My new life!!!!

Big Babooba

I don't know where he got France asking for help, either.
They were long occupied by the Germans, before the US even entered the war, and let the UK and Canada do the battle for France almost 3 years before the US even entered Europe !
Even with Lend-Lease the UK and Canada were doing a good job of losing that war. American blood that was spilt in Europe is the only reason that German isn't the primary language of France and Great Britain ( Canada too?).

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Even with Lend-Lease the UK and Canada were doing a good job of losing that war. American blood that was spilt in Europe is the only reason that German isn't the primary language of France and Great Britain ( Canada too?).
It was a team effort, American blood wasn't the only reason the Axis powers were defeated. The eastern front is where Germany was really bled white, if Hitler hadn't committed them to a two front war it's entirely possible that they could have fought the Allies to a stand still in the west.

UPSGUY72

Supe was wrong for discussing this with you, and you even more so for bringing it up with him. You're pretty opinionated on here and usually leaning to the negative with your opinions. I see you use a Cobra helo as your avatar. Did you serve? Does the phrase "Semper Fidelis" ring a bell?[/QUOTE

Yes I served I Flew Cobras (AH-1F C-Nite) in the U.S. Army I got accept to flight school during my senior year in high school would have been one of the youngest attack helicopter pilots ever but broke my jaw a week after I graduated so I had to wait 6 months.

If you don't like what I have to say that is your problem. I tell it as I see it. You must see the world through rose colored glasses, I don't.

DS

Fenderbender
It was a team effort, American blood wasn't the only reason the Axis powers were defeated. The eastern front is where Germany was really bled white, if Hitler hadn't committed them to a two front war it's entirely possible that they could have fought the Allies to a stand still in the west.
Russia played a huge role in the effort,although for them it was self preservation.
My dad was a sapper in France and Belgium,I'd like to think we all played a big part .

satellitedriver

Russia played a huge role in the effort,although for them it was self preservation.
My dad was a sapper in France and Belgium,I'd like to think we all played a big part .
It was a World War, each nation came into the fight in stages.
As to the French, one can still buy a French WWII rifle that was never fired and only dropped once.
Factoid;
52 million people in died WWII, 38 million were civilians.
Damn sobering fact about War.
DS is correct, we all payed a big part.
The one quote that has always stuck with me about the solidarity of WWII is;
"All gave some, some gave all."

We now sacrifice nothing, except our young and finest.
The sad fact, to me, is that all nations are presently under attack in a World war, by a small fanatical group, and there is no collective/ unified solidarity, to combat the clear and present threat.
This week, two Texan men will be buried with full military honors and I use to deliver to the family of one of them.
Now,
" Some gave/give all , and the rest of us just watch it on TV, or the internet."
Total disconnect
We get bored and flip the channel to see what is going on with "Weinergate", non-reality shows, ect.....
All I can do is send money to organizations that give some comfort to our troops.
Sorry for going off on a rant, but this is a subject near and dear to me.

washington57

Vietnam? I don't really want to write an essay explaining why we went to Vietnam but it basically boils down to the USA protecting it's investors against having to pay for labor instead of paying literally slave wages. It is pretty barbaric IMO.
Vietnam taught our govt a lot about public opinion. Why do you think we had so many clandestine operations in Latin America? We did the same things we did to Vietnam only this time we payed mercenaries to do it. (Nicaragua Contras, OPERATION MONGOOSE against Cuba)

If you are interested in some facts straight from the government go read the recently declassified documents the Pentagon released regarding the war and especially Kennedy and Reagan.

Sorry for the OT,

bluehdmc

We went to Vietnam for the benefit of Rice a Roni?

Part of the reason we went to Vietnam, (besides stopping the spread of communism, domino theory and all that), was we'd agreed to help France enforce a treaty, (Vietnam was once called French-Indochina).

paidover95

I would like to clear the air.Yes I was terminated like the gossip queen upsguy72 has stated.That day I took 2 extra stops for my supervisor because he wasnt going to make commits in his area.I misjudged the time by 1 minute.So I took it upon myself to scan the last stop at 1029 and drive 3/4 of a mile to the last stop.It was a signature req. pkg.Noone answered the door so I put the stop in at 1032 nI1.While I was soting my next section,the women came from behind her house(she was in her garden)and asked me if she could sign for the pkg.I had her sign,I put it in as duplicate stop,and went on my way.UPS has a report on airs sheeted 2 times from 10:15/10:45.I SHOWED UP ON IT.THEY FIRED ME.THE UNION GOT MY JOB BACK 1 WEEK LATER.I GAVE MY RESIGNATION AND WORKED THE LAST WEEK.I choose not to work there anymore.As for why this guy UPSGUY72 chooses to put my wifes personal info on BROWNCAFE is beyond me.But I take comfort knowing that he knows even if I dont work another day in my life I still have more than 2 times the $$$$ coming into my house than he does WORKING AT UPS. :-)
SINCERLY, PAIDOVER95

Last edited:

satellitedriver

I would like to clear the air.Yes I was terminated like the gossip queen upsguy72 has stated.That day I took 2 extra stops for my supervisor because he wasnt going to make commits in his area.I misjudged the time by 1 minute.So I took it upon myself to scan the last stop at 1029 and drive 3/4 of a mile to the last stop.It was a signature req. pkg.Noone answered the door so I put the stop in at 1032 nI1.While I was soting my next section,the women came from behind her house(she was in her garden)and asked me if she could sign for the pkg.I had her sign,I put it in as duplicate stop,and went on my way.UPS has a report on airs sheeted 2 times from 10:15/10:45.I SHOWED UP ON IT.THEY FIRED ME.THE UNION GOT MY JOB BACK 1 WEEK LATER.I GAVE MY RESIGNATION AND WORKED THE LAST WEEK.I choose not to work there anymore.As for why this guy UPSGUY72 chooses to put my wifes personal info on BROWNCAFE is beyond me.But I take comfort knowing that he knows even if I dont work another day in my life I still have more than 2 times the $$$$ coming into my house than he does WORKING AT UPS. :-)
SINCERLY, PAIDOVER95

No 23yr driver I have known would have been terminated for this offense.
There has to more in your work history, and to this story.
Good thing you have a "supportive" wife.
I just don't get the anger you spew.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The French Army issues underarm sunblock to it's soldiers.

Q: Have you seen the French army version of a Swiss Army knife?
A: It has 6 corkscrews and a white flag.

Q: How many French soldiers does it take to liberate Paris?
A: Nobody knows, it has never happened.

soberups

True, but only for a few more months at the very most. Had Germany not surrendered in May of 1945, then by August of that same year we would have dropped our first operational atomic bomb on Berlin instead of Hiroshima and the outcome of the war would have been the same.

soberups

......So I took it upon myself to scan the last stop at 1029 and drive 3/4 of a mile to the last stop.....

....And at that point you committed a proveable act of dishonesty and the company had every right to terminate your employment.

Its great that you are able to retire and I truly wish you the best in your new life. But your actions in this particular event were an example of what not to do.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
....And at that point you committed a proveable act of dishonesty and the company had every right to terminate your employment.Its great that you are able to retire and I truly wish you the best in your new life. But your actions in this particular event were an example of what not to do.
Why would someone do this....they tried to help out a sup(mistake number 1)...if its late it's late....you tried but why cover it up. This was standard operating procedure years ago and sups would tell you to do it....but why now. Trying to show loyalty to people who don't give a rats :censored2: about you or I....it sucks to have to say that, but it's true 99% of the time.