More bad press from...of course GROUND

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ole wise one, watch and see how brick stores start taking back off in two years.

Not all of them.

JC Penney may not make it to Christmas. JCrew has already thrown in the (overpriced) towel. Macy's is gone. Pier 1 Imports is gone.

Meanwhile, Walmart had a 74% gain in their e-commerce. Think about that for a moment---74% gain. They very nearly doubled their e-commerce in 3 months.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Anecdotal at best. Even in a down economy, volume is at peak levels. You really think once everything is open people will be flocking to stores just to stand in line for hours and be close to a bunch of other people?

You mean like they do every year, and are complaining about being unable to do now?

59 Dano

Because if they thought they could have made Express a contractor model, they would have by now.

Yet another reason why combining both opcos into one unit staffed with hourly employees doesn't make sense.

Every opportunity to contract out the work is an opportunity to increase the margin.

59 Dano

So you think there’s too much freight for Ground to handle. How does running it all under the Express opco magically create additional capacity?

Good grief, I don't get where they come up with this stuff. How the hell does shifting work from a cheaper labor model to a more expensive labor model generate higher margins???

59 Dano

You don't think there will be the initial hesitation for the majority of people to go back in to malls, restaurants and movie theaters?

Sure there will be some hesitation. An extended hesitation by a majority of people? Doubtful.

Anecdotally, there are exponentially more people where I live that are demanding that the governor kill off the restrictions ASAP than people wanting to take it slow.

AB831

Perhaps a system where the person dispatching those trucks has a direct financial incentive to remain as efficient as possible would be preferable.
Oh definitely. Unfortunately, Express operates on the “pass the buck to the next guy, so I can do as little as possible” system.