New blood pressure guidelines DOT

Oldfart

Actually, she found some cops in a parking lot and asked them if they were legal. One or both said no they weren’t and she relayed the comment to our mechanic. Next day she had new tires on the rear, I believe.
Key word. I BELIEVE. At first it was fact, now it's I BELIEVE. Big difference.
The mechanic refused to give her tires and you BELIEVE she got tires because a policeman said they were unsafe. Why didn't he write a citation?

Just like bacha bragging about making a ton of money on Amazon stock. He gave the month and the purchase price. Once I discovered the stock was never that price in the month he claimed he made the purchase, he began to backtrack.

They rag on me because I enjoy the job they hate and they get caught telling untruths. Kind of ironic.

Last edited:

bacha29

Bacha made up story about buying Amazon stock for a bunch of $ less than market value. Your made up story about your friend getting a police officer to LOOK at her tires and as a result of the police officer LOOKING at them, the mechanic put new tires on it.
That was a good one there.
I told you to get a hold of me and I would send you a copy of the transaction including the CUSIP # so you can look it up fro yourself . If you can't or are unwilling to do so then it's a finished matter And doing so will not change the fact that you're not just your run of the mill neighborhood *head you're a world class *head.

Oldfart

I told you to get a hold of me and I would send you a copy of the transaction including the CUSIP # so you can look it up fro yourself . If you can't or are unwilling to do so then it's a finished matter And doing so will not change the fact that you're not just your run of the mill neighborhood *head you're a world class *head.
Won't change the fact that you got caught bragging about making money on a stock that was never at the price you claimed. Are your pants on fire?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Because I'm sure that would not change your mind. You've formed an opinion based on nothing, presenting you with facts won't sway that opinion. When you arrive at a conclusion possessing no knowledge more information won't alter that conclusion.
Gave you chance to state your case and you take a pass because you probably can't think of half that many reasons. Oh well, Ground IS a scam and continues a downhill trend for contractors and their employees and that's putting it nicely.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Key word. I BELIEVE. At first it was fact, now it's I BELIEVE. Big difference.
The mechanic refused to give her tires and you BELIEVE she got tires because a policeman said they were unsafe. Why didn't he write a citation?

Just like bacha bragging about making a ton of money on Amazon stock. He gave the month and the purchase price. Once I discovered the stock was never that price in the month he claimed he made the purchase, he began to backtrack.

They rag on me because I enjoy the job they hate and they get caught telling untruths. Kind of ironic.
It’s only BELIEVE now because it wasn’t important enough to me to remember the details. If I cared enough, I could ask her what happened but it only matters that much to you. Unlike you, I have much more important things going on in my life that seriously outranks tires on someone’s Fedex vehicle.

bacha29

Won't change the fact that you got caught bragging about making money on a stock that was never at the price you claimed. Are your pants on fire?
If they are it's because in keeping with your flatulence fetish ( explains why they call you "old fart") you lit a match in order to better see your way around in that portion where the moon doesn't shine.

Oldfart

It’s only BELIEVE now because it wasn’t important enough to me to remember the details. If I cared enough, I could ask her what happened but it only matters that much to you. Unlike you, I have much more important things going on in my life that seriously outranks tires on someone’s Fedex vehicle.
Only facts can be told twice. Untruths begin to get fuzzy every time they are told.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Look at U.S. Census Bureau income stats. If you stack incomes it would be shaped like a vase from top to bottom with top a long neck and widening out as you reach middle class, narrowing a little at bottom. That's where most people are, middle to poor. There's relatively little upward mobility these days with much fewer better paying positions. So it's just not a matter of bad decisions.

I guess I've missed these masses of poor people who make smart choices. They don't live around here or anywhere else I've ever lived. Thanks for the census stats breakdown. Any chance you and bacha will ever team up and do a podcast or something like that?

59 Dano

And when did quinoa come on the scene? It's a South American grain that has become known in the States fairly recently and I bet a lot of people aren't familiar with it. Again, arteries don't harden and clog overnight and people are better educated about nutrition today, overall, than even 20 years ago. If I had started doing everything right in 2010 I would still have had a clogged artery that eventually would have had to be dealt with.

We knew which eating habits were bad 35 years ago - the same ones as today. Healthiy options existed then, too. Just because you were late to the party doesn't mean everyone else was.

59 Dano

Gave you chance to state your case and you take a pass because you probably can't think of half that many reasons.

I can't speak for him, but I'd put "It provides a nicer income for my family than being an Express courier." Just a hunch.

vantexan

We knew which eating habits were bad 35 years ago - the same ones as today. Healthiy options existed then, too. Just because you were late to the party doesn't mean everyone else was.
You love to argue. Of course we knew veggies were good for you. But for decades the government put out a food pyramid telling what it consisted of a good diet. Meat and dairy figured prominently. I never heard of a vegan 35 years ago and vegetarians were a very small minority. 35 years ago I don't think they had figured out the connection between blood pressure and cholesterol building up plaque in arteries. When I did find out a few things I should've stopped. I didn't. I paid the price for that, not you. I do eat healthier now. And will still probably be killed by the diabetes. It's a progressive disease, and about the best I can hope for is to get the weight off and eat very few carbs. I'm trying. Have dropped 40 lbs since retiring. Again, not as cut and dried as you make it.

vantexan

I guess I've missed these masses of poor people who make smart choices. They don't live around here or anywhere else I've ever lived. Thanks for the census stats breakdown. Any chance you and bacha will ever team up and do a podcast or something like that?
This is what galls me. Our whole economic system is geared around masses of poor people working for little so that those in charge can do better. You want them to accept less, but then look down your nose at them for doing so. You're a jackass.

Oldfart

This is what galls me. Our whole economic system is geared around masses of poor people working for little so that those in charge can do better. You want them to accept less, but then look down your nose at them for doing so. You're a jackass.
Many poor people are that way by choice. Unemployment is very low and jobs are open just waiting for people to take them. If you work 40 hrs and are poor, why aren't you working a second job trying to better your life? The personal choices you make play a big part in your quality of life

bacha29

VT. what Denial 59 doesn't understand is that when you're born into poor families as you and I were you eat what your mother puts in front of you and many times you're damn glad she even had that. Back then healthy eating was having something to eat period. Being the kid of privilege and entitlement Denial 59 doesn't have a clue about the kind of life you and I and millions of other boomers were born into.

vantexan

VT. what Denial 59 doesn't understand is that when you're born into poor families as you and I were you eat what your mother puts in front of you and many times you're damn glad she even had that. Back then healthy eating was having something to eat period. Being the kid of privilege and entitlement Denial 59 doesn't have a clue about the kind of life you and I and millions of other boomers were born into.
It sure looks that way. After my parents divorce my mom worked two jobs. She often ran us down to McDonald's or similar between jobs. And I don't know where he's from but growing up in the South we ate a lot of fried food.

vantexan

Many poor people are that way by choice. Unemployment is very low and jobs are open just waiting for people to take them. If you work 40 hrs and are poor, why aren't you working a second job trying to better your life? The personal choices you make play a big part in your quality of life
Doesn't take away from many corporations are built around paying little to their employees. Wal-Mart for example. People work two jobs to get by, not to do as well as your one topped out job. Look at Craigslist or Indeed. Tons of jobs that don't pay very well. And very often people decide it's not worth working themselves into the ground to just get by. So they do without. I for one volunteered for OT. I'd rather work 10 extra hours for FedEx than juggle working an extra 20-25 somewhere else. And for most of my time at FedEx couldn't work more than 60 hrs combined anyways. I know, I know, here come the remarks about whining, etc.

Oldfart

Doesn't take away from many corporations are built around paying little to their employees. Wal-Mart for example. People work two jobs to get by, not to do as well as your one topped out job. Look at Craigslist or Indeed. Tons of jobs that don't pay very well. And very often people decide it's not worth working themselves into the ground to just get by. So they do without. I for one volunteered for OT. I'd rather work 10 extra hours for FedEx than juggle working an extra 20-25 somewhere else. And for most of my time at FedEx couldn't work more than 60 hrs combined anyways. I know, I know, here come the remarks about whining, etc.
No reason to work low paying jobs. Too many open jobs out there just waiting on applicants. It's about a desire to put in the effort and time to get ahead. People don't want to wait the time it takes to advance at a job. Unless you have a desired college degree or a good vocational skill, you are not gonna start making good money as soon as you get hired. I worked 2 jobs for a long time before I finally got full time and making some money. I still do side jobs to make spare change just because the money is there to be made. Work ethic and personal choices. Plain and simple.