Need Advice from part time supervisor on belts. Shoud I become a PT sup?

Puggy

hahahah everyone went off the subject AND I LOVE blue moon beer WAHAHHAHAH. But yeah I do want more money lol but i also WOULD love to be a driver OKAY SINCE THIS IS already off topic HOW DO most driver know their way around LIKE there aren't no gps on that truck and the routes sometimes change for the drivers HOW DO YOU DO IT lol

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When you do the same route every day everything is second nature. If you asked a driver about an address on their route the could describe the house and tell you the name of their dog.

Hi
I work at a Hub as a Preloader. So I'm good at throwing boxes but it feels like a dead end, I want to be a driver but that comes later anyway my question is ... I have already applied for a PT sup but is it worth it? The job is fairly simple help load, maintain your belt and hope your other coworkers that you supervise aren't :censored2:s besides that paper work. Please anyone that has good advice . I want more money also and I also want to know what's good in the Long run not short term. THANKS TO anyone that responds
If you do it you will change the world.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
Most PTers are not eligible for the job due to tickets, medical, etc. Those that are do not want the job because they are lazy or smart. This is forcing many buildings to hire from the outside, which leaves you a great opportunity to be promoted within the ranks of management as a ft driver.

PT Car Washer

Most PTers are not eligible for the job due to tickets, medical, etc. Those that are do not want the job because they are lazy or smart. This is forcing many buildings to hire from the outside, which leaves you a great opportunity to be promoted within the ranks of management as a ft driver.
And you think that a PT sup who could not cut it as an hourly would want to be a driver?

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
And you think that a PT sup who could not cut it as an hourly would want to be a driver?
OP said he is good at his job and wants to be a driver. He is not a sup yet, but wants to be. If he becomes a sup, his chances of becoming a driver are about the same due to the reasons listed above.

PT Car Washer

OP said he is good at his job and wants to be a driver. He is not a sup yet, but wants to be. If he becomes a sup, his chances of becoming a driver are about the same due to the reasons listed above.
I bet it has been 10 years or longer since the last time I saw a PT sup go FT driving. Used to be fairly common.

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
I bet it has been 10 years or longer since the last time I saw a PT sup go FT driving. Used to be fairly common.
We had 3 in the last 2 years, and I've seen a few more at other centers in our building, if pters don't want to go driver pt sups will jump at it.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rawrzxor

If you're going to school and plan to get a better job unrelated to UPS, go ahead and become a sup. They get an extra 5,000 in tuition reimbursement. But, it's much, much, much harder for sups to get a driving position. Everyone will hate you, but that's besides the point. You can also climb up the useless-:censored2: ladder and potentially make a lot more than drivers do (after a lifetime, prolly). Hell, you could even become the greatest :censored2:bag of them all.

If you want a driving position, learn how to drive a standard if you don't know already, then sign up for cover driving or Saturday air driving. It'll take something like 4-5 years, probably, maybe less, maybe more, but you'll be offered a full time position.

You will also not be protected by the union if you become a sup, obviously, because you become the enemy.