Negative Press

O

ok2bclever

Well, that was a scattered sporadic response, you hitting the sauce (or whatever) heavy during the weekend, monte?
biggrin.gif

Here's the deal, it doesn't matter how many bi-annual rags fedex finds to get it called the most admired "group of businesses pretending to be just one" by thirty investment counselors that couldn't get a real job.

UPS is still number one.

All that money we have in the bank from business profit makes that pretty plain.

Where you guys fit as far as third, fourth, whatever is a "who cares" for those of us with the UPS.

Just watched CNN Headline News, hmmm not a word, wait, there it is "monte still worried about UPS being number one", whoops, no that wasn't what you were talking about.

Actually, it was, wasn't it, brown envy.

Playing with the moniker, jeeze, that's a sure give away that your upset with the simple fact that I keep calling you what you are, envious.

I am so sorry, fedex ain't a bad company to work for if you can't work for the real delivery company.

Hmmm, that probably didn't help as much as I meant it to, oh well, knock back another one, perhaps that will help.

"every day package that must have fallen off the truck", funny you should mention that technique.

We have gotten a couple of big shippers back here in the last year from fedex doing exactly that, trailing their former customer's packages like bread crums down the road and expressway.
biggrin.gif

T

traveler

monte,

Everything fades with time... even the fact that FedEx employees were caught after they stole the Oscars some time back!

Now to comparisons, a good company is not always a good stock and vice-versa. That is just a fact of the market that anyone seriously in the market will gladly tell you. Perception counts more than results out there.

Now to ranking:

USPS - 2004 revenue - $69.0 billion, 2003 - $68.7 billion, 2002 - $66.5 billion (They refuse to break out the revenue for the package portion)

UPS - 2004 revenue - $36.6 billion, 2003 - $33.5 billion, 2002 - $31.3 billion

DHL - 2004 revenue - 24.5 billion (euros), 2003 (over) $25 billion, I didn't find 2002 revenue anywhere for DHL.

FedEx - 2004 revenue - $24.7 billion, 2003 - $22.5 billion, 2002 - $20.6 billion

<font color="ff0000">Do the math, FedEx in 4th place! (congrats ok2! Who said you made that up?)</font>

O

ok2bclever

Traveler,

Actually he didn't say I made that up (although most probably implied that) as he actually asked me if it was opinion or fact.

Fairly clever wording on monte's part to try to discredit it, without actually denying it.

Ummm, what about the Slovobia post office?
biggrin.gif

I just perused all the major players headline topics from the AP, Reuters, US World News, Washing ton Post, etc. etc.

Only the monte gazette had anything about the loss.

T

traveler

<font color="ff6000">Slovobia? Surely you mean Elbonia! The post office there is quietly buying up all the old UPS vehicles. Yes, yes, I know they are all crushed but what vehicle that is out there can hold more than a truck with no top??? (They will be known as P-unlimiteds) Dare I give up any more of the plan? No, no, I would be ducked in the mud repeatedly and be thown to the leaches. More to come as the plan matures...</font><font color="0000ff">

We will have a completely new color scheme too.</font>

I will be going into hiding
anonymous.gif
to avoid penalties.

pimp.gif

I

ironylife

I like the one about a year ago where the son worked for fedex and both him and his father were stealing chips from intel, it was over a few million dollars worth taken....there was talk of jail time.

M

montecarlo11

hahahaha....fortune wasnt comparing stock head to head with del companies guys. even though fedex is number 1 there to...lets try this again for the third time for you slower people....fedex was rated number 1 again matching all delivery companies by service..SERVICE!!! SERVICE seerrrrviccce.

we all cant dispute who has the best stock, we all can look at that each day. Fortune Magazine compared UPS, FEDEX, and many others in all different categories in the shipping industry and FEDEX came out number uno again!! yahhooo!
worldwide would like to see facts kids not make believe stuff kids

M

montecarlo11

wow,,,,nothing to bring to the table and no one can answer any questions that have been asked about UPS scans or procedures, so we go to the UPS spin zone and start flinging stories around... I guess if you cant back up your own claims, that would be the easy way out....figures

M

montecarlo11

traveler,
check your facts on the Oscars, since no one elese will correct you on that, the Oscars were taken by ROADWAY a few years ago. nice try though

M

montecarlo11

your saying you cant find any headlines about the lost Citi pkg?? I can pull up three from Friday aloan...there is nothing in there from Reuters? CNBC?? FOX NEWS?? etc etc etc...check 1 more time

M

montecarlo11

traveler, for you.

Oscar awards apparently stolen

Latest news

Photo Gallery

The winners

Movie Clips

Test your Oscar I.Q.

Vote: Best dressed

Vote: Worst dressed

Vote: Best couple

Message board

Sounds of Oscar

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) It's Hollywood's latest caper: Who took the Oscars? Nine days before the Academy Awards, police today searched for 55 of the coveted statuettes that vanished from a trucking company loading dock.

The Roadway Express trucking firm told the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on March 10 the Oscars were believed stolen from a dock in the city of Bell, academy executive director Bruce Davis said. Roadway has posted a $50,000 reward for their return. The Chicago manufacturer of the statuettes, meanwhile, was making replacements on overtime, and they will be flown in next week. Davis wouldn't give an arrival date.

"We're going to be a little coy about that just in case there's an Oscar gang out there," he said.

In addition to the Los Angeles and Bell police departments, FBI art-theft experts were investigating. Davis assured nominees there will be enough Oscars on March 26.

"It is not the end of the Oscar show," Davis said.

Earlier this month, sacks containing 4,000 ballots were misrouted after delivery to the Beverly Hills Post Office by an accounting firm. The academy was forced to print and mail new ones. The deadline for returning the ballots was extended from March 21 to March 23, just three days before the awards show.

"Three weeks ago we were kind of tiptoeing around saying, 'Things are going awfully smooth. Something's going to happen,' " Davis said. "It's been a strange year."

Asked during a news conference if the heist might be a hoax to stir interest in the presentations, Davis responded: "It is not a publicity stunt. There isn't much of a dearth of academy publicity this time of year."

Roadway officials declined comment. Scott Siegel, head of R.S. Owens Co., the Chicago company that makes the Oscars, said he learned Monday that the entire shipment of 55 statuettes had vanished.

"They were packed in cartons and there was no ID to indicate they were anything special, Siegel said today. The academy has about 20 in storage. Owens employees will have to work overtime for the company to make 35 in time for the ceremony, he said. The academy said the shipment of Oscars, packed in 10 cases and weighing about 500 pounds, has a value of about $18,000.

Siegel, who noted the shipment was insured, declined to say how much an Oscar costs. The Los Angeles Police Department was called in to investigate, but Officer Jason Lee said it was unclear exactly why. The theft allegedly occurred at a Roadway dock in Bell, but police there claimed they didn't know about a theft. Each Oscar is 13 inches tall, is covered with gold-plated britannium and weighs about 8 pounds.

T

traveler

<font size="+1">Oops!</font>
blush2.gif

I really thought it was RPS before they were rebranded. Bears some more looking into on my part.

I think I'll take a little trip. Heading to Tahiti on Monday for a couple of weeks. Enjoy the debate while I'm gone.

icon45.gif

M

montecarlo11

traveler,
no problem, have a safe trip. hope you get great weather while your there

O

ok2bclever

monte,

You really need to ease back on whatever you are imbibing.

You do realize this is Saturday don't you?

All you could find was yesterday's news, which just proves my point.

Nice, thanks.

RPS, I need your playbook, is that the recolored ground fedex or the recolored home delivery fedex, the only one I can truly eliminate was the purple overnight guys.

Gee, maybe you could get Home Woodworking to run a poll as well and get your home delivery company voted number one delivery company with the word "home" in it.

That would prove about as much as a couple of guys at the Fortune magazine naming the number four company, number one.

I noticed you didn't dispute the revenue numbers Traveler stated.

Did you notice despite all your wonderful "facts" listing the tens of people who think fedex is number one that each of the last three years the spread between us continues to grow?

10.7 billion more than fedex in 2002
11.0 billion more than fedex in 2003
11.9 billion more than fedex in 2004

That trend has to be worrisome regarding the long term viability to a debt ridden company that needs to be growing after buying up RPS and all the expansion costs of Kinkos and whatever.

Cheer up, even if fedex goes under some day you can still come to the brown cafe and quote old magazine polls.

"aloan", figures a fedex guy would spell it that way.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

M

montecarlo11

I see your point, because Fortune named fedex number one it is all just a big scam like the citi package that was shipped by UPS but ended up in the Fedex truck. I understand now....and to think my poor spelling made me look dumb!! wow. read your post again.

like i said before, if it was Fedex who lost the package would you be looking for excuses on our behalf?? how about if Fortune was to see that UPS is doing a better job than FEDEX and ranked you number one, would that make it true? seems to me that you have a hard time understanding, or its easier to put your spin on things. i enjoy the way you choose not to answer anything you cant put a spin on. remember, when fortune is doing there research, there going by facts aloan. there not looking to make one company look better than the other, the facts show us that bro!

I

ironylife

Im still waiting for an answer for yellow roadway, and overnite/motor cargo???Am I ever going to get one mister???

O

ok2bclever

You of course, can read into what I write whatever pleases your little heart, but I didn't say the citi package was with fedex.

Just that it could not be ruled out.

I have stated if all there is a manifest scan then the package could be anywhere under the sun as a manifest scan only proves that Citi printed a label and that is all it proves.

That is a simple fact.

Of course, it could be somewhere in UPS, not scanned since as we are obviously not as good at scanning as the fedex drivers who never make pickup mistakes according to you with their superior technology and procedures.
crazy.gif

If it is somewhere in UPS the most likely scenario is the label was destroyed (majorly defaced or came off) and the package is sitting somewhere in the overgoods system.

The overgoods system needs a revamping of the computer filing system, and that is a certain fact.

Sorry if "aloan" made you feel dumb, I don't normally comment on spelling errors.

Just thought it was a LOL ironic misspelling, considering the source.

As far as Fortune or Home Woodworking, etc. we've been named number one lots of times for lots of reasons over the years and will be again, but it's never revved me up as it means nothing.

I can understand how important it would be to a fourth place company man filled with brown envy, so congratulations, you go guy! I'm happy for you, cut the article out and paste it over the mantle.
thumbsup.gif

P

proups

Everybody is overlooking the fact that this was a manifest pickup. The UPS driver counted the packages that day, the number matched the manifest, he/she scanned the manifest, loaded the packages, and took them back to the UPS building.

There was never another scan.

I think, and this is my personal opinion, that this particular package was taken by a Citigroup employee who knew what it contained. He/She replaced that particular box with another box to make the manifest count correct.

Citigroup put out the press release saying they followed UPS procedures. UPS never said anything except we can't find the package.

With all of the physical scans that go on once those packages reach our buildings, I think that particular package never got into our system.

Let's see what the FBI finds.....

(Message edited by proups on June 12, 2005)

R

rushfan

How about the time fredex lost the entrance exams for the ivy league school that made headlines. Well the point is we all screw up. I will back ups 100% but i'm sure as hell not going to live my live trying to piss off upsers. I have better things to do.

M

montecarlo11

rushfan, fedex didnt lost the exams for any ivy leauge school bro. the driver didnt get there in time and the shipper didnt wait. the problem was there was a deadline for the exams. yea there are things we dont have control over such as traffic.maybe the shipper should have waited because of the importance of the exams?? Fedex did take responsibility for being late, think fedex did something pretty cool to make up for there mishap. (we didnt loose anything there bro!) look it up

M

montecarlo11

ok2bclever,
i dont mind the spelling jokes, im also not going correct others mistakes. Im more interested in fact sharing and getting information to back it up. You seem to be the one who gets flustered and has to result to the "brown envy" and "number 4" baloney.
How about some substance, facts, and even better the info to support your theory. I tell you what, ill reread my post and check for spelling errors if you promise to bring something to the table other than fantasy. I put a third party who was rating all delivery companies fairly head to head, and because it wasnt UPS on top, it doesnt mean anything. I guess you are intitled to your opinion but the facts are, we are getting it done!
raspberry.gif