any other way and it's sure as hell is going to take more than a nobody like you to make them change the way they do business.

It will be fine

Quit trying to cover up the fact that Fedex is the rancher and you're the cattle. It's the cat and you're the mice. While slightly modified to create the appearance of a more balanced set of terms and it's just that appearance only ,the core demands of a Fedex Ground contractor service agreement have never lessened or changed in any discernible way

We're not "uninformed" We're just UNIMPRESSED. Unimpressed with your efforts to create an image of true independence along with a balance and bilateral relationship between you and Fedex. Fedex has never operated in any other way and it's sure as hell is going to take more than a nobody like you to make them change the way they do business.
2582142D-117F-4048-B2C5-88C104947CD5.gif

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is exactly what I've talked about. These two drivers were contractor employed drivers but were fired by Ground. Another glaring example and conclusive proof of the absolute power and control of Fedex Ground including firing another employer's employees. And some people on here claim that they're "building a business".......(LMFAO!)

An "independent contractor"? Get outta here. You are a nonemployee administrator of a supply chain that is under the TOTAL domination and control of Fedex Ground and can be cut off at any time for any reason including standing up for your employees.......or no reason at all.

They were fired by their contractor.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My station is still running service. We still have “lates” even without the MBG and our management is still held accountable for lates and reasons.

I have been told that if I’m going to have a late P1, make sure it’s a resi stop.
Does anybody these days even file a claim for lates?