New blood pressure guidelines DOT

It will be fine

Oh I see, it sucks to be you. You wanted to be your “own boss” and now hopefully you see that it is not what you (and many others) thought it was going to be when Ground originally painted you a pretty picture and got you to sign on the dotted line. Kind of tough finding reliable help when you have to pay a driver chicken feed. Therefore they either quit or don’t show up, putting you behind the wheel in a crappy w-900 for 12 hours. Well, I don’t see the situation improving anytime soon. FedEx wants your soul.
That was 3 years ago, but don't let any actual knowledge of the situation stop you from commenting.

Oldfart

That was 3 years ago, but don't let any actual knowledge of the situation stop you from commenting.
Proof positive that facts are way over rated in the forum. It is much easier to make stuff up to complain about and when you get caught doing that, blame others. That is how bacha and operational do it.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Throw in meat. Throw in eggs. Milk and cereal. Multiply by four for a family.

Eggs $2/dozen. Meat prices vary. It isn't required for every meal, and I LOVE beef/chicken. Any other excuses?

The fact is on the lower end of the pay range there's a much higher rate of diabetes and heart disease because of all the factors that shape people's choices.

Poor people tend to make poor choices. THAT'S THE BIGGEST REASON WHY THEY'RE POOR.

It's not as cut and dried as you represent it.

Of course it is.

59 Dano

It's about choices, either eating healthy is important to you or it isn't. Cooking your own food is cheaper than eating processed garbage. Everything else is just an excuse for not caring about your own body, you only get one, might as well keep it tuned up.

I agree with you on this as strongly as I disagree with you on everything else. People take better care of their cars than they do of their bodies.

59 Dano

This is why I will prepare larger meals on the weekend so that I can heat up the leftovers during the week.

I agree with Van on this one-----there are nights that the last thing I want to do when I get home is cook and clean.

There's nothing wrong with going the convenient route at times and enjoying some crap, but is it the exception or the rule?

59 Dano

And when you're tired from juggling all the jobs and taking care of the kids too you turn to convenience. You're in a hurry. You don't have time to shop or cook. Note the home groceries delivery that's starting to take off.

You can boil a half cup of quinoa in 15 minutes and microwave a sweet potato in 7. Doesn't take a lot of effort to do either.

vantexan

Eggs $2/dozen. Meat prices vary. It isn't required for every meal, and I LOVE beef/chicken. Any other excuses?

Poor people tend to make poor choices. THAT'S THE BIGGEST REASON WHY THEY'RE POOR.

Of course it is.
Look at U.S. Census Bureau income stats. If you stack incomes it would be shaped like a vase from top to bottom with top a long neck and widening out as you reach middle class, narrowing a little at bottom. That's where most people are, middle to poor. There's relatively little upward mobility these days with much fewer better paying positions. So it's just not a matter of bad decisions.

vantexan

You can buy a box of Little Debbie snacks for $2 and make a meal out of it, I suppose. But among reasonable people, no. Excuses.
Who's saying to do that? And I never said I never ate healthy. But I also ate a lot of burgers and fries on the run. It caught up with me. Just as it does with a lot of people eventually. It took 49 years for my artery to plug up.

vantexan

You can boil a half cup of quinoa in 15 minutes and microwave a sweet potato in 7. Doesn't take a lot of effort to do either.
And when did quinoa come on the scene? It's a South American grain that has become known in the States fairly recently and I bet a lot of people aren't familiar with it. Again, arteries don't harden and clog overnight and people are better educated about nutrition today, overall, than even 20 years ago. If I had started doing everything right in 2010 I would still have had a clogged artery that eventually would have had to be dealt with.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
B82DFF44-CBB0-4DAE-BEC2-4324E7659B70.jpeg

Pass

bacha29

Many people suffer from high blood pressure despite healthy eating and a rigorous exercise program. It can be hereditary. I figured you would know that, you THINK you know everything else.
I asked my primary care physician about my hypertension. He replied that there are many factors that go into the creation of hypertension. With just 10 mg's of a long used prescription my BP is well under control. And yes heredity and ageing are a factor. My paternal grandmother had chronic hypertension .