New blood pressure guidelines DOT

Serf

Say again; this is huge checkmate to everyday folks who all ready are most admittedly hostage to outside forces in life such as sweet tooth cravings, convenient processed junk food, having the deck rigged against them in regards to what the FDA says is ok to eat. It's more than "cut out the butter on your dinner roll." Or "try to eat a little less red meat." The plot is actually diabolical.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Say again; this is huge checkmate to everyday folks who all ready are most admittedly hostage to outside forces in life such as sweet tooth cravings, convenient processed junk food, having the deck rigged against them in regards to what the FDA says is ok to eat. It's more than "cut out the butter on your dinner roll." Or "try to eat a little less red meat." The plot is actually diabolical.
I had an Ethiopian boy staying with years ago. He LOVED McDonalds. They have NO American fast food restaurants there. He said, We need these in Ethiopia. Me-No y’all don’t. You guys eat all healthy fresh foods and that’s why everyone is thin. Here people eat too much fast food and processed foods resulting in the obesity epidemic.

vantexan

I had an Ethiopian boy staying with years ago. He LOVED McDonalds. They have NO American fast food restaurants there. He said, We need these in Ethiopia. Me-No y’all don’t. You guys eat all healthy fresh foods and that’s why everyone is thin. Here people eat too much fast food and processed foods resulting in the obesity epidemic.
I'm living proof!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
4328FE66-3111-4709-8311-8C43EB43C216.jpeg

I’ll take your word for it

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They did the same thing to the Pre-diabetes numbers a few years ago. It's all just a big cash cow for the American medical industry. Anytime they want more money they juggle the numbers. Sound familiar?

People are still free to be as unhealthy as they want.

59 Dano

Eating healthy is easy if you make the effort to do so.

59 Dano

Agree. But to some extent my station runs on fast food, high fructose corn syrup, & soy Lectithin. And eventually Statin meds.

Some people will stay fat and unhealthy out of spite. In a just world, fat people and others who don't take care of themselves would be charged much more for the insurance and the health care that the rest of us are subsidizing.

vantexan

Some people will stay fat and unhealthy out of spite. In a just world, fat people and others who don't take care of themselves would be charged much more for the insurance and the health care that the rest of us are subsidizing.
If you're going to do that then you'll have to demand that everything that can harm you be taken away. No more alcohol, cigarettes, high fructose corn syrup, processed meat high in fat and carcinogens, etc. You can't put the onus on just the people using the products as there's very little that's affordable for a lot of people that is also healthy. Can't say you shouldn't eat that but we can make a profit if you do.

Serf

If you're going to do that then you'll have to demand that everything that can harm you be taken away. No more alcohol, cigarettes, high fructose corn syrup, processed meat high in fat and carcinogens, etc. You can't put the onus on just the people using the products as there's very little that's affordable for a lot of people that is also healthy. Can't say you shouldn't eat that but we can make a profit if you do.
Point taken. I take it further. Personally, I feel as if I've been lied to my entire life about what good nutrition is. Forging my own ideas. And constantly being reminded 1/3 of America is pre diabetic or diabetic.

vantexan

Point taken. I take it further. Personally, I feel as if I've been lied to my entire life about what good nutrition is. Forging my own ideas. And constantly being reminded 1/3 of America is pre diabetic or diabetic.
It's ironic that wealthy Western nations who's go-go lifestyles require convenience food are the ones suffering the most from the side effects. And that poor nations have cheap healthy food but expensive processed food that only the wealthy can afford. Growing up we had good, healthy meals but I was raised in a denomination that doesn't believe in drinking alcohol of any kind. Ironic in the southeastern U.S. they have many of the world's best cardiac care hospitals because so many believe that way and eat a lot of fried and grilled food. And yet it's been proven in countries where they drink red wine with meals they have a low incidence of heart disease. And that some alcohol of any kind on a regular, but not excessive, basis is good for you. If we had been drinking red wine from childhood I doubt I would have gotten a plugged up artery. My mother's father lived to be 89 and red wine was his drink of choice.

vantexan

I always say 200 years ago nobody "worked out" & nobody was fat. Attribute it to what you will. More challenging lifestyle. Diet, etc. But it's pretty amazing.
Not even 200 years ago. My grandfather drilled water wells, was strong as an ox until he had bypass surgery at 77. They always ate healthy at home, good mix of meat and vegetables. And plenty of fruit. Hardly ever ate fast food. Convenience food and appliances started affecting my Dad's generation, was full blown by my generation. Imagine the difference between a riding lawnmower and a push mower, or even a non powered mower or swinging a thresher my granddad used as a young man. Or a mom who scrubbed clothes by hand then hung them out to dry vs washing machines and dryers. Or one farmer with machines vs a big farming family that plowed with mules or picked their own crops. Life is easier today, but a person has to work at it to be fit.

Serf

Imagine the difference between a riding lawnmower and a push mower,
When I'm in busy metro train stations on weekends I am almost always the only guy taking the steps while the masses gazing into iPhones get shuttled up by escalator. Take me back to a time I never existed in!