More Pickup Volume Lost to the USPS

Dr.Brownz

Just. Cracks me up. Especially these rural routes. What in the world have they implemented that’s saving some huge significant time?

yet routes that used to go out with 60-65 stops are being pushed to 90+ and then they’re crying but why can’t you make 9.5.

My old route was 75 stops = 8.5 hours. Now the guy goes out with 85 and its says 8.5 day and in the 120's it still says 9.1 hour day. A sup even admitted the numbers are being manipulated in a PCM a few weeks ago but denied it when all the 9.5 grievances rolled in. It's funny watching him claim with a panicked look in his eye that the numbers are "pretty accurate".

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My old route was 75 stops = 8.5 hours. Now the guy goes out with 85 and its says 8.5 day and in the 120's it still says 9.1 hour day. A sup even admitted the numbers are being manipulated in a PCM a few weeks ago but denied it when all the 9.5 grievances rolled in. It's funny watching him claim with a panicked look in his eye that the numbers are "pretty accurate".
Yeah that’s when it’s obvious. 8 hour days I run scratch or damn near it. Then you up my stop count by 40% and add miles but it’s like a 9 hour day.

yeah sure.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Anyone else noticing a lot of our pick up volume is being diverted to the USPS? Parcel Select (I believe) and not Surepost. Some of my customers have told me it is because we are so behind. Others because we are losing a lot of packages. No one seems to know for sure why. Maybe it’s because our govt has undercut us even more now. It would be a damn shame if we are actually needing the post office to bail us out. If that is the case then it’s probably wise to cash in UPS stock if you have it. Because the post office bailing us out is a sure sign that this company is headed towards the end much faster than some of us already thought. LOL

I did hear from a dispatcher that UPS had to block more volume from Amazon because they were trying to give us much more than their current contract permitted. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that.
LOlL TLDR