negotiations?

kingOFchester

Yup. That's me. How did you figure it out? After that I worked with the Nazis. Yet more proof that you offer little to nothing of substance.

Let me know when you are ready to debate.

Yup. That's me. How did you figure it out? After that I worked with the Nazis. Yet more proof that you offer little to nothing of substance.

Let me know when you are ready to debate.
He offers no substance because he won't tell you what you want to hear. That's a good quality in a steward. Actually he's one of the most intelligent and informative posters on the brown cafe. He knows more than a little probably because he has connections within the union that 99% of the posters don't have. Inthegame comes to mind also. These two are connected and know but nobody wants to hear the truth.

kingOFchester

He offers no substance because he won't tell you what you want to hear. That's a good quality in a steward. Actually he's one of the most intelligent and informative posters on the brown cafe. He knows more than a little probably because he has connections within the union that 99% of the posters don't have. Inthegame comes to mind also. These two are connected and know but nobody wants to hear the truth.

Let me hear some facts. I am listening. Why the need to take healthcare? Why not stronger language to discourage UPS from working those who don't want to work 10-11 hours. The way it reads UPS will do what they been doing and just pay. It isn't about the money, its about not wanting to work 55 hours a week. How about wording in the contract that allows UPS to take drivers off the road for safety violations. MY center manager has already stated he can and will take drivers off the road for safety violation. Such as not looking left right left, or driveways, count 1 2 3, space cushion. You could say just follow the rules and you will be OK, but the reality of it we are required to apply the 10 points, and five seeing habits for 10-11 hours a day, and we are all human....very easy to make a mistake. A mistake that could get you pulled off the road.

Just a couple of issues I have.

Also, I understand some things are a "need to know basis". But you can't blame those of us not in the need to know pipeline for feeling the way we do when we do not have the information that others claim to have. It would almost be like a President elect stating he will raise my taxes but can't tell you why. I am not saying their isn't a good reason to give my healthcare back, just saying I have not been told why. I look at the financial state of UPS, I look at other options that UPS/Union could of applied to save money. Heck, I have even stated I would be willing to pay a portion of my healthcare to keep what I got. Like I said, I would rather pay for what I know, then to get something for free that I do not know.

Calling me selfish serves no purpose. Stating that I don't see the big picture but yet admit that I don't have knowledge of the reasons is crazy. How do I see the big picture when I am not given the whole picture to see?

Perhaps if UPS and the Union saw the big picture, they would see that if they bit the bullet, worked together and make UPS a "happy place" during a contract and then worked together to get Fedex organized, things would look better for the future. Problem is the stock. Shareholders would not be willing to swallow a pill for the future. I understand that. But could you imagine how much easier it would be to organize Fedex if we gave the impression that UPS and the Union can and are working in harmony? Hall and Davis standing together to push for the organization of Fedex. A place where we work together. Be a lot easier to organize then what you have now, disgruntled rank and file.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Wow, an endorsement from another "wannabe" union steward. The both of you have been wrong on almost every issue relating to this contract. YOU two said on this board that this contract would "pass" with flying colors, and you were both wrong.

Stink is about as connected to Union politics and Union negotiations about as much as you are connected to Scott Davis golfing foursome.

Stink works at a small local with less than 600 members. He and his leadership hardly represent a voice in the Teamsters Hirarchy.

Cleveland? Please.

As The King says... try some facts. This whole contract , STINK has been called out by many members for FACTS, and those seem to escape him. He has all the rhetoric down that he hears and repeats from his business agent, but thats all he can offer along with his speculations.

He spends hours on this board, as you do, typing nonsense and opinion without a single fact to back it up.

Do yourself a favor and dont go down with his ship.

Peace

TOS

stink219

Wow, an endorsement from another "wannabe" union steward. The both of you have been wrong on almost every issue relating to this contract. YOU two said on this board that this contract would "pass" with flying colors, and you were both wrong.

Stink is about as connected to Union politics and Union negotiations about as much as you are connected to Scott Davis golfing foursome.

Stink works at a small local with less than 600 members. He and his leadership hardly represent a voice in the Teamsters Hirarchy.

Cleveland? Please.

As The King says... try some facts. This whole contract , STINK has been called out by many members for FACTS, and those seem to escape him. He has all the rhetoric down that he hears and repeats from his business agent, but thats all he can offer along with his speculations.

He spends hours on this board, as you do, typing nonsense and opinion without a single fact to back it up.

Peace

TOS
Well the secretary returns! You want to talk about facts? It's 6000 members in my local not 600. And you call me a lier? We had 3 of our E board members on the national negotiating committee. I meet with Sean O every few weeks. They are all personal friends of mine. Yet I'm not connected? Stick to issues you know, like pens and paper. Or just go away. We get it, you want to wear the big boy pants and get a union gig. Your the only person on this site that doesn't address issues and politically skates around words. Then you ask the person to validate the same point over and over. You say we spew nonsense? Tell us what it is. You can't. You cast dispersions to others and act like a know it all. You use propaganda techniques in every long winded post. I'm actually gunning for you to get the union job you so desperately want for two reason.
1) So you can see the true difficulties involved.
2) To watch you fall and get bounced in one term.

Cleveland? Please.

Peace

TOS
The master passed sore loser. Ha ha ha ha ha. As far as you local you have about as much clout as my local. We have at least 1700 ups members in our local. As far as California goes we should invade that place and take it back now that we are done in Iraq and Afghanistan. That one friend$$$ed up place. At least in Cleveland or the Midwest we have good old fashion morals. You are such a joke TOS. Talk about a wanna be.plus you are one of the biggest windbags I've ever seen. Talk about someone who loves to hear herself talk or type. It takes you 11 paragraphs to say nothing. Queen of 1900 words of nothing.

Well the secretary returns! You want to talk about facts? It's 6000 members in my local not 600. And you call me a lier? We had 3 of our E board members on the national negotiating committee. I meet with Sean O every few weeks. They are all personal friends of mine. Yet I'm not connected? Stick to issues you know, like pens and paper. Or just go away. We get it, you want to wear the big boy pants and get a union gig. Your the only person on this site that doesn't address issues and politically skates around words. Then you ask the person to validate the same point over and over. You say we spew nonsense? Tell us what it is. You can't. You cast dispersions to others and act like a know it all. You use propaganda techniques in every long winded post. I'm actually gunning for you to get the union job you so desperately want for two reason.
1) So you can see the true difficulties involved.
2) To watch you fall and get bounced in one term.
He's just pissed because the only people out west that are connected are in Arizona. TOS is a troll.

Cleveland? Please.

Peace

TOS
Oh yea one more thing big girl you have almost as many post as me so you spend as much or more time than me. Don't you think you should spend some time watching Lifetime television or the Oprah network?????

ups clerk

Ain't happening. The people who want the no vote can wait and wait to vote again. The longer people wait for their raise the more people will want to vote and vote to pass this mother.

Which is exactly what the union is counting on. That is why they are not negotiating or gone back to the table. It is a waiting game. They figure if people want their raise bad enough they will vote yes. What is so asinine with that logic is that we WILL get the raise eventually. Is it going to make that much of a difference to people to get that 28.00 a week extra. Come on my brothers and sisters, don't give in to this ploy. Vote on principle and not your pocket book

ZJ NOMAD

The master passed sore loser. Ha ha ha ha ha. As far as you local you have about as much clout as my local. We have at least 1700 ups members in our local. As far as California goes we should invade that place and take it back now that we are done in Iraq and Afghanistan. That one friend$$$ed up place. At least in Cleveland or the Midwest we have good old fashion morals. You are such a joke TOS. Talk about a wanna be.plus you are one of the biggest windbags I've ever seen. Talk about someone who loves to hear herself talk or type. It takes you 11 paragraphs to say nothing. Queen of 1900 words of nothing.

Good old fashion morals in Cleveland right? last I heard Castro had those women captive, Sowell 11 murdered women, 3 more murdered women, about 80,000 abandoned homes, women being raped left, and right, #1 city in poverty, 1 in every 5 families live in poverty, it seems to me like every women in Cleveland get's some sort of disrespect, your no stranger to that I can tell by your posts. With all those vacant homes it is the ideal place to kill and rape, almost every picture I see of a person that city has no teeth, and your only contributing to that problem voting yes for this contract, soon enough UPS employees will not be able to afford health insurance. Seems to me like Cleveland always settles for less, and less, and less. And you say California is :censored2: up. You better check that one.

Besides why are you comparing California to Iraq, and Afghanistan, you sound like a terrorist, how are you going to take it back? We are all one nation, my state better than Cleveland for sure , I wouldn't live in Cleveland even if they paid me to live there, that place is seriously screwed up!

I bet your hub is all Ghetto Fabulous, with morals dating back to the 1800's - yes sir, no sir.

stink219

Which is exactly what the union is counting on. That is why they are not negotiating or gone back to the table. It is a waiting game. They figure if people want their raise bad enough they will vote yes. What is so asinine with that logic is that we WILL get the raise eventually. Is it going to make that much of a difference to people to get that 28.00 a week extra. Come on my brothers and sisters, don't give in to this ploy. Vote on principle and not your pocket book
Or maybe, just maybe, the union doesn't need to go to the table with UPS? Maybe the union is in negotiations with another company right now. Think people. I can't just give it away.

slantnosechevy

Or maybe, just maybe, the union doesn't need to go to the table with UPS? Maybe the union is in negotiations with another company right now. Think people. I can't just give it away.

Stink, this is why you and 407 get drawn into these pissing contests all the time. Do you like the aggravation? Just tell them that the Teamsters have ongoing negotiations with UPS Freight and ABF as well as UPS. It's a full plate and the members will just have to be patient. Things will work out...just not on Aug. 1st.

ZJ NOMAD

Rep power means nothing to me, i'm about to spend the rest of the day with my little boys after this post, I am glad though my post got to you thanks for the neg rep seriously. Now I am going to give you what you like I will rep power you, since that is what fills your life, spending all day in this site. Main objective is just to get my point across, all the rest I can care less.

STAY CLASSY CLEVELAND!