More bad press from...of course GROUND

McFeely

Huge Member
Perhaps a system where the person dispatching those trucks has a direct financial incentive to remain as efficient as possible would be preferable.

I'm sure everyone on DRA in the US has mentioned a handful of times to their management and engineer at how badly DRA routes stops and sets boundaries, yet I've yet to see any improvement.

And Express managers should be interested in saving money/hours...yet nothing gets fixed.

AB831

I'm sure everyone on DRA in the US has mentioned a handful of times to their management and engineer at how badly DRA routes stops and sets boundaries, yet I've yet to see any improvement.

And Express managers should be interested in saving money/hours...yet nothing gets fixed.
All DRA does is ensure overtime and ensure lates.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Not all of them.

JC Penney may not make it to Christmas. JCrew has already thrown in the (overpriced) towel. Macy's is gone. Pier 1 Imports is gone.

Meanwhile, Walmart had a 74% gain in their e-commerce. Think about that for a moment---74% gain. They very nearly doubled their e-commerce in 3 months.
73% whhooppiee, during these times it should have gone 100%.

bacha29

FedEx owns the brand and customers don't pay contractors directly for transport of their freight. So for all intended purposes, they are all operated by FedEx.
As long as that truck has Fedex DOT number and it's brand name on the side of it and the only thing that's in it is Fedex bar coded freight and Fedex assigns the geographical area in which it runs it simply does NOT matter who's name is on the title. It is still a Fedex sanctioned and CONTROLLED operation. And any claim to the contrary is simply not supported by the facts.

MAKAVELI

Has nothing to do with Ground operating more efficiently because the contractor has skin in the game. If you saw how small my routes were you’d understand that time commits wouldn’t be a big deal.
They most certainly do, especially when you consider the pu side as well. Your pure ground operation is as simple as it gets.

It will be fine

They most certainly do, especially when you consider the pu side as well. Your pure ground operation is as simple as it gets.
Has nothing to do with the structure of Ground being better at cost control. Time windows aren’t a big deal. I know you want to believe you’re special but it’s not that complicated.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
FedEx owns the brand and customers don't pay contractors directly for transport of their freight. So for all intended purposes, they are all operated by FedEx.

If an area serviced by 1 Ground truck gets so busy that it requires 2 or more Ground trucks, FedEx doesn't incur any additional costs or decreases in margin for that truck to run. Similarly, if an area that has 2 or more Ground trucks loses volume and a Ground truck to that area is cut, FedEx doesn't see a drop in operating costs or an increase in margin.

I wonder why?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If an area serviced by 1 Ground truck gets so busy that it requires 2 or more Ground trucks, FedEx doesn't incur any additional costs or decreases in margin for that truck to run. Similarly, if an area that has 2 or more Ground trucks loses volume and a Ground truck to that area is cut, FedEx doesn't see a drop in operating costs or an increase in margin.

I wonder why?
If an area serviced, by a Ground truck that leaves its bulkhead open while the driver is delivering, is robbed, who’s business and reputation is damaged?

Hint: not UPS.

bacha29

This is exactly what I've talked about. These two drivers were contractor employed drivers but were fired by Ground. Another glaring example and conclusive proof of the absolute power and control of Fedex Ground including firing another employer's employees. And some people on here claim that they're "building a business".......(LMFAO!)

An "independent contractor"? Get outta here. You are a nonemployee administrator of a supply chain that is under the TOTAL domination and control of Fedex Ground and can be cut off at any time for any reason including standing up for your employees.......or no reason at all.

bacha29

And here's the really funny part . After the public embarrassment and media firestorm resulting from their firing of another employer's employees Ground now comes back and says that THEY are now providing employment to the contractor employed drivers they fired.
After another public embarrassment Ground is now trying to walk it back and make another piece of very bad PR look a little less bad. Why bother?