Coldworld

60 months and counting
As the title says I'm a new package car driver and am about 5-6 days in my qualifying period. I'm wondering if the "scratch" number is a real achievable thing because last Friday i had all my deliveries done before lunch and got all my pickups done on time (slightly before the scheduled time even) and i headed back to my center ASAP I knew i killed it that day. when i was called in the following Wednesday to drive again, I asked about that days times and asked specifically if I was close to the "scratch" time. My Sup told me i was " an hour and 15 mins over the allowed time", I'm thinking " how the :censored2: is that possible i finished my last scheduled pickup arly and headed back punched out within 15 mins lol... Also Today I made a :censored2: up and forgot to bring my 2 next day air packages back to the center in time for the air car.. I'm expecting an ass chewing tomorrow for sure but I'm wondering if this will make me disqualified? thanks in advance for anyone for answers. ** EDIT: another thing i was wondering .. after the day I finished early (last friday) I had about 125 stops.. today my first time after that they pushed my stops to 155 .. is this normal for somebody on their 5th day ??
it's a jokw man, start learning that now... just do the best you can and most Importantly breathe once in a while and drink some water.....that's all you need to do...they want to break everyone and push them to their limits.... you are just a piece of crappy equipment to them...

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
...as are most, if not all, "supportive" spouses who feel the need to post on their husband's behalf...
Your reputation here speaks for itself. The all knowing, have all the answers, I can do it better Upstate. Wear the pants here cuz your wife has your balls in her purse I'd bet. Or you're compensating for something... Either way no one, I hope, takes you as credible. I work for UPS too, I'm not clueless...

Bonbon

Suggesting that it's OK to (unnecessarily) get signatures at apartments.
Well just going by what my husband's supervisor and mentor gave him for advice. Is that all? That's the only thing you got? Please do tell cuz I'd really like the hubby to hit scratch and you've got all the answers.

Underpaidslave92

Well its a day after the original post here, they called me in to drive and I did pretty good.. My sup did a observance on me and didn't have much of anything bad to say.. Do you guys really think they'll wait till day 29 to tell me I'm dq'ed about the nda thing? I feel like they wouldn't send me out to drive more if they didn't want me ..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well its a day after the original post here, they called me in to drive and I did pretty good.. My sup did a observance on me and didn't have much of anything bad to say.. Do you guys really think they'll wait till day 29 to tell me I'm dq'ed about the nda thing? I feel like they wouldn't send me out to drive more if they didn't want me ..
What did I tell you.... chill bro.. you will be fine... people ALWAYS OVER ANALYZE EVERYTHING AT UPS.. don't be one of those type of employees....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Your reputation here speaks for itself. The all knowing, have all the answers, I can do it better Upstate. Wear the pants here cuz your wife has your balls in her purse I'd bet. Or you're compensating for something... Either way no one, I hope, takes you as credible. I work for UPS too, I'm not clueless...
He's divorced....is that a shocker????

Bonbon

In my opinion it sounds like a rookie mistake and I wouldn't stress about it. Letting the stress in this job get to you only leads to more screw ups. Take a deep breath and dive in. I remember stressing about everything in class. Remembering the packet, driving with a group of people, taking the test... Stressed about it all needlessly. Day 30 will come and it is what it is.

barnyard

KTM rider
In my opinion it sounds like a rookie mistake and I wouldn't stress about it.

It does depend on how everything else goes. We had 1 driver try and fail 2 or 3 times. Speed was a very real issue, but so was getting NDA back to the building in time for the shuttle and that was the reason given for DQing.

To the OP, watch your evening routine. You should have a set place where you ALWAYS put your NDA. You should also be looking at the number of NDA pieces that you picked up when you hit your return to building time. Count them. If the numbers do not match up, either figure out why or ask a local sort sup if your truck can be unloaded, because you are missing an NDA (I have done that.)

For all others, ignoring Upstate is easy. Click on his profile and then click on ignore. It will improve your BC experience immensely.