More then 5 send agains, you must call??

Hedley_Lamarr

In our center they tell us at every PCM that we MUST call if we have more than 5 send agains. It seems that one of the guys in our center a few weeks ago brought back three quarters of his load in send agains. This does seem a tad excessive, so now I have to use my minutes to call every time I have more than 5 send agains, which is every day even with the "triangle method."

W

westsideworma

In our center they tell us at every PCM that we MUST call if we have more than 5 send agains. It seems that one of the guys in our center a few weeks ago brought back three quarters of his load in send agains. This does seem a tad excessive, so now I have to use my minutes to call every time I have more than 5 send agains, which is every day even with the "triangle method."

Triangle method?? this related to the rhythm method?...I kid :happy-very:

I haven't heard this mentioned at our building, but I bet we get that message here soon enough, we usually get things I see on here 2-3 days after its posted here haha.

Hedley_Lamarr

Maybe he had a lot of signature stops it happens. :surprised::laughing:
I can see where it MIGHT happen. I was doing a route where I took lunch with around sixty five stops done, I looked in my summary and had only ten DR stops out of sixty five...Oh yeah I also had no send agains to that point...

sendagain

I sometimes got five send agains on one street of apartments all in a row. That is discouraging in and of itslef, let alone to work for a maroon who wastes even more of our time.

Hedley_Lamarr

Triangle method?? this related to the rhythm method?...I kid :happy-very:

I haven't heard this mentioned at our building, but I bet we get that message here soon enough, we usually get things I see on here 2-3 days after its posted here haha.
Honestly I'm not quite sure exactly how to use the triangle method....:nonono:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
This does seem a tad excessive, so now I have to use my minutes to call every time I have more than 5 send agains, which is every day even with the "triangle method."
I dont know what the "triangle method" is, but you are under NO obligation to use your cellphone minutes for UPS business. If that is what they want you to do, then do it...but if it means breaking trace, finding a phone booth and making a collect call, then so be it. This sounds like some maroon's "bright idea" that will be the flavor of the week, and forgotten soon after.

Hedley_Lamarr

I dont know what the "triangle method" is, but you are under NO obligation to use your cellphone minutes for UPS business. If that is what they want you to do, then do it...but if it means breaking trace, finding a phone booth and making a collect call, then so be it. This sounds like some maroon's "bright idea" that will be the flavor of the week, and forgotten soon after.
Well I didn't call the other day and got called into the principal's office...

Channahon

Now there is a waste of time for drivers and UPS management. What a poor business decision.

I have never seen any UPS route where 75% of the load consisted of send agains. I have seen where drivers did not make any attempts at all, and record packages as send agains.

Something was going on with this driver on that particular day. Maybe a personal problem, new route, hates UPS - who knows.

If it were me running the center, I would have talked with every person I could at every address noted as a send again on the driver's route. I would then get signed statements if the consignees were available to receive their packages at the date and time noted on the delivery records.

Then I would have terminated the driver for falsifying UPS records.
Let the process takes it course, and serve as a message to the center regarding service commitments and customer expectations.

Not inconvenience all the drivers in the center for one driver's actions.

Just my thoughts.

Hedley_Lamarr

Now there is a waste of time for drivers and UPS management. What a poor business decision.

I have never seen any UPS route where 75% of the load consisted of send agains. I have seen where drivers did not make any attempts at all, and record packages as send agains.

Something was going on with this driver on that particular day. Maybe a personal problem, new route, hates UPS - who knows.

If it were me running the center, I would have talked with every person I could at every address noted as a send again on the driver's route. I would then get signed statements if the consignees were available to receive their packages at the date and time noted on the delivery records.

Then I would have terminated the driver for falsifying UPS records.
Let the process takes it course, and serve as a message to the center regarding service commitments and customer expectations.

Not inconvenience all the drivers in the center for one driver's actions.

Just my thoughts.
I thought that 75% send agains sounded ridiculous too, but I don't make a habit of sheeting something NI without making at LEAST a half hearted effort. I mean when you find something in your 8000 that was supposed to be in the 1000, I will admit to saying "screw it, NI1." And recording it that way. But I don't make it a habit.

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
I think this is a demo of the triangle method:

Triangle.jpg

ikoi62

triangle method
Is the way it used to be before DR, if no one was home at the house you were going to you were told to go next door to the left then go to the house directly across the street then to the house on the right side of the original house. making a triangle shape to try to get rid of the package.
just in case you didn't know. :wink2:

also don't use your cell minutes find a pay phone.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I'll be calling in every day if this is put into effect at my center. With two colleges and usually 10 to 15 apartment deliveries a day, I normally have at least 10 send agains a day by the time you factor in sig required and closed.

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
triangle method
Is the way it used to be before DR, if no one was home at the house you were going to you were told to go next door to the left then go to the house directly across the street then to the house on the right side of the original house. making a triangle shape to try to get rid of the package.
just in case you didn't know. :wink2:

also don't use your cell minutes find a pay phone.

JUst curious,when performing this "triangle" should it only be right turns while walking in the triangle shape?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just one more waste of time that we get no allowance for:whiteflag:
If a driver is not attempting, that is one thing, if its legit, kinda dumb.

Griff

I thought that 75% send agains sounded ridiculous too, but I don't make a habit of sheeting something NI without making at LEAST a half hearted effort. I mean when you find something in your 8000 that was supposed to be in the 1000, I will admit to saying "screw it, NI1." And recording it that way. But I don't make it a habit.

How about going back and trying to deliver the package? I do it almost everyday, even misloads, I'm paid by the hour what do I care. If I was you I'd start recording them as missed, only a matter of time until some customer who has nothing better to do but sit home all day calls in on you.

As for this calling in nonsense. It continues to amaze me how many people use their personal cell phone, that UPS does not pay for, to conduct UPS business. However, it does NOT amaze me that UPS management instructs and directs people to do these types of things because they are soulless criminals that would probably sell their children if someone yelled at them over a speakerphone to do it.

Be a man and tell UPS you aren't going to use your personal cellphone for company related nonsense. If you are required to call into the center, tell them they better buy you a cellphone.

brown bomber

brown bomber
the flavor of the month in our bldg., is commit times for your pickups...you must be within 15 minutes..plus or minus of designated pickup times

since I never chose a time for my pickups (assigned by Mgt.) and have never had any issues w/ my pickups ....Why should it matter??

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
Maybe they'll start something new, " The Circle Method"! Drive around in circles to find someone that will take it! I made a new logo too. Remember its copyrighted! :)