New 22.4 Hire: Looking For Position Specific Info, Thanks!

542thruNthru

Amen, that's why the union workers got fuxed with this contract... They want all cover drivers who are now making 31 dollars an hour to take the 22.4 position at 20 dollars an hour starting, but will gain 40 hours guaranteed. So they are making you believe it's a trade off.. A lot of employees do not READ the contract, the cover drivers are red circled at their rate. If they don't file, UPS will get over with the lower rate.. :thumbup:

I believe you're Red Circled at your cover rate. So you won't take a pay cut.

mythical

The one who does not exists
I believe you're Red Circled at your cover rate. So you won't take a pay cut.
Yes, you are correct, under Article 48 Section 11. Not all cover drivers are aware of this. The company won't red circle you automatically, you need to inform them prior to the change of classification or file a grievance. Only 2 choices....

542thruNthru

Yes, you are correct, under Article 48 Section 11. Not all cover drivers are aware of this. The company won't red circle you automatically, you need to inform them prior to the change of classification or file a grievance. Only 2 choices....

Everyone here has been red circled automatically. Hope the stewards are letting them all know they should be red circled.

mythical

The one who does not exists
Everyone here has been red circled automatically. Hope the stewards are letting them all know they should be red circled.
I will tell you one story which that never happened. One individual told me he was a cover driver once he changed classification to a RPCD he was paid 18 dollars an hour. A veteran driver tells him "hey make sure they keep you at your cover driver rate" he got screwed over. so decided to tell the shop steward who told him to file a grievance and was awarded approximately 12,000 dollars in back pay.. Yes in a perfect world it should be automatic but remember who we work for...