New driver

Dough99

4196A7DF-1F84-46A9-982E-D260A8062490.jpeg

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Can you still sheet your pickups out of area if you call ahead and they tell you they don't have anything?

And was I ever allowed to do this

Dumbo

Can you still sheet your pickups out of area if you call ahead and they tell you they don't have anything?

And was I ever allowed to do this

At my building, they don't care if you close out a pickup when not at the location. Most routes have a few pickups that never have anything or are dead pickups. You just need to make sure you don't close them out when not at the area and then they actually had something going out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At my building, they don't care if you close out a pickup when not at the location. Most routes have a few pickups that never have anything or are dead pickups. You just need to make sure you don't close them out when not at the area and then they actually had something going out.

You should work to convert these to Smart Pickups.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Do they care if you loosen the parking brakes so 22.4s can roll away? Because I did that before I left

Indecisi0n

I haven't been in pkg since before some of you were born but....can't you get EDD printed off so you can sort through it?

I would think mgmt. would help you on "blind" routes but then....

Ask some senior drivers.
Remember when you use to show up and your horse was in the shop getting fitted for new shoes and you had to use the spare pony ? Man those were the days.

Whither

Scofflaw
“They” should have the ability to alter commit times individually based on business hours

You would think, right :lol:

At least a couple times I've rolled up to restaurants (pre-corona) after 5, always open til 10, but closed for this or that reason. Maybe by the health department lol. Nothing to do but sheet it missed.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just got on as a TCD and am getting bounced around daily. With no prior area knowledge of where they’ve been sending me, i just follow Orion to a “T”. Having said that, i do miss the occasional business or two. So my question is, is there an EFFICIENT way to sort through edd to see what’s a business or resi and just how to go about tackling the route in general. Thanks!!
If they cared every CIR address would pop up as 1700 commit in the board. This wouldn’t be a major undertaking. They’d just rather blame drivers.

Brownslave688

Some businesses are open after 5. If they put a commit on them, and you successfully delivered one after 5, it would still show as late. Why break off to drive 5 miles out of your way to get that convenience store done before 5 when they are open 'til 11?
How would it show as late? Putting a commit time in the board doesn’t mean the ps jags has an actual commit time. A ground commercial isn’t gonna show up late just because it’s scanned at 1701. As long as it’s delivered it’s delivered.

Whither

Scofflaw
You should work to convert these to Smart Pickups.

Except sometimes it happens that one day a smart pickup shows up as a regular pickup. You go there, they have nothing. The next day it's a smart pickup again, drops out of the board ~50 minutes before the commit. The third day it's a regular pickup, and on and on.

Whither

Scofflaw
Just got on as a TCD and am getting bounced around daily. With no prior area knowledge of where they’ve been sending me, i just follow Orion to a “T”. Having said that, i do miss the occasional business or two. So my question is, is there an EFFICIENT way to sort through edd to see what’s a business or resi and just how to go about tackling the route in general. Thanks!!

Probably all you can do is spend a few minutes on the dispatch computers before leaving (or else scroll through your map looking for the building icon as another poster mentioned). If you click the + sign next to the stop, a menu drops down and indicates whether the stop is resi or commercial. It's not always correct either haha. Orion will classify random resis as businesses -- sometimes in the middle of a subdivision half a mile from the nearest commercial address, and often does so at apartments bc of the leasing office. Other times a legit business address is misclassified as a resi.

I've mentioned this before, but in the room where we grab our boards, there are signs which 'warn' DO NOT ASK THE CENTER FOR A LIST OF BUSINESSES, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING WHICH ADDRESSES ARE BUSINESSES. :lol:

Brownslave688

Probably all you can do is spend a few minutes on the dispatch computers before leaving (or else scroll through your map looking for the building icon as another poster mentioned). If you click the + sign next to the stop, a menu drops down and indicates whether the stop is resi or commercial. It's not always correct either haha. Orion will classify random resis as businesses -- sometimes in the middle of a subdivision half a mile from the nearest commercial address, and often does so at apartments bc of the leasing office. Other times a legit business address is misclassified as a resi.

I've mentioned this before, but in the room where we grab our boards, there are signs which 'warn' DO NOT ASK THE CENTER FOR A LIST OF BUSINESSES, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KNOWING WHICH ADDRESSES ARE BUSINESSES. :lol:
Send in a message around 3:30-4 asking if there’s any businesses left that you need to know about.

Put the ball in their court is what we are always told.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How would it show as late? Putting a commit time in the board doesn’t mean the ps jags has an actual commit time. A ground commercial isn’t gonna show up late just because it’s scanned at 1701. As long as it’s delivered it’s delivered.

If It's a commit time it would show as late if delivered after the time, hence the term "commit". If they just put some note saying to deliver by 5, then it wouldn't show as late.