Negative comments by a fellow employee - how to handle situation

Observer

Have a friend who is being harassed by a younger guy who continually calls him the "old guy". I pointed this out to my friend that this is age discrimination and is an amendment to the Civil Rights act of 1964. My friend can report it to EEOC. When it is a fellow employee would you go to the full time management, HR, call the 800 #. So far, my friend has not said anything to this individual. These two individuals are two different races. I know you cannot file a grievance against another co-worker so what solutions do you offer? DO NOT SAY CALL JENNY. This is not funny. Thanks for any positive feedback. In this hub there have been a lot of fights recently with this kind of stuff going on. Management has been lax about getting involved.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Have a friend who is being harassed by a younger guy who continually calls him the "old guy". I pointed this out to my friend that this is age discrimination and is an amendment to the Civil Rights act of 1964. My friend can report it to EEOC. When it is a fellow employee would you go to the full time management, HR, call the 800 #. So far, my friend has not said anything to this individual. These two individuals are two different races. I know you cannot file a grievance against another co-worker so what solutions do you offer? DO NOT SAY CALL JENNY. This is not funny. Thanks for any positive feedback. In this hub there have been a lot of fights recently with this kind of stuff going on. Management has been lax about getting involved.
Call the cops.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Is there more to the story? What do their ethnicities have to do with this?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
When they call me "old guy", I view it as a compliment. I'm close to getting out of here, they got 30 more years....
I wouldn’t mind being called an “old guy” at this job. 9 out of 10 “old guys” I know do this job the way it’s supposed to be done, and are a wealth of knowledge. It’s the “young guys” that get injured, have accidents, rack up DFUs...

Indecisi0n

How young is this guy? and does he workout?

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Can be kicked out of the union for snitching on a Teamster. I'm getting old and dgaf because my selective hearing and capacity to ignore idiots has gotten better with age.
Quit being a butthurt snowflake.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
@Future and @Gumby are older then dirt

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Can be kicked out of the union for snitching on a Teamster. I'm getting old and dgaf because my selective hearing and capacity to ignore idiots has gotten better with age.
Quit being a butthurt snowflake.
That is incorrect and also a foolish position.
Triggered you though!

FELLOW WORKER, YOU WILL NOW TAKE AN OBLIGATION THAT WILL BIND YOU TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION, AND THAT WILL IN NO WAY CONFLICT WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEF OR YOUR DUTIES AS A CITIZEN:

I, (GIVE NAME) , PLEDGE MY HONOR TO FAITHFULLY OBSERVE THE CONSTITUTION AND THE LAWS OF THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THE BY-LAWS AND LAWS OF THIS LOCAL UNION.

I PLEDGE THAT I WILL COMPLY WITH ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE GOVERNMENT OF THE INTERNATIONAL UNION AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

I WILL FAITHFULLY PERFORM ALL THE DUTIES ASSIGNED TO ME TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND SKILL.

I WILL CONDUCT MYSELF AT ALL TIMES IN A MANNER AS NOT TO BRING REPROACH UPON MY UNION.

I SHALL TAKE AN AFFIRMATIVE PART IN THE BUSINESS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE UNION AND ACCEPT AND DISCHARGE MY RESPONSIBILITIES DURING ANY AUTHORIZED STRIKE OR LOCKOUT.

I PLEDGE NOT TO DIVULGE TO NON-MEMBERS THE PRIVATE BUSINESS OF THIS LOCAL UNION, UNLESS AUTHORIZED TO REVEAL SAME.

I WILL NEVER KNOWINGLY HARM A FELLOW MEMBER.

I WILL NEVER DISCRIMINATE AGAINST A FELLOW WORKER ON ACCOUNT OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, PHYSICAL DISABILITY, OR NATURAL ORIGIN.

I WILL REFRAIN FROM ANY CONDUCT THAT WOULD INTERFERE WITH THE UNION’S PERFORMANCE OF ITS LEGAL OR CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS.

I WILL AT ALL TIMES BEAR TRUE AND FAITHFUL ALLEGIANCE TO THE INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF TEAMSTERS AND THIS LOCAL UNION.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Fyi calling someone "old guy" isnt discrimination if it isnt management doing it.
Dediol wasn’t able to prove the hostile remarks were related to any employment action, and neither can your friend. I would advise your friend to learn to ignore co workers.

DISCRIMINATION

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

Calling someone old guy doesn't meet the bar.

Future

Victory Ride
Call the cops.
682767F7-A624-41F4-A80C-B6196F5DA8CD.gif
F34A9EFF-B601-46C1-A040-9AB3446A0B86.gif

I am on it!

CoffeeStainedUniform

My suggestion is you let the 'old guy' handle it. Not only is it none of your business but also, being older, he's probably got more life experience and wisdom to handle the situation. If he ASKS you to help, tell him he can contact HR about the situation.