New employee knee injury

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
So, today I found out at my dr appt that the insurance adjuster denied the MRI. At first they said I needed 6 physical therapy sessions before they'd review even though the dr said it was beneficial to do sooner. So now after 6 therapy sessions and zero change I find out they denied it. Now I have no idea what to do next and who, if anyone, I should trust.
When in doubt, never trust management. Fun fact of the day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So, today I found out at my dr appt that the insurance adjuster denied the MRI. At first they said I needed 6 physical therapy sessions before they'd review even though the dr said it was beneficial to do sooner. So now after 6 therapy sessions and zero change I find out they denied it. Now I have no idea what to do next and who, if anyone, I should trust.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
97414F04-BEC5-45E2-9343-F60BC596A16F.gif

Time to lawyer up

Over70irregs

Lawyer up now! Seriously. Keep a file of all paperwork. Thanks not needed.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
Physical therapy first is always a prerequisite on w/c cases. As others have stated, if they are denying the mri, get you a lawyer now!

You are probably dealing with Liberty Mutual. They will do anything and everything to try and get out of the claim. Trust me... been through it all with them. They will lie to your face all the while doing the complete opposite. I really had a hard time believing it was true until I caught them in so many lies. My doctors were telling them I needed surgery and they still tried denying it. I sat at home over 6 months on two different surgeries waiting for them to approve
treatment. Wish I had gotten a lawyer sooner.
Once you get a lawyer and they see you are serious, things will change.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
They will also pass your case from one person to another just to try and keep you confused and keep you from talking to someone. That is if you can ever get someone to call you back.

Keep good records and names of people you have talked to. I also corresponded a lot by email to have a detailed record of what was said. My lawyer was so happy to have those emails to prove claims of what was going on with the workmans comp office.

Don’t let them bully you. Nothing they would like more than to discard you after taking your health from you.

Physical therapy first is always a prerequisite on w/c cases. As others have stated, if they are denying the mri, get you a lawyer now!

You are probably dealing with Liberty Mutual. They will do anything and everything to try and get out of the claim. Trust me... been through it all with them. They will lie to your face all the while doing the complete opposite. I really had a hard time believing it was true until I caught them in so many lies. My doctors were telling them I needed surgery and they still tried denying it. I sat at home over 6 months on two different surgeries waiting for them to approve
Yes it's liberty mutual. It is hard to believe people can be so dishonest and shady when you've been 100 the whole time and done every single thing asked. Have paperwork, dates, pictures, names, and texts. I'm very meticulous and keep myself informed so they won't easily confuse me and bullying won't work either. Thank you for the advice. I wasn't sure if I needed to call a lawyer right away or give more time but given you're experienced and others I don't see anything getting resolved without a lawyer

bumped

My insurance issue is not the same as yours, but I found filing a complaint with my states insurance board got very quick results.

My insurance issue is not the same as yours, but I found filing a complaint with my states insurance board got very quick results.
I also read that I could file a worker's comp complaint with the state. I think I need to have a consultation with a lawyer so I know my options and my rights and then go from there.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I also read that I could file a worker's comp complaint with the state. I think I need to have a consultation with a lawyer so I know my options and my rights and then go from there.

If the lawyer is decent, he is not going to charge you for a consultation. I wound up getting a settlement from Liberty Mutual after they tried to not pay for a disability rating on my knee. They wound up paying for everything and my lawyers fees on top of it all.

They are hoping to keep screwing you until you quit or go back to work. So many people can’t afford to live on a w/c paycheck that they won’t fight back.

Wish you the best!

If the lawyer is decent, he is not going to charge you for a consultation. I wound up getting a settlement from Liberty Mutual after they tried to not pay for a disability rating on my knee. They wound up paying for everything and my lawyers fees on top of it all.

They are hoping to keep screwing you until you quit or go back to work. So many people can’t afford to live on a w/c paycheck that they won’t fight back.

Wish you the best!
Thank you I appreciate it!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
They will also pass your case from one person to another just to try and keep you confused and keep you from talking to someone. That is if you can ever get someone to call you back.

Keep good records and names of people you have talked to. I also corresponded a lot by email to have a detailed record of what was said. My lawyer was so happy to have those emails to prove claims of what was going on with the workmans comp office.

Don’t let them bully you. Nothing they would like more than to discard you after taking your health from you.
the only time lm wanted to talk to me, was to pay me to go away. They are pretty bad

Op: my suggestion is to file an appeal with your state's WC board, assuming you have received a letter of denial for benefits. You dont need an attorney to do so, but you'll probably want one eventually

Over70irregs

Words spoken with truth. I know a driver who was hurt and was told to get a lawyer. He said the lawyer told him “when they cut you off call me”, I did not understand what the driver was talking about. It didn’t make sense to me at all. Then the company dogged him. The driver made the call. I vowed if I ever get hurt I would do the same.