New blood pressure guidelines DOT

vantexan

You make too many excuses. It's called personal responsibility. You don't need a nutritionist to tell you to eat more vegetables. You don't need meat at all, let alone at every meal like many Americans do, that alone will cut down on food costs for a family. This isn't that hard. I hear from my drivers all the time, they complain about being broke but they smoke a pack a day and eat out every meal. People make poor life choices for convenience because it takes effort and willpower to live a healthier life.
My plugged up artery didn't happen overnight. My mother cooked with lard and saved bacon grease when I was a kid. When Wendy's opened up in my hometown when I was 18 we weren't hearing how unhealthy it, McDonald's, Burger King, and KFC were. It was just delicious. And yeah, humping like I did required calories a salad just wasn't going to provide. And you still don't address how people working two or three jobs, managing kids, and are near broke all the time have time for all the cooking you think they should? You just want to make it about me. Saw your post on Current Events about my "victories." I'm eating healthy here, living better too, and can afford it.

It will be fine

My plugged up artery didn't happen overnight. My mother cooked with lard and saved bacon grease when I was a kid. When Wendy's opened up in my hometown when I was 18 we weren't hearing how unhealthy it, McDonald's, Burger King, and KFC were. It was just delicious. And yeah, humping like I did required calories a salad just wasn't going to provide. And you still don't address how people working two or three jobs, managing kids, and are near broke all the time have time for all the cooking you think they should? You just want to make it about me. Saw your post on Current Events about my "victories." I'm eating healthy here, living better too, and can afford it.
It doesn't matter how many jobs you are working, eating out and eating processed crap everyday is a waste of money. Make better choices and you'll keep more of your money. I'm using "you" as a general term mostly, perhaps I should use "one" instead to avoid the confusion.

vantexan

It doesn't matter how many jobs you are working, eating out and eating processed crap everyday is a waste of money. Make better choices and you'll keep more of your money. I'm using "you" as a general term mostly, perhaps I should use "one" instead to avoid the confusion.
And when you're tired from juggling all the jobs and taking care of the kids too you turn to convenience. You're in a hurry. You don't have time to shop or cook. Note the home groceries delivery that's starting to take off.

It will be fine

And when you're tired from juggling all the jobs and taking care of the kids too you turn to convenience. You're in a hurry. You don't have time to shop or cook. Note the home groceries delivery that's starting to take off.
Sometimes there's a reason people stay poor and unhealthy.

rod

Retired 22 years
I can go to the nearest supermarket get a pound of quinoa for $6, sweet potato for less than a buck, two pounds of pinto beans for a little more than a buck-fifty, apples for as little as 40 cents each depending on type, a pound of broccoli crowns for less than $2, and a banana for 30 cents.

A great healthy meal from that at a cost of $3. People make excuses.

That's a meal for a rabbit --- not a human

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a driver who told us he spent about $14 each day while on road. We did the math for him----$14/day for 20 days = $280----that's a car payment. He was shocked.

Oldfart

I can go to the nearest supermarket get a pound of quinoa for $6, sweet potato for less than a buck, two pounds of pinto beans for a little more than a buck-fifty, apples for as little as 40 cents each depending on type, a pound of broccoli crowns for less than $2, and a banana for 30 cents.

A great healthy meal from that at a cost of $3. People make excuses.
Would it not be easier for you to order a quarter pounder when you go to work? Don't employees get a discount?

rod

Retired 22 years
I would stop for a half hour in the morning for breakfast at a café (maybe toast or a Danish roll or something light) and then stop for a half hour in the afternoon for a burger of something unhealthy like that. I did that for 30 years and still retired with money to burn ----------and a new car and no car payments.

Oldfart

When will you leave?
I have it too good and making too much money right now. Gonna at least wait till November to get the Portable Pension deposit for this year.

We had a girl quit last year in late October and missed getting her Portable deposit by several days. Not a wise decision.

vantexan

I have it too good and making too much money right now. Gonna at least wait till November to get the Portable Pension deposit for this year.

We had a girl quit last year in late October and missed getting her Portable deposit by several days. Not a wise decision.
When will you leave?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
12 hour days, like that's a lot, lol. I've done longer days behind the wheel and come home to do my actual job of keeping the company running.
Oh I see, it sucks to be you. You wanted to be your “own boss” and now hopefully you see that it is not what you (and many others) thought it was going to be when Ground originally painted you a pretty picture and got you to sign on the dotted line. Kind of tough finding reliable help when you have to pay a driver chicken feed. Therefore they either quit or don’t show up, putting you behind the wheel in a crappy w-900 for 12 hours. Well, I don’t see the situation improving anytime soon. FedEx wants your soul.