negotiations?

browned_out

You think that's what people will be looking at? A few bucks a day? Much more than that. Let me ask you this. When you guys address your supplement, it goes from the local to the international, then they address everything (in your supplement) during bargaining, do you think your going to just vote no (on your supplement) again? If you do, you might want to look over the bylaws once more...

Are you covered by CS for healthcare? As for my response, I was answering your buddy. You know, the guy with all the one liners.

Ain't happening. The people who want the no vote can wait and wait to vote again. The longer people wait for their raise the more people will want to vote and vote to pass this mother.
Not when they will know they will get a big pay check at the end of this. It's the company that will sweat this one.

UPSGUY72

They may want their money, but not at the cost of Teamcare.

Like I said before your they are going to a Union health plan. They should put there energy into making the plan better not trying to not go on the plan because in the end they are going on the plan one way or another.

UPSGUY72

Ahh Stink. Please no more threats or scare tatics okay? You're not going to scare anybody into voting yes.

UPS couldn't change the health care plan anytime they want. Once it would be negoiated that would be it. Again enough with the scare tactics.

You want to address the issue then let's.

You want me to accept a union run plan? Okay, here's what I want. I want it to be the same coverage I have now with my UPS plan. At the same cost I have now.
With a promise of not one red cent of the 3.90 in raises diverted to health and welfare or pension costs the life of this contract. With EVERYBODY nationwide
getting the same thing. See, unlike some people on this board who just want to shove bad health care down my throat so they get their's I want to see EVERYBODY
get a great health care plan.

Well here in New England we voted are supplement and National in so we are all set. Like I said we have some of the best health coverage you can get and don't pay a penny. Why don't the local in other areas that are going from a UPS to union run plan research what other UPS teamster health plan provide and request the same type of coverage.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
This may surprise you but I am covered by a Teamster. health care and I have zero complaints about the coverage.

https://www.excellusbcbs.com/wps/portal/xl

I also have the Teamsters insurance. It is very good. Master is voted in. There will be no change. It will be the Teamster coverage. The supplements are totally different. If every one voted down the master. Then we could talk teamcare. 294 was voted down. BA came Friday and said"all language is reverting back to this contract language". Having a meeting at local next wk end. He said we will be voting by the end of the month.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Well here in New England we voted are supplement and National in so we are all set. Like I said we have some of the best health coverage you can get and don't pay a penny. Why don't the local in other areas that are going from a UPS to union run plan research what other UPS teamster health plan provide and request the same type of coverage.

CAUSE ITS NOT "THE SAME TYPE OF COVERAGE"....

How would YOU know what "WE" have in the west ? and further, how can YOU compare what you have to ours without knowing how much less you are getting and how much MORE comes out of your pocket than ours?

Peace

TOS

We don't have it as good as you. Your cost of living is less then local 177 (mine) and the west. So when they negotiated are healthcare contributions, it wasn't enough to cover a model plan like yours. One of the health company's my local looked at was the one you are in. It didn't work well. I want to be in a teamster healthcare plan. just not CS. It would be nice to be in a company plan but I even knew with a vote down on the master it would be a up hill battle. Do you see, we just needed your vote to buy us some time to get more contributions to get in a good plan. So thanks for your vote. Way to set your self up for the next one.

Inthegame

CAUSE ITS NOT "THE SAME TYPE OF COVERAGE"....

How would YOU know what "WE" have in the west ? and further, how can YOU compare what you have to ours without knowing how much less you are getting and how much MORE comes out of your pocket than ours?

Peace

TOS
Do you even read these posts before commenting?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I also have the Teamsters insurance. It is very good. Master is voted in. There will be no change. It will be the Teamster coverage. The supplements are totally different. If every one voted down the master. Then we could talk teamcare. 294 was voted down. BA came Friday and said"all language is reverting back to this contract language". Having a meeting at local next wk end. He said we will be voting by the end of the month.

I was visiting my daughter and son-in-law on the 4th (they live in Delmar) and we went to a place called The Crossings in Colonie to take the dog for a walk. That place is beautiful but the reason I brought it up is that there is a granite marker which listed all of the major donors and Local 294 was among them.

Have you ever been there? If not I think you would really enjoy it.

IzzyTheNose

You can joke all you want but a lot of our brothers and sisters are going to want their money. Watch.

Are these the same brothers and sisters that couldn't be bothered to vote the first time? You do realize that that extra $0.70 translates to about an extra $60 a month (for someone averaging 20 hours) before taxes, don't you?

This isn't an astronomical amount.

The people that voted "No", are dug in, and aren't going to budge. All those that didn't vote the first time, aren't going to come out in droves to vote the SAME contract through, because they simply do not care enough about their future at UPS. No one can argue this.

And once these same people learn that they'll be receiving a retroactive check dating back to Aug. 1st (assuming the contract isn't ironed out before then), any incentive to come out and vote this time, will have vanished completely.

oldupsman

You want me to accept a union run plan? Okay, here's what I want. I want it to be the same coverage I have now with my UPS plan. At the same cost I have now.
With a promise of not one red cent of the 3.90 in raises diverted to health and welfare or pension costs the life of this contract. With EVERYBODY nationwide
getting the same thing. See, unlike some people on this board who just want to shove bad health care down my throat so they get their's I want to see EVERYBODY
get a great health care plan.

The people who want me to accept CS H&W don't seem to want to comment on this. Are these unreasonable requests?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I was visiting my daughter and son-in-law on the 4th (they live in Delmar) and we went to a place. called The Crossings in Colonie to take the dog for a walk. That place is beautiful but the reason I brought it up is that there is a granite marker which listed all of the major donors and Local 294 was among them.

Have you ever been there? If not I think you would really enjoy it.
And yes I have;-)