MY UPS Truck Got booted NYC

UPSEric1

ups boot nyc.jpg
Yo,

You ever seen a UPS Truck getting booted. Like wtf, UPS don't like paying parking ticket for brand new 2018 1300 truck. I guess the 9.5 isn't working for everyone.

Star B

White Lightening
Yeah, whatever. No lock covering the bolt. Would not have been ever put on by a parking nazi as it's removed by anyone. Nice plant there buddy.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What a lot of big cities do to us is little more than legalized extortion in terms of parking tickets.
Portland, Oregon is a good example. There was an article in the Oregonian last year about the “ten worst parking scofflaws in the downtown area” and 3 of the top 10 were specific UPS package cars with downtown routes.
Portland encourages high density housing like condos, for people who dont own cars and use bikes or mass transit and do their shopping online instead of driving to the mall.
That is great, but the trucks that deliver the goods they order still have to park somewhere. And instead of providing an adequate number of loading zones, the city creates a deliberate parking shortage and then uses carriers like UPS as an additional form of revenue by extorting parking ticket money out of us...in some cases up to $10K per year.

oldngray

nowhere special
What a lot of big cities do to us is little more than legalized extortion in terms of parking tickets.
Portland, Oregon is a good example. There was an article in the Oregonian last year about the “ten worst parking scofflaws in the downtown area” and 3 of the top 10 were specific UPS package cars with downtown routes.
Portland encourages high density housing like condos, for people who dont own cars and use bikes or mass transit and do their shopping online instead of driving to the mall.
That is great, but the trucks that deliver the goods they order still have to park somewhere. And instead of providing an adequate number of loading zones, the city creates a deliberate parking shortage and then uses carriers like UPS as an additional form of revenue by extorting parking ticket money out of us...in some cases up to $10K per year.
UPS just pays a fixed extortion fee instead of paying for tickets one at a time in some cities.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When I first started in 1988, when a particular package car had racked up a certain number of parking tickets, instead of paying them
the company would simply pull the old switcheroo and transfer it to a different location so that it wouldnt get booted.
A lot of our old P-600’s wound up getting crushed in the junkyard with thousands of dollars in parking tickets owed on them that were never paid.
Now the city and UPS sit down every year and negotiate a settlement for all the parking fines.

UPSEric1

I gotten more than one ticket on my dashboard. NYPD will hand write the ticket and 10 seconds later traffic agent will get me one as well. So all day I will get 5-6 tickets.