New bonus of $110 from $75 for local 705.

wilberforce15

Lol that’s not reality sure they don’t pay them they also have no credit and cannot get ahead because creditors are chasing them.
Which is why they are transient, and have no desire to stay in one place for 30 years to get a pension either.
They can work the system and eat, live, and do very little and have free medical care.

Why do they need UPS?

Thebrownblob

Poor people don't have medical bills. And if they do, they are rarely actually forced to pay them. Where have you been?
The lower middle class and up needs medical insurance. Poor people get free care basically everywhere.

Poor people don't need UPS for benefits.

Being poor is not pleasant. Although I would agree most people who are poor are making poor choices. How much battery choice would be to hold onto a job that has full coverage insurance for yourself and family if you have one. When I was 18 I didn’t give a rats ass about the insurance. Hell I barely use it now my family does though.

Thebrownblob

Which is why they are transient, and have no desire to stay in one place for 30 years to get a pension either.
They can work the system and eat, live, and do very little and have free medical care.

Why do they need UPS?
You don’t know their desire, neither do I. Most poor people up that way and don’t know how to break out it’s a mindset more than anything.

wilberforce15

Being poor is not pleasant. Although I would agree most people who are poor are making poor choices. How much battery choice would be to hold onto a job that has full coverage insurance for yourself and family if you have one. When I was 18 I didn’t give a rats ass about the insurance. Hell I barely use it now my family does though.
It is more pleasant to most of them than what it takes to get out of poverty. Most do not have any desire to move up in class, if it involves significant labor and stability for a long time in one place.

They have free food, medical care, and endless vacation already.

But I bet your damn glad you have a pension

Outside of government agencies how many people in the private sector actually have a pension?

After this year management will not have anything paid into your pension anymore

wilberforce15

You don’t know their desire, neither do I. Most poor people up that way and don’t know how to break out it’s a mindset more than anything.
I do know their desire, because we hire exclusively from this group of people. And that's why we have no retention.
Why woudl they work at UPS to get free medical care when they already have free medical care?

wilberforce15

But I bet your damn glad you have a pension

Outside of government agencies how many people in the private sector actually have a pension?

After this year management will not have anything paid into your pension anymore
You guys are great at selling the job to kids from the middle class or lower middle class. It's perfect for them. It's the best part-time job around for them.

But we're talking about poor people. They have very little to gain from UPS except a backache.

Thebrownblob

You guys are great at selling the job to kids from the middle class or lower middle class. It's perfect for them. It's the best part-time job around for them.

But we're talking about poor people. They have very little to gain from UPS except a backache.
I grew up poor, I changed my mindset.

wilberforce15

@wilberforce15 we’ve talked funny I like some of the things you say but you’re just wrong on this subject. Perhaps you woke up on the wrong side of the bed LOL. Being poor is not pleasant or fun, most of them just know nothing else.
Note that I didn't say it was pleasant or fun. It's more pleasant and fun to them than what it takes to get out.

Offer them endless vacation, free medical care, and crappy food and some spinnas for their hooptiemobile, and they'll be happy enough.

They have all the free time they can want, and their basic needs are met. Go try and sell a job to them. They don't want it.

Thebrownblob

Note that I didn't say it was pleasant or fun. It's more pleasant and fun to them than what it takes to get out.

Offer them endless vacation, free medical care, and crappy food and some spinnas for their hooptiemobile, and they'll be happy enough.

They have all the free time they can want, and their basic needs are met. Go try and sell a job to them. They don't want it.
I volunteer once a month and go down to the inner-city and work with young men who have lots of hopes and dreams They just don’t understand what to do to break the chains.

Well if they stick to that part-time job and go drive and they can make a hundred grand a year
Not bad for somebody that has no education

wilberforce15

Well if they stick to that part-time job and go drive and they can make a hundred grand a year
Not bad for somebody that has no education
They can work 60 hours a week and lose all their free time to make 100k a year.
When they already have food and medical care by working 0 hours per week.
That's not an easy sell. You don't understand them. That's why they don't take it.

wilberforce15

Well you know quite a bit why don’t you help out? If you hold all of that to yourself what good does it do?
Who said I keep it all to myself? Who said I don't help them out?

As a long-term PTer with my own goals, I'm the guy pointing out to all of them the possibilities that exist when you start young at UPS.

They almost always quit anyway.

Thebrownblob

They can work 60 hours a week and lose all their free time to make 100k a year.
When they already have food and medical care by working 0 hours per week.
That's not an easy sell. You don't understand them. That's why they don't take it.
Lol but we don’t lose all our free time, maybe for a while we do until we get seniority I’ve done quite well for myself. I never wanted to be rich so I don’t care about that just wanted to be comfortable and I am very comfortable. Nothing wrong with Hardwork most people are afraid of it nowadays.