Music for Old Hippies and Floridsys

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I love Modern Funk and this is my favorite band in that Genre ...
Greg Ormont is the lead singer and 2nd guitar ... his facial expressions are cool. I predict that one day he will bite the head off a microphone.
Jeremy Schon is the lead guitarist and he is gooood!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
This guy just reeks of rural South Georgia/Northern Florida.
I've seen him and his group several times ... last time was at Summer Camp south of Chicago last May.

Long version with storytelling for first 5 minutes ... the first time I saw him.

Short version with no storytelling - I saw him at Wanee in 2015

floridays

The smoker you drink the player you get!

I don't understand @Turdferguson's funny, maybe I'm not cool enough...... I'm not.

I was actually listening to the 36 minute Dead you offered. I will say I don't know much of their music, I can see why dead heads are stoners.

Really old man, the last I said was a partial joke, I'll finish it, like a good Fin.
Really good so far.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
a change in perspective
I get similar emotions listening to this song as I do when I listen to Grateful Dead's "Brown Eyed Women".

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I get similar emotions listening to this song as I do when I listen to Grateful Dead's "Brown Eyed Women".

Jerry is the ideal messenger for this kind of hardscrabble folklore, imbued with the “we will survive” sentiment embraced by The Dead and their fans.

1920 when he stepped to the bar
Drank to the dregs of the whiskey jar
1930 when the walls caved in
He made his way selling red-eyed gin

Tumble down shack in Big Foot County
Snowed so hard that the roof caved in
Delilah Jones went to meet her God
And the old man never was the same again

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Another by Blackberry Smoke with a little help from Chris Robinson (Black Crows)
This is one of their cultish hit songs ... their fans go crazy when they start this song.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I love Bluegrass and this guy and Doc Watson turned me on to Bluegrass back in the mid 70's.
If you owned LP records, this will resonate with ya.
A bit goofy but fun too!