Most misloads by a single person you've heard of

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Not a route but a position in a loop. They can put your work on a truck with a different number every day if they want to. It is never "your" truck. A pain in the butt to get stuck driving a different one but its part of the job when it happens.

Understood, but my point was regardless of the # you don't know what will be loaded on that truck or where it will be loaded.
Twenty five years ago a driver could walk halfway through his truck with his eyes closed, put his hand out to the right or the left, and just about tell you what stop was loaded there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Understood, but my point was regardless of the # you don't know what will be loaded on that truck or where it will be loaded.

Again, this is absolutely not true.

The base part of your route remains constant.

Add/cuts do alter the route and the sequence in which the packages are loaded but to say that "you don't know what will loaded on the car or where it will be loaded" is untrue.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Again, this is absolutely not true.

The base part of your route remains constant.

Add/cuts do alter the route and the sequence in which the packages are loaded but to say that "you don't know what will loaded on the car or where it will be loaded" is untrue.

I know what my first stop is because it fills the 800 from the bulkhead to the rear door. After that, it's just tossed salad.
Don't know how many times I have told a customer, "Let me see where they put it today."

Dominic

Things are different now OG, every truck is emptied out clean on the reload. No sendagains left on the truck. Reasoning: that package could be assigned anywhere tomorrow.

We don't really bid on a route anymore; we bid on a truck number.

When I clock in, I know what truck and what town, and I know I will be dragging a TP60. As far as what areas will be loaded on my truck: anybody's guess....
I just started in March, preload. First thing i do i walk the pc for send agains and get em outta the truck. Every truck has them. Lil frustrating to lug an irreg back to the front of belt only to see it 15 min later coming down the belt squishing a bunch of smalls with a 1 digit difference in the HIN and going right back from where i pulled it (scanner loses reception out by my belt so all sendagains have to be carried back up front by hand to b scanned). But after reading thru this forum...sounds like Orion is a pain an much more respect for u drivers. Keep cool! Im in the Orlando hub - gets toasty down here!

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I had a misloader almost misload for the cycle; NDA, NDS, 2DA, and a bunch of ground. The only one not misloaded was a 3 day select.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a misloader almost misload for the cycle; NDA, NDS, 2DA, and a bunch of ground. The only one not misloaded was a 3 day select.

Today is a new day.
@Ms.Loader
you can do it.gif

MoarTape

We had a guy with over 300 in a trailer once. This was obviously before smart scanners. It was one of the Ohio splits (we build 20 Ohio loads on our midnight sort, all but two being preloads). Those splits SUCK.

40 stops to freedom

we had someone once not catch the pas printer print out a label twice or beep and not print or whatever and bad slapped 50+ air
don't remember how many were caught before preload wrapped up