Mr. Davis, BRING BACK THE DAMN TURKEYS!!!!

I know, 9.5. IF they would just take their lunch today, they could afford to buy one. But no, they choose to gripe.

I usually buy at least 10-15 whole birds, and 5-10 breasts each year. I guess I need to raise my own.

BTW, the cost of shipping/distribution, shrinkage, and the loss due to spoilage made the actual birds too $$. That is why the coupons. THen when all the wonderful drivers griped, they just said forgeabouit. So,let me get this right,it's the drivers' fault there are no turkeys?!!! Ahhh,that's right,IT'S ALWAYS THE DRIVERS FAULT!

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Maybe if they only got paid once a month........

When you get something weekly, you kinda forget about how special it is.

d

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is a symbol. A gesture of Thanks. If we had never had it, fine. But, to have it taken away for the almighty stock price, is very irritating. I don't think it has anything to do with the turkey, itself.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You know, the guy that invented it, should be praised. Who would have ever thought someone would find a use for old shoes and boots, much less something that people would eat.

Pour gravy over cardboard. It is better for you.

d

rod

Retired 22 years
I get a free turkey every year from a real estate friend. Apparently the real estate business is still doing better than the delivery business---at least around here it is.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My nearest grocery store just gives me one for spending so much money there. I did think it was a good gesture on the company's part to show a little appreciation to its employees once in a while. Its just not the same company it used to be.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I get a free turkey every year from a real estate friend. Apparently the real estate business is still doing better than the delivery business---at least around here it is.

Or the Real Estate people did not have their customers complaining about the measly turkeys or saying, "You can keep your turkeys, I don't want it."

As far as I can see, UPS gave everyone exactly what they expressed. It was only after the turkey was taken away that anybody even cared. Much ado about nothing to me ... now I'm going to go and eat my just desserts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
All the complaints about no turkeys......everyone should be given a live turkey.........that'll shut everybody up.....too much work!!

A

anonymous6

i used to give the turkey to a family who really needed it. that made me feel good.

now i give money to a local mission . they feed 20 people on thanksgiving on the money. that makes me feel even better.

upsman68

No offense guys, but it always amazes me how much people care about a $7 turkey....

You know its all about tradition. I used to take the turkey that was given to me by UPS and cook it every Christmas. My family and I would sit down at the dinner table and thank UPS for my job and the turkey.
It just seems to me the company is too cheap to give us the turkeys

over9five

Staff member
You know its all about tradition. I used to take the turkey that was given to me by UPS and cook it every Christmas. My family and I would sit down at the dinner table and thank UPS for my job and the turkey.
It just seems to me the company is too cheap to give us the turkeys

Tradition is gone. As Scratch said, it's not the same UPS. No turkeys, no safety awards. Who cares, we still get a great paycheck every week!