movie review

oldngray

nowhere special
truths_15.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years
We watched Dunkirk this afternoon. It was good, but I found myself asking....is he a good guy or a bad guy??

We watched it last night and found ourselves thinking it could have used a little more dialog so the audience knew what was going on. It was a let-down for us.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched the Tom Cruise movie, American Made. It was based on a true story.....the Iran contra stuff, Noriega and Escobar and Oliver North.
I fell asleep about the last 15 mins of it. I was enjoying it 'til then. If I'm in a recliner with a blanket, I can't be trusted to stay awake!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched the Tom Cruise movie, American Made. It was based on a true story.....the Iran contra stuff, Noriega and Escobar and Oliver North.
I fell asleep about the last 15 mins of it. I was enjoying it 'til then. If I'm in a recliner with a blanket, I can't be trusted to stay awake!
I did see the end of the movie today before we returned it. Good movie!!

rod

Retired 22 years

I've been know to fall asleep during a half hour sit-com. If I truly want to see something I always hit record on the DVR because you never know. Sometime I fall asleep a second and even a third time while trying to catch the whole half hour show. I think I was bitten by one of those tetse flies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched The Mountain Between Us.

"Stranded after a tragic plane crash, two strangers must forge a connection to survive the extreme elements of a remote snow-covered mountain. When they realize help is not coming, they embark on a perilous journey across the wilderness."

Starring Kate Winslet and Idris Elba. It was a good movie.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched the "Flatliners" re-make. I'm usually not a fan of remakes, but this one was done well. Even Keifer has a cameo part as a teacher.....where he was a young med. student in the 1990 one.

"Five medical students, obsessed by what lies beyond the confines of life, embark on a daring experiment: by stopping their hearts for short periods, each triggers a near-death experience - giving them a firsthand account of the afterlife."

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched Wind River.....I thought it was a very good movie.

"A veteran tracker with the Fish and Wildlife Service helps to investigate the murder of a young Native American woman, and uses the case as a means of seeking redemption for an earlier act of irresponsibility which ended in tragedy."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched War for the Planet of the Apes.

"After the apes suffer unimaginable losses, Caesar wrestles with his darker instincts and begins his own mythic quest to avenge his kind."
It was a little long (2 hours and 20 mins.) It was pretty good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched the re-make of "IT". It was done pretty good except it's only half the book......the characters as kids. At the end it says "chapter one". I didn't know it was only going to be half the story.
That clown is creepy!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched "Wonder". It was very good and a good movie for the whole fam damily. Not a swear word in it!

"Based on the New York Times bestseller, WONDER tells the incredibly inspiring and heartwarming story of August Pullman, a boy with facial differences who enters fifth grade, attending a mainstream elementary school for the first time."