New DOT Regulations

No*, you are not. The guidelines have been posted on this thread and in others multiple times. I feel sorry for my brother who has been, "terminated," in your local over this issue if he actually did not violate the 8 hour rule (which again, because you can't seem to find a clue, says one can not drive OVER 8 hours without a 30 minute break.) He has * a steward who can not read nor understand the government rules.

If you can not provide better for your brothers you need to step down! Do your job or get the hell out of the way and let someone who can actually think do the job that you are incapable of doing.
A union steward can not stop union members from being stupid! 407 doesn't need to step down. The other members NEED to go to meetings and FOLLOW the rules!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your 30 minutes has to be in before your 8 is up. So if you haven't taken a lunch by your 7:30, then it's time to shut it down for 30.

Again.......this is all a moot point.

LUNCH IS TO BE TAKEN BETWEEN THE 3RD AND 6TH HOUR!!!!!!!!!

Depends on your supplement We can all go back and forth but as someone stated I believe it's start break before your 8 hours. Not finish it.

Depends on your supplement We can all go back and forth but as someone stated I believe it's start break before your 8 hours. Not finish it.
30 minutes of uninterrupted
lunch must be completed before the end of the 8th hour. Nothing to do with any supplement ...DOT rules..Not UPS or the unions....Moral to this story. Take your stinking lunch when you are supposed to. No problems that way. ......End of story

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
A union steward can not stop union members from being stupid! 407 doesn't need to step down. The other members NEED to go to meetings and FOLLOW the rules!!

He needs to step down if he does not know the laws we are governed by. I have gone back through this thread and the law has been linked no less than 5 times. If 407 is to lazy to read the law that has been provided to him he has absolutely no business representing anyone! This law just went into effect July 1st., after a one year delay as a challenge to the law worked its way through the legal channels. How is it a driver has been "terminated" already? Where was the verbal, followed by written ect. progressive discipline? For 407 to not know the law and yet a driver has been terminated for it....THAT IS WHAT IS CRIMINAL....IMO

He needs to step down if he does not know the laws we are governed by. I have gone back through this thread and the law has been linked no less than 5 times. If 407 is to lazy to read the law that has been provided to him he has absolutely no business representing anyone! This law just went into effect July 1st., after a one year delay as a challenge to the law worked its way through the legal channels. How is it a driver has been "terminated" already? Where was the verbal, followed by written ect. progressive discipline? For 407 to not know the law and yet a driver has been terminated for it....THAT IS WHAT IS CRIMINAL....IMO
I really don't want to get in the middle of this. But 407 is good If I had a choice next time I had to go to the office. I would be glad if he was in my corner! Nobodys perfect nor do they get paid for their efforts!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

You seem somewhat agitated.

Youre right about the 8 hours. I had a senior moment. There was more to it than I'm going to post on this website. Falsifying a timecard is an Article 17i where I'm from and this fore the most part was what he did wrong. Working through your lunch and putting it in is falsifying your timecard and this is going to get a lot of people fired. I worked over twelve hours today and got a little mixed up in my post for this I'm an idiot?? Ok you have never gotten mixed up a little this makes you Jesus. Have a good day alpha and omega.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Good Steward or not( I believe 407 is a good steward), your not going to stop the company from firing someone once they been told from above to do it. Especially when you have an article like 17i in the central that basically allows the company to fire anyone for anything anytime.

Brownslave688

Good Steward or not( I believe 407 is a good steward), your not going to stop the company from firing someone once they been told from above to do it. Especially when you have an article like 17i in the central that basically allows the company to fire anyone for anything anytime.

Yep. Want to get me to vote yes on the central supplement. Take out that language.

Pickles

I called our DOT. He told me 30 minute consecutive break has to be started before your 8th hour, not completed by then.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I called our DOT. He told me 30 minute consecutive break has to be started before your 8th hour, not completed by then.

Typical bureaucracy. The FMSCA regulations clearly state that the 30 minute break has to be taken no later than the 8 hour mark.

This is from the government's own guide:

"For example, if the driver started driving immediately after coming on duty, he or she could drive for 8 consecutive hours, take a half-hour break, and then drive another 3 hours for a total of 11 hours"

Brownslave688

Typical bureaucracy. The FMSCA regulations clearly state that the 30 minute break has to be taken no later than the 8 hour mark.

This is from the government's own guide:

"For example, if the driver started driving immediately after coming on duty, he or she could drive for 8 consecutive hours, take a half-hour break, and then drive another 3 hours for a total of 11 hours"

The example u posted confirms what Micah said.

I'm not busting on Drac. Problem is the folks wording such things aren't the ones complying to them. At our bldg that was the first interpretation issue to come up.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

Just from interactions on BC, regarding union representation, I believe 407 is very skilled at his craft. Considering this law, effective July 1, 2013, is new in the book and 407 must walk around worrying about knowing the contact, inside and out, expecting him to know this law beyond a shadow of a doubt is arsine.

407 will know is law very well in due time.

However, this is a law not a rule. Break it and you are subject to punitive damages and perhaps, as time goes on...termination without recourse.

Eventually, protocol for violators and violations will be established by the governing body, FMSCA, until this is established, accept, follow and understand that this is the law.

Pickles

According to this it looks like we can go to exactly 8 hours before starting our 30 minute consecutive break.

gffgdhfgh.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wish 407 was my steward. " Hey 407, if you could come a little East this morning and help out a sister"............................

smart girl

So my question is, being that my building is bonus, is the draw to making numbers so strong that the management is willing to turn a blind eye to this. We have heard nothing? A lot of the runners and gunners skip lunch and are off the clock under 8, but this does not include the hour to 1.5 hour sorting and fingering their loads in the AM for free.

It amazes me and see a train wreck coming.
This is the biggest problem at Parcel. Bonus equals stupid. I take my hour and 10 so I know I am being paid my time worked. I don't recognize their numbers because things happen all day long for me which require time which they try to disregard. If everyone would take the hour and 10 it would put a stop to all this numbers crap.