New employee knee injury

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have no desire to become a driver i would get bored with the same thing everyday so I'm ok being a lowly part timer.
By higher management I mean that I had no reason to interact with before. Sure they're not the highest but not the sups im used to getting my orders from.

And I agree about the liability thing that's exactly how I feel. Even though it technically wasn't my fault they'll never see it that way and go as far as cleverly wording and purposefully omitting details so I look like a liability on paper also.

Document anything they say or do that is unseemly. There are laws against retaliation for workplace injuries, and the contract also prohibits it. Keeping track of things they say and do can help you establish that you are being harassed or retaliated against. If nothing serious ever comes of it, you don't have to do anything about it, but it's good to keep records just to cya.

watdaflock?

It just seems like the higher up management could be a bit more understanding

HAHAHHAH-LOL.jpg

Document anything they say or do that is unseemly. There are laws against retaliation for workplace injuries, and the contract also prohibits it. Keeping track of things they say and do can help you establish that you are being harassed or retaliated against. If nothing serious ever comes of it, you don't have to do anything about it, but it's good to keep records just to cya.
Thank you I'll make sure I start doing that.

specter208

I would keep in Contact with your union steward. Usually it’s between 30-90 working days to pass probation and be in the union. I tore a meniscus a few years ago and wasn’t allowed to work after I had surgery until I had all restrictions removed by the doctor. Try not to worry and be honest and respectful to your supervisor when they ask you. Try not to worry, get answers from your doctor and steward to come up with a plan.

barnyard

KTM rider
They will not keep you on light duty once they find out you need surgery. I have had five surgeries on my knees and ankles. Once the doctor tells them you can’t work, they will put you on workman comp.

Take the time off and quit worrying about it. Get your surgery and get healed up.Unless you are a complete slacker and they hate you, you are ok. Injuries happen....... Just get ready for a lot of safety training to be shoved down your throat when you come back.

That was my experience. Do not lie about anything and do everything the PT people say. If you are out for more than 6 weeks, there will be someone watching you. Look for that person and wave, they appreciate it.

Justaloader

Do they have a "small sort" at your center? If it's similar to my center, you can do that job sitting down (we have folks that do). I think that would accomodate your restrictions.

Do they have a "small sort" at your center? If it's similar to my center, you can do that job sitting down (we have folks that do). I think that would accomodate your restrictions.
Yes but you have to go up a ladder and the dr specifically put no ladders in the restrictions so that shot down that option.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Yes but you have to go up a ladder and the dr specifically put no ladders in the restrictions so that shot down that option.
ups will do everything they can to get you work in the building to avoid workmans comp, i broke my foot in 2005, doctor said i could not drive to or from work, ups sent a supervisor to pick me up every shift to just sit in the office doing blue and green bills

542thruNthru

ups will do everything they can to get you work in the building to avoid workmans comp, i broke my foot in 2005, doctor said i could not drive to or from work, ups sent a supervisor to pick me up every shift to just sit in the office doing blue and green bills

I would have said no to a supervisor picking me up everyday.

I've heard the same thing from some of my co workers. At this point im trying to do everything I can to keep the peace and but they sure as hell don't make it easy.

So, today I found out at my dr appt that the insurance adjuster denied the MRI. At first they said I needed 6 physical therapy sessions before they'd review even though the dr said it was beneficial to do sooner. So now after 6 therapy sessions and zero change I find out they denied it. Now I have no idea what to do next and who, if anyone, I should trust.

DOK

She has only been working 2 months and is already a liability. Does not bode well for a career as a delivery driver. And I really doubt if you have ever met a higher up management person. They never associate with hourly workers unless it is some dog and pony show for the media.

Sometimes the timing of things isn’t always great, like this injury. Doesn’t mean she won’t have a long and successful career here.