New contract supplements and riders

542thruNthru

My center is the same way. Everyone is too scared to put a target on their back or ruffle any feathers. Other than me, I bet there are less than 5 grievances filed a year, it's pathetic. Our "stewards" are very buddy buddy with management and don't do their damn jobs as stewards.

That sucks. Hope you decide to become a steward again. Every building needs a steward that's involved and eager to keep learning.

Yep same here , as long as the steward gets punched out by 4 he’s happy and doesn’t care

We are pretty lucky here. Have some good stewards but I have to say some just become one to have the name "steward" don't ask me why. I wish we elected stewards for just that reason because they don't really know the contract and give out bad info sometimes. Luckily they have done it enough that people don't really go to them anymore.

turq

We have some good stewards, but right now we have a great management team.....so they are not very busy. In years/mgmt past the line on grievance day would go down the steps, around the corner and out the door. I like it better this way.

take your time

My center is the same way. Everyone is too scared to put a target on their back or ruffle any feathers. Other than me, I bet there are less than 5 grievances filed a year, it's pathetic. Our "stewards" are very buddy buddy with management and don't do their damn jobs as stewards.

100% this. Our steward is always laughing and having a great time with our Center Manager. He's a disgrace to our brothers and sisters. He has the reputation of being the worst steward in our region, and for good reason. Makes me think that he is colluding with management against the drivers. That is dangerous.

Don't know if we can change stewards or not...is there a process for this?

Rutherford B Hays

gun accipere, et abire cannoli
If that means something to you, have at it.

I think it's embarrassing.... that Fred thinks that highly of himself.

He could barely get 1/3 of his local to vote on the contract.

He would still be a Hoffa fan (as he was for years) if he had been accepted to

fill the Central Region VP spot, that was left open when Walt L retired.

None of his past affiliations, are going to escape him during the campaign period.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sean O.... distance himself from him.

Do you remember all the pictures of him riding his Harley, up and down the

strip in Vegas.... with his license plate that said TDUSUX ?

And now.... he speaks at the TDU "conventions".

He's a political turncoat, just out for himself.

-Bug-
source (2).gif

Wow!!!
All that because I asked my local president to get my contract book signed by Fred Z

Rack em

Made the Podium
100% this. Our steward is always laughing and having a great time with our Center Manager. He's a disgrace to our brothers and sisters. He has the reputation of being the worst steward in our region, and for good reason. Makes me think that he is colluding with management against the drivers. That is dangerous.

Don't know if we can change stewards or not...is there a process for this?
Absolutely, talk to your business agent and E board and make them aware of the problem. They have the power to remove stewards.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Interesting....... it was up and working when I tried it and posted it yesterday.... UPSRising even has the main link still listed on the top of their web page.....but even clicking that link shows that has been changed/disabled. (2018-2023 UPS Tax) at top left. I should have taken a screen shot or captured their web pages/web archive directly. They don't list a webmaster or I would contact them directly...

It's amazing how many critical broken links I have found for important information relating to the contract, supplements, riders, and for UPS/IBT pension information. ALL of this type of information should be easily posted/linked on our Teamster.org website. Here is another example of a broken link from the Teamster.org website that needs attention. Really poor communication IMHO.... No wonder people turn to TDU for info.
New Website Launched for Participants of UPS/IBT Full-Time Employee Pension Plan

They probably took down the TA's since they are now all ratified, and will post the full contracts when they get them compiled.

I have most of the TA's if you want them.

2018-2013 TA's - Google Drive