Moving out of state, whats the easiest way to request a transfer.

Jondlc

My wife landed her dream job in Connecticut, we're in New York. Its a really good job that works very well for us and we decided to move to out of state. The commute to my hub is about an hour and some w/o traffic, thats if I leave really early in the morning to catch the 9:05am PCM.

Im at my first year as a full time driver, only 2 ppl under me in the seniority list. I don't care about losing my seniority when I get transferred. I only care about having a full time job at the end of the day. Are there any ways to get transferred to a closer hub without quitting and getting rehired and starting over?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My wife landed her dream job in Connecticut, we're in New York. Its a really good job that works very well for us and we decided to move to out of state. The commute to my hub is about an hour and some w/o traffic, thats if I leave really early in the morning to catch the 9:05am PCM.

Im at my first year as a full time driver, only 2 ppl under me in the seniority list. I don't care about losing my seniority when I get transferred. I only care about having a full time job at the end of the day. Are there any ways to get transferred to a closer hub without quitting and getting rehired and starting over?
You are free of UPS. Congratulations.

On the other hand, she will be throwing that in your face all the time until she finally divorces your arse.

CoolStoryBro

You have to negotiate a quit and re-hire. By negotiate I mean you have to talk to HR so they don't put you on the 'do not rehire' list once you quit. And make sure the new location needs a new part timer.

I spent 25 years there and worked in pretty much all of the towns for 15 years if you ever need an idea of what general areas are like etc.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If her jobs that great just say friend* it and be a stay at home bum

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

A question you should if asked before she took the job.

An hour drive isnt that bad.

brownIEman

Way too many variables in this. You need to talk with you ors or center manager and he. Also their counter parts in whatever center(s) serve the are you are moving.

I've seen it happen. If there is an opening where you're moving it's possible but I believe if it's a different local you'd be considered an outside hour so they'd need to spend one of the 1 in 6 on you. You would likely keep company but lose center seniority.

It's more likely you'll have to quite and rehire but you can get it worked out if you talk to the prior mentioned folks and are persistent. There would still need to be an outside hour opening.

Brownslave688

Yeah, ok, whatever! 12-13 hour days plus 2 hours/day commuting?! No thank you!
12-13 hours everyday is an exaggeration.

I drive an hour to work every day and there are plenty of other people on here that do the same. Is it ideal no but it's not worth giving up a 6 figure job.

Jondlc

A question you should if asked before she took the job.

An hour drive isnt that bad.
Its really not. The problem is that ill have to leave home extremely early so that my commute stays at 1hr+ or 1 1/2.. eventually I know itll take a toll specially during peak season.

trickpony1

You ever thought about getting a motel mid week?
Considering fuel costs and wear and tear on your car and you it might be worth it.
Don't know if this could be written off your taxes as a business expense.

Brownslave688

Its really not. The problem is that ill have to leave home extremely early so that my commute stays at 1hr+ or 1 1/2.. eventually I know itll take a toll specially during peak season.
I honestly considered just staying in a hotel close to the center this peak. I didnt do it but it crossed my mind.