Mr. Smith Owns Washington

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Many years ago, Fred S began lobbying Washington, DC to relax the rules for "Express Carriers" which would allow him to operate larger aircraft in support of expanding Federal Express operations. He won that fight, which was a legitimate one, because the level of business exceeded the capacity of his Falcon fleet.

Since then, however, Fred S has gone on to OWN Washington DC...and that's wrong. This man has gotten so powerful that he basically buys whatever he wants at the Congress "supermarket". He makes the rules, because his wholly-owned political allies ensure that Fred gets whatever legislative assistance he needs to maintain the phony Ground model and perpetuate the union-free RLA scam at Express.

Smith even "owns" Obama, who got down on his knees and kissed Fred's ass with the "Great CEO" compliment awhile back. When a Democratic President fondles a GOP CEO like that, there is a major problem. Translation: Open season on labor, no union at Express, and the creation of lots of crap Ground jobs that make it look like Obama is engineering a wonderful economic recovery.

Even though Smith prefers to buy Republicans, he also owns his fair share of Democrats. You know, the party that's supposed to be "pro-worker", "pro-middle class", and "pro-union"? It's shameful that Smith almost always gets his way, and sickening that compliant politicians willingly do his bidding.

Nobody is getting in Smith's way because they are afraid of what he can do to them politically if they don't cooperate with the FedEx program. So far, Fred does whatever he wants, whenever he wants to, which is exactly the way he likes it.

Is that the way America is supposed to run?

vantexan

Many years ago, Fred S began lobbying Washington, DC to relax the rules for "Express Carriers" which would allow him to operate larger aircraft in support of expanding Federal Express operations. He won that fight, which was a legitimate one, because the level of business exceeded the capacity of his Falcon fleet.

Since then, however, Fred S has gone on to OWN Washington DC...and that's wrong. This man has gotten so powerful that he basically buys whatever he wants at the Congress "supermarket". He makes the rules, because his wholly-owned political allies ensure that Fred gets whatever legislative assistance he needs to maintain the phony Ground model and perpetuate the union-free RLA scam at Express.

Smith even "owns" Obama, who got down on his knees and kissed Fred's ass with the "Great CEO" compliment awhile back. When a Democratic President fondles a GOP CEO like that, there is a major problem. Translation: Open season on labor, no union at Express, and the creation of lots of crap Ground jobs that make it look like Obama is engineering a wonderful economic recovery.

Even though Smith prefers to buy Republicans, he also owns his fair share of Democrats. You know, the party that's supposed to be "pro-worker", "pro-middle class", and "pro-union"? It's shameful that Smith almost always gets his way, and sickening that compliant politicians willingly do his bidding.

Nobody is getting in Smith's way because they are afraid of what he can do to them politically if they don't cooperate with the FedEx program. So far, Fred does whatever he wants, whenever he wants to, which is exactly the way he likes it.

Is that the way America is supposed to run?

Gee, the President and family vacations on Martha's Vineyard and you think he's for the little guy? In all honesty has there ever been a President that has taken advantage of the perks of that office the way Obama has?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Gee, the President and family vacations on Martha's Vineyard and you think he's for the little guy? In all honesty has there ever been a President that has taken advantage of the perks of that office the way Obama has?

Yes...all of them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Please prove how BHO has abused this aspect of the office more than any other President? Oh, this has been a continuing accusation by FOX and the Right ever since Obama took office. Over and over. Any chance you got the idea from them? Nah...

vantexan

Please prove how BHO has abused this aspect of the office more than any other President? Oh, this has been a continuing accusation by FOX and the Right ever since Obama took office. Over and over. Any chance you got the idea from them? Nah...

Previous presidents went to Camp David to relax or spent time at their homes. Most trips on the taxpayers dime were official government business. Obama just took a trip to Africa, officially called a vacation, that cost the taxpayers $100 million. He and Michelle have taken separate flights to the same location such as Hawaii, each with their own staff and security detail. They once sent their dog on a separate plane. By the way Michelle has a staff that is far and away larger than any previous First Lady. That sort of thing. Maybe you like your President to play King. I don't.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Previous presidents went to Camp David to relax or spent time at their homes. Most trips on the taxpayers dime were official government business. Obama just took a trip to Africa, officially called a vacation, that cost the taxpayers $100 million. He and Michelle have taken separate flights to the same location such as Hawaii, each with their own staff and security detail. They once sent their dog on a separate plane. By the way Michelle has a staff that is far and away larger than any previous First Lady. That sort of thing. Maybe you like your President to play King. I don't.
We all know you "don't like your President" however, get your facts straight. During Bush’s second term alone, Laura Bush made five trips to Africa. President Bush made the trip twice during his presidency. From the lips of the former First Lady Bush: “Tomorrow, President Bush and I leave for what will be my fifth trip to Africa since 2001, and his second trip to Africa since 2001. In 2007, Laura Bush also took her daughters with her, and they went on a safari.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
Also, the $100 million was an "ESTIMATE" from how much the other President's trips to Africa cost. But for some odd reason, the GAO (General Accounting Office) records on the cost of the Bush family’s Africa travels seem to have vanished. The media has contacted the GAO, but no specific numbers have been provided yet. President Clinton’s Africa trip in 1998 cost taxpayers $42.8 million. So Mrs. Bush went FIVE TIMES, Bush TWICE. I'll let you do the math.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Also, the $100 million was an "ESTIMATE" from how much the other President's trips to Africa cost. But for some odd reason, the GAO (General Accounting Office) records on the cost of the Bush family’s Africa travels seem to have vanished. The media has contacted the GAO, but no specific numbers have been provided yet. President Clinton’s Africa trip in 1998 cost taxpayers $42.8 million. So Mrs. Bush went FIVE TIMES, Bush TWICE. I'll let you do the math.

But O'Reilly, Rush, and Hannity said it was TRUE!! They tell it like it is!! And Glenn Beck confirmed all of these figures on The Blaze!! Sorry, but The Right, The Tea Party, and most conservatives have their head firmly implanted up their ass. They really have a hard time with Obama, mainly because he's black, but also because he's better than anything they've got to offer. They just can't stomach it, so they whine and make-up stuff to try and make him look bad. Good luck in 2016 with Rand Paul, Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, or whatever other loser you decide to run against Hillary.

vantexan

Bush didn't just go over on vacation amigo. He's still treated like a hero in Africa for all he did for Africans, especially with HIV/AIDS. More than all other Presidents combined, including Obama.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Bush didn't just go over on vacation amigo. He's still treated like a hero in Africa for all he did for Africans, especially with HIV/AIDS. More than all other Presidents combined, including Obama.

Im sorry bro, you lost this one. Gotta know when to fold 'em, as they might say in Texas. I think that is a proper analogy that you would understand.

As a side note, he did do a lot for Africa, but in an unintentional way. Im referring to his unjust, decade long war in Iraq that killed thousands of our finest, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. That war probably drew lots of Taliban and jihadists out of North African muslim countries to fight in Iraq. So yes, you're right, he helped out Africa in the most indirect of ways.

Here is another analogy for you, since you live in Tejas, the death penalty capital of the USA. The kind of help you get from Bush is like the kind of help you get from the guy who shaves your ankles before you get strapped in to the electric chair.

(MFE, if you click "like" because you think my post is humorous or witty, give me some +rep. Mine is all negative for some reason ;) )

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Im sorry bro, you lost this one. Gotta know when to fold 'em, as they might say in Texas. I think that is a proper analogy that you would understand.

As a side note, he did do a lot for Africa, but in an unintentional way. Im referring to his unjust, decade long war in Iraq that killed thousands of our finest, and hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. That war probably drew lots of Taliban and jihadists out of North African muslim countries to fight in Iraq. So yes, you're right, he helped out Africa in the most indirect of ways.

Here is another analogy for you, since you live in Tejas, the death penalty capital of the USA. The kind of help you get from Bush is like the kind of help you get from the guy who shaves your ankles before you get strapped in to the electric chair.

(MFE, if you click "like" because you think my post is humorous or witty, give me some +rep. Mine is all negative for some reason ;) )

Done. You always are going to get +rep from me because I think you're a genius.

vantexan

First off I'm no longer living in Texas. Secondly I'm betting that Al-Qaeda killed many, many more innocent Iraqis than we did, which is why Iraqi leaders switched sides to us and helped drive out Al-Qaeda. Yes I know the Left hates the military, but try to get the lies straight. Bush was and is a hero in Africa because he provided medicine to help contain AIDS, in a big way. Y'all so want to demonize Bush you fail to see the good he did, or refuse to.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
First off I'm no longer living in Texas. Secondly I'm betting that Al-Qaeda killed many, many more innocent Iraqis than we did, which is why Iraqi leaders switched sides to us and helped drive out Al-Qaeda. Yes I know the Left hates the military, but try to get the lies straight. Bush was and is a hero in Africa because he provided medicine to help contain AIDS, in a big way. Y'all so want to demonize Bush you fail to see the good he did, or refuse to.

Dubya: Effing-up US relations with the world, destroying the US economy and those of most of the rest of the world, and starting useless wars that needlessly killed and maimed thousands, thereby ruining hundreds of thousands of lives. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

vantexan

Dubya: Effing-up US relations with the world, destroying the US economy and those of most of the rest of the world, and starting useless wars that needlessly killed and maimed thousands, thereby ruining hundreds of thousands of lives. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Name one major Democrat in Congress or the White House who didn't say Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and needed to comply with U.N. sanctions? The difference between them and Bush is they were playing politics while Bush actually went forward with it. Easy to play Monday morning quarterback, but the polls clearly showed public approval and support for Bush's policies and actions after 9/11. And if Gore had been President instead of Bush and hadn't taken us to war after 9/11 then he wouldn't have been reelected in 2004. Personally I think we should have kept it to Afghanistan as one could certainly make the argument that the main reason we went into Iraq was to gain control of their oil before they started selling it all to China. But Afghanistan harbored Bin Laden, and lest you forget hundreds died in bombings of two of our embassies in Africa plus the U.S.S. Cole lost lives in an attack during Clinton's tenure. Maybe if he had taken Bin Laden seriously we could have avoided 9/11. Be careful pointing fingers at any one group because there's plenty of blame to go around.

vantexan

Speaking of pointing fingers, when you start talking about destroying the economy, be sure to include the pressure Christopher Dodd and Barney Frank, Democrats, put on banks to make loans to those not creditworthy, which was at the root of the problem that lead to the collapse. Plenty of blame to go around, don't forget Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac too, which are now being considered for termination. Why? They backed most of those bad mortgages which made the entire system very vulnerable to collapse, which it did.

overflowed

Name one major Democrat in Congress or the White House who didn't say Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction and needed to comply with U.N. sanctions? The difference between them and Bush is they were playing politics while Bush actually went forward with it. Easy to play Monday morning quarterback, but the polls clearly showed public approval and support for Bush's policies and actions after 9/11. And if Gore had been President instead of Bush and hadn't taken us to war after 9/11 then he wouldn't have been reelected in 2004. Personally I think we should have kept it to Afghanistan as one could certainly make the argument that the main reason we went into Iraq was to gain control of their oil before they started selling it all to China. But Afghanistan harbored Bin Laden, and lest you forget hundreds died in bombings of two of our embassies in Africa plus the U.S.S. Cole lost lives in an attack during Clinton's tenure. Maybe if he had taken Bin Laden seriously we could have avoided 9/11. Be careful pointing fingers at any one group because there's plenty of blame to go around.

Have to agree with Gordo on this one.