New courier kills Sprinter

MAKAVELI

Fedex Maintenance Philosophy: Fix as much as you can without going over 8 hours. Put off what you can't finish. If not 8 hours worth of work to do then fix things that aren't broken in order to fill 8 hours.
You left out, fix the problem without buying replacement parts.;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
249110d1247623245-ml-spare-wheel-carrier-holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg

An excellent picture, Boy Wonder. You are a fine youthful ward, and Aunt Harriet and Chief O'Hara are proud of you. To the Batpole!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Egads, Robin! - not that Batpole!

Dear Youthful Ward Dick Grayson,

Listen. old chum. I'm wondering if you're interested in helping me battle a new super-villain that makes the Penguin, Joker, and Riddler look like amateurs? His name is The Chiseler, and he steals hundreds of millions of dollars from his workers with all sorts of villainous, dastardly scams! He is slick, but not oily like the foul Penguin or outlandishly garbed like the garish Riddler or fiendish clown prince of crime, the Joker. The Chiseler wears a nice suit and looks fairly average, with gray hair and a scheming team of accomplices who also wear fine suits. One is fat and black, resembling a television evangelist. The other looks like an aging Boy Scout, with a deceptive Disney charm. Both are very dangerous! They have formed many alliances with America's political leaders in a treasonous plot that would make even a hardened veteran say "Golly, Miss Molly".

Boy Wonder, Can I count on you to assist the Caped Crusader in an unprecedented effort to rid the world of these gosh darned evil scoundrels? The Bat Copter and Bat Mobile are both ready, Robin. The foam mattress factory has been alerted in case we need them. Chief O'Hara and Commissioner Gordon are already on-board as is Warden Borden. Alas, Alfred is no longer with us, but here in spirit! Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed, IGNITION!!

As Always, Your partner in crime fighting.

Bruce Wayne
The Bat Cave Retirement Home

Last edited:

RedAngel

My faithful Benz sprinter 3500
I enjoy driving this beast

The other day I mention the VIR to a HD guy he looked at me like I was crazy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 224

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
What's a VIR?

I've driven those skinny sprinters before... Not that roomy & constantly bricking it out with the shelves folded up

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Vehicle inspection report. Just the end of day in the scanner where you mark "no defects".

What a joke. A real VIR means a real vehicle inspection, with a place where the driver signs, and another where the mechanic signs off the problem as fixed. Electronic scanner "inspections" like you describe or Zonar are problematic because you're just scanning a location point or "verifying" that an item has been inspected, when all you really might have done is quickly scan the tag. I've heard of plenty of 45 second pre-trips.

STFXG

What a joke. A real VIR means a real vehicle inspection, with a place where the driver signs, and another where the mechanic signs off the problem as fixed. Electronic scanner "inspections" like you describe or Zonar are problematic because you're just scanning a location point or "verifying" that an item has been inspected, when all you really might have done is quickly scan the tag. I've heard of plenty of 45 second pre-trips.
I agree that it is not a vehicle inspection.... It's just the report. If you have a defect you mark what it is and the vehicle can't be dispatched until the defect has been repaired and signed off on.

dex 84

How do you have time to do a pre trip when your manager has changed your route 3 times in the 10 minutes since you punched and you just finally got your stuff into the right truck again and then he's announcing that we're skipping the meeting to start the sort 5 minutes early and everyone should be at their sort positions...

Purplepackage

How do you have time to do a pre trip when your manager has changed your route 3 times in the 10 minutes since you punched and you just finally got your stuff into the right truck again and then he's announcing that we're skipping the meeting to start the sort 5 minutes early and everyone should be at their sort positions...

A meeting? What's that? The last time had a meeting has like 2 weeks ago and that was only
To tell us who our interim senior would be

dezguy

Do your pre trip and let stuff travel to the end of the belt. Then have your manager get someone to bring it back to you because you were doing your pre trip.

Can't fire you for doing your job.

RedAngel

Ultimately the VIR's is a key to making sure you'll get home at the end of your shift I can't say how many times I found nails and bolts in my tires and other defects on pre and post inspection.But also to cover yourself if anything was to go wrong I notice so far how fedex management is quick to blame a courier when something goes wrong specially when we're at fault the first person they will throw under the bus will always be the driver.