Net Neutrality

refineryworker05

About net neutrality a topic I’m not that informed about to be honest.

On the one hand, these net neutrality rules were instituted in 2015, so it’s not like they’ve been governing the internet for that long.

On the other hand, there is almost zero competition for high speed internet in most places in America.

This is important because if say Comcast is abusive to its customers or big internet streamers those consumers and companies cant take their business elsewhere since most areas only have 1 high speed internet service provider.

So my basic understanding seems to me that by allowing Comcast to charge say Netflix or Amazon or Google or Apple more money for streaming or using huge amounts of internet data, that’ll make companies like Comcast even bigger and richer and have even more of a monopoly grip on the my area.

It seems to me the whole FCC thing is well if there’s abuse we can correct it, but does the FCC want to correct this abuse? I guess we shall see.

Last edited:

LeadBelly

Banned
I was sitting with another brown cafe user this week and my being able to access this very site was slowed down. When I showed the other member of this site he couldn’t believe it. This site is for the same thing as it against. Kinda funny.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I was sitting with another brown cafe user this week and my being able to access this very site was slowed down. When I showed the other member of this site he couldn’t believe it. This site is for the same thing as it against. Kinda funny.
Seriously? I approved your message even though it's a lie. You have heard of libel? Right?

Libel vs. Slander: Different Types of Defamation

If your service is slow don't blame me, try clearing your browser cache.

LeadBelly

Banned
Seriously? I approved your message even though it's a lie. You have heard of libel? Right?

Libel vs. Slander: Different Types of Defamation

If your service is slow don't blame me, try clearing your browser cache.
Just like you say I’ve had multiple accounts over the years, I know you slow my access to this site down. You’ve been doing it off and on for years. Oh yeah, it’s mighty nice of you to approve my post being all for net neutrality and all!!!!!, and if you this the slander by libel thing scares me it doesn’t. Just another Republican ploy by you. Atta girl.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Come on Cheryl you know you slow down speeds...

Nope you aren’t as for Net Neutrality as you portray yourselves.

Just like you say I’ve had multiple accounts over the years, I know you slow my access to this site down. You’ve been doing it off and on for years. Oh yeah, it’s mighty nice of you to approve my post being all for net neutrality and all!!!!!, and if you this the slander by libel thing scares me it doesn’t. Just another Republican ploy by you. Atta girl.

SMH...

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member

She's not a republican.. Atta boy.. TTKU! LMAO

Dhydratd

And about this pop-up against net neutrality that keeps appearing every time I come to BC...
Most of us go to great lengths to protect our true identities here because the company we work for is well known for retaliating against their employees. I'm not about to give out my real name and contact information on a pop-up that appears on this website.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And about this pop-up against net neutrality that keeps appearing every time I come to BC...
Most of us go to great lengths to protect our true identities here because the company we work for is well known for retaliating against their employees. I'm not about to give out my real name and contact information on a pop-up that appears on this website.

Read the disclaimer at the bottom of the pop up.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I understand and share your concern about protecting privacy not only here but all over the internet. Just so you know the net neutrality pop up was created and is maintained by Fight for the Future, defending our basic rights and freedoms

This is their privacy policy Battle For The Net

LeadBelly

Banned
Come on, you turned off you site because of little old me one night and I wasn’t even a member here anymore. You took your ball, went home and tried to make everyone feel sorry for you. You said you were gonna quit. What are you a quitter? Just because of me. You need to toughen up girl.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Come on, you turned off you site because of little old me one night and I wasn’t even a member here anymore. You took your ball, went home and tried to make everyone feel sorry for you. You said you were gonna quit. What are you a quitter? Just because of me. You need to toughen up girl.
I have closed the union forum a few times over the years. Every time it's after getting fed up with union bullies going after me. I still wonder if keeping the union forum open is worth my time.

Here's' an example: Unions??

upschuck

I have closed the union forum a few times over the years. Every time it's after getting fed up with union bullies going after me. I still wonder if keeping the union forum open is worth my time.

Here's' an example: Unions??
It would just spill over into other forums. At least we can avoid them if we want.