Must Have A Heck of a Battery

Box Ox

The vehicle is designed to transport packages to other facilities...not deliver them , READ THE ARTICLE
🧔✊

OK, I did. Did you?

Article title:

"UPS reveals plan to buy hundreds of helicopter-like electric aircraft to buzz around cities delivering packages"​

Article:

"The shipping giant plans to add electric vertical take-off and land aircraft, or eVTOLs, to its fleet of delivery vehicles"​

rod

Retired 22 years
What friggin idiot came up with this pipe dream? Apparently they didn't do any research on where you can legally land a helicopter or even how low you are allowed to hover. There are rules dumb asses. @Old Man Jingles -- are these idiots some of your buddies up in the Ivory Tower coming up with these cockamammy ideas?

quad decade guy

ok....here we go...

These machines are as pie in the sky(pardon the pun) as driverless trucks or delivery drones.

First of all: pilotless? Not given how helicopters are very hands on.....i.e......Kobe Bryant....need to say more?

It's basically going to be a helicopter except electric.....no more no less.

Now.....think hard.......where do we have helicopters........anywhere in the fleet? Think hard.

Why would we need them now? I can only think of super dense metro/inner city use.

Same day delivery stuff at super premium rates.....

Last edited:

quad decade guy

I encourage anyone to look into "battery powered"(electric)aircraft. Real aircraft and their capabilities. Not futuristic mumbo jumbo concepts.

Now, consider that 1 hour charge time. Hell we get ripped for late departures for the on time feeder network. Btw, did you see how clean everything was especially the HeliHub?

This helicopter would cost $1,000's per hour in hourly costs. They do now and so would this.

New small Electric General Aviation Aircraft currently are no less expensive than ECE powered. Mof, probably more and generally electric much less capable range/payload.

Possible? Yes. Practical for UPS? No freaking way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I encourage anyone to look into "battery powered"(electric)aircraft. Real aircraft and their capabilities. Not futuristic mumbo jumbo concepts.

Now, consider that 1 hour charge time. Hell we get ripped for late departures for the on time feeder network. Btw, did you see how clean everything was especially the HeliHub?

This helicopter would cost $1,000's per hour in hourly costs. They do now and so would this.

New small Electric General Aviation Aircraft currently are no less expensive than ECE powered. Mof, probably more and generally electric much less capable range/payload.

Possible? Yes. Practical for UPS? No freaking way.
You are dealing with coal powered-save the planet, electric driven dreams of liberals. Don't try to interject logic or practicality.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Close down the freight division for not making a profit but will sink who knows how much into that. Anyone remember a few years back that drone built into the roofs of package cars? That went nowhere.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is the :censored2: we are spending money on. While my building spends thousands each week on 9.5’s because they won’t hire. Oh and let’s not forget all of the rentals on the lot because they won’t buy trucks. Freaking morons

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They dont have any extra space on the ramp for these things. And the red tape getting a charger installed would be ridiculous. You have to jump through so many hoops just to get lines repainted on the ramp. Takes years to get anything done

rustys954rr

200w.gif