More stops, less time....

Purplepackage

If you go out and get everything off the truck with no lates, get to all your pick ups on time and don't have any accidents

Then you had a good day and the reports should mean nothing to you

Goldilocks

If you go out and get everything off the truck with no lates, get to all your pick ups on time and don't have any accidents

Wrong, people doing everything you say and still getting emotinally raped. You think you did a good job because you made your DRA RTB but you didn't make your Gap.

BigTex61

Wrong, people doing everything you say and still getting emotinally raped. You think you did a good job because you made your DRA RTB but you didn't make your Gap.
I'm sure in the near future, even if you make your rtb time, no gap issues, the Memphis Morons will come up with some other worthless goal we are not making. Screw them.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

You need to stop taking it so personal. As long as you know you are doing your best and your customers are happy, screw FedEx. You have to shut off your brain to the negativity. Punch in, run your route, punch out, get paid on Friday. Rinse, wash, repeat, until you can retire.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Exactly. Safety first always. Following courier best practices, obey the speed limits and rules of the road - always follow the proper methods. If, according to management, you are having some on-road performance deficiencies, they need to take a check ride with you and/or show you how to do a better job on-road by running your route with you in the passenger seat.
Check Rides are no longer part of FedEx protocol,according to our DM. Managers are spread too thin to accommodate this. They are required to train new employees on-road in addition to their usual functions. So, back to the drawing board.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Check Rides are no longer part of FedEx protocol,according to our DM. Managers are spread too thin to accommodate this. They are required to train new employees on-road in addition to their usual functions. So, back to the drawing board.

Not at my station. I had two check rides within a month or two to set my numbers. Worked out well for me. :)

El Morado Diablo

Our station has a focus route and a back-up route. How did they choose these routes? They picked in-town routes with little variability. Not routes with the worst numbers, not our new routes with no goals. The routes with little to no change. Management is riding along once per week. In the meantime, the back-up routes Gap numbers are being scrutinized. Any changes that might be made via this process won't make a difference to the overall success of the station. What a complete waste of time and productivity.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
One of our guys got followed, literally, by his mgr. In the mgrs. personal car for about 2 hrs. Then the mgr. tells him he was walking too slow.

BigTex61

Only part of it. Not my part, Thank God. :)

Even when I was cover running DRA routes, I pretty much ignored it. The managers know it's a joke.

My manager rode with me twice because I was a focus route.
We were told also that check rides are unnecessary on dra routes, that goals for the route is set by the system via return to building times, so check rides are not needed to set the "numbers".

BigTex61

If this ever happens to me I'm calling the cops and reporting a suspicious vehicle is following me.
I did this during peak one time while I was in a rental. I told them someone was following me dressed like a Fedex driver and I was in a Budget van. I slowed down just to see the cops pull this clown over and hassle him while I made my get away. It was a sight to see!

BrownMeetPurple

I did this during peak one time while I was in a rental. I told them someone was following me dressed like a Fedex driver and I was in a Budget van. I slowed down just to see the cops pull this clown over and hassle him while I made my get away. It was a sight to see!

Tell us more..

l22

If you go out and come back without having had an accident, you had a good day. The other stuff is not up to you - you are WAD.