dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
"Screw their numbers" isn't the greatest advice to someone in their qualifying period. "Their Numbers" is one of the largest elements he is being evaluated on...like it or not he needs to meet the standard the same as every other person who has come before him.

Stay positive, Try to learn everyday, Work with management don't fight against them (They are the deciding factor in you being a :thumbdown or :thumbup:.)
Nah...screw their numbers...do your best and work safe...after you pass then be safe and do your OKest.....their numbers are fairly tale

CanOSup

One of them
Nah...screw their numbers...do your best and work safe...after you pass then be safe and do your OKest.....their numbers are fairly tale

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The OP probably should follow your lead right back to whatever shift he started at when they DQ him...

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The OP probably should follow your lead right back to whatever shift he started at when they DQ him...
I will kill a route...be done three hours before the Orion computer says I'll be done...then the next day same amount of stops same route same amount of pieces...and finish four hours later than the day before...and you're gonna sit there and pretend their numbers mean anything? Ok chief

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I will kill a route...be done three hours before the Orion computer says I'll be done...then the next day same amount of stops same route same amount of pieces...and finish four hours later than the day before...and you're gonna sit there and pretend their numbers mean anything? Ok chief
For the first 30 days their numbers mean everything.

Blazian81

I understand that but if they are made up how can they matter? They are completely inaccurate...busy your ass work safe don't crash.
My co-worker at Local Union 391 told me that his union rep and sups told him in order to qualify for package car he have to make scratch 5 days in a row, or 5 out of 10 days in his 30 days of qualifying. He stated that the sup and union rep say that it states that in the union contract. Can someone please tell me if that is true or not!!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Qualifying by the numbers
1) The center manager decides whether or not you qualify.
2) It costs a lot to send new drivers to integrad, so a sane center manager will not DQ you for no reason.
3) How to scratch:
3-1 Area knowledge
3-2 Follow Orion as close as possible, the extra miles will help your time allowance.
3-3 Worry more about your in-cab routine, package selection process, moving at a brisk pace, minimizing customer contact time and driver release methods than getting signatures when you don't need them.
3-4 Overweights are entered automatically. Get signatures when required. Enter floor numbers. None of these things add as much time as it takes to deliver the stops, but you might as well take what you can get.
3-5 As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to matter if you stop complete at the furthest delivery point, or at the package car. I've tried it both ways, and it doesn't change anything. You're better off if you just keep moving.
3-6 Code any time that you are actually doing preload work as preload, unless you are specifically told not to.
3-7 If it is more miles, but faster, go that way.
3-8 If you still don't scratch, keep working on your delivery method efficiency.
3-9 If you still don't scratch, then sort on your lunch break, and be at your next stop when your lunch is over.
3-10 If you still don't scratch, start rethinking your career path. If you decide it's worth the headaches, then start sprinting everywhere.
4) Do not get into an accident, but if you do, be honest. You can try again in a couple years. If you lie and get caught, you're done.
5) Have a good, coachable attitude. Thank your on road for any corrections or tips they offer, and always say that you will continue to work on it. Don't argue.
6) You will most likely feel like it's impossible. Just keep going until you qualify or they stop you.
7) Pick up times are not always correct in the board. Be sure to check with the regular driver or your supervisor if you aren't sure. Some centers focus more on pick up time compliance than others.
8) Avoid missed origins at all costs. If you have a massive bulk pick up, and they like to bury next day air packages in bags, be prepared to look through all the bags. Take the time to check the service levels of all packages you load into your car and segregate.
9) Good luck, hang in there, hope I haven't forgotten anything.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Qualifying by the numbers
1) The center manager decides whether or not you qualify.
2) It costs a lot to send new drivers to integrad, so a sane center manager will not DQ you for no reason.
3) How to scratch:
3-1 Area knowledge
3-2 Follow Orion as close as possible, the extra miles will help your time allowance.
3-3 Worry more about your in-cab routine, package selection process, moving at a brisk pace, minimizing customer contact time and driver release methods than getting signatures when you don't need them.
3-4 Overweights are entered automatically. Get signatures when required. Enter floor numbers. None of these things add as much time as it takes to deliver the stops, but you might as well take what you can get.
3-5 As far as I can tell it doesn't seem to matter if you stop complete at the furthest delivery point, or at the package car. I've tried it both ways, and it doesn't change anything. You're better off if you just keep moving.
3-6 Code any time that you are actually doing preload work as preload, unless you are specifically told not to.
3-7 If it is more miles, but faster, go that way.
3-8 If you still don't scratch, keep working on your delivery method efficiency.
3-9 If you still don't scratch, then sort on your lunch break, and be at your next stop when your lunch is over.
3-10 If you still don't scratch, start rethinking your career path. If you decide it's worth the headaches, then start sprinting everywhere.
4) Do not get into an accident, but if you do, be honest. You can try again in a couple years. If you lie and get caught, you're done.
5) Have a good, coachable attitude. Thank your on road for any corrections or tips they offer, and always say that you will continue to work on it. Don't argue.
6) You will most likely feel like it's impossible. Just keep going until you qualify or they stop you.
7) Pick up times are not always correct in the board. Be sure to check with the regular driver or your supervisor if you aren't sure. Some centers focus more on pick up time compliance than others.
8) Avoid missed origins at all costs. If you have a massive bulk pick up, and they like to bury next day air packages in bags, be prepared to look through all the bags. Take the time to check the service levels of all packages you load into your car and segregate.
9) Good luck, hang in there, hope I haven't forgotten anything.

Way TLDR

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It wasn't meant for you. Just wanted to write something that covered most info qualifying drivers might find useful.
You get 45 seconds for a dr, 2 minutes for a signature, get signatures if you have contact with consignee
I never knew how much time you got, but I read they reduced time for signatures. I haven't noticed much difference when I tried getting sigs from anyone I had contact with, but it's worth a shot.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Another point that I learned just recently, ask what the target stops per on road hour are for the route you are on. Having that information will help you find your pace. If you hit the target sporh, you should be confident that you scratched that day.