New Employee seeks guidance!

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Funny you say that as I discovered this while unloading a trailer this past week, I was told that I wasn’t producing enough volume on the belts while unloading mostly heavier packages
There’s nothing in the contract about pace and there are no production numbers for unloading a trailer either. Fair days wage for a fair days work. If it continues I highly recommend you file a grievance for violating article 37.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
22.4 is a FT package delivery driver paid at a lower rate with no OT protection. Used and abused until you either quit or make it to top rate after 4 years.
This is actually something I am curious about. They do have OT protection and can file for excessive overtime just like feeders but I think you are referring to the 9.5 language which is only for RPCDs. So I’d like to know if any 22.4s have filed and if so what the outcome was.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is actually something I am curious about. They do have OT protection and can file for excessive overtime just like feeders but I think you are referring to the 9.5 language which is only for RPCDs. So I’d like to know if any 22.4s have filed and if so what the outcome was.
Waste of time
22.4 have no overtime protection

quad decade guy

Just remember once you get in as a driver they can’t do anything to you for working safe (as long as you are steadily working). Even if it takes you twice as long as the other guy. The time allowances are made by studying 21-year old kids with a diet of straight red bull.
Twice as long....uh no.

AnthonyW848

Are there not many more mature people that start working for ups after the age of 50? What truthfully is there success rates and any idea what kind of pension one would be looking at if retirement at age 65 assuming all goes well?

Are there not many more mature people that start working for ups after the age of 50? What truthfully is there success rates and any idea what kind of pension one would be looking at if retirement at age 65 assuming all goes well?
No this job usually isn't for people 50 over to start at.
As far as a pension goes depends if your part-time or full-time

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

I know one guy who started as a driver in his late 40s and is doing well but that seems to be the exception.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
@AnthonyW848 : I took a quick look at your pension funds website (link:Welcome | The Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust) to try and find a quick way to estimate what you might expect, can't find what I need. All I can do is estimate what you could expect to receive in my Local/pension fund and say yours should be higher. (starting in 2022 and going forward)
  • 11 full years of service/benefits accrual * $112.40 = $1,236.40/mo. or $14,836.80/yr.
  • 12 full years of service/benefits accrual * $112.40 = $1,348.80/mo. or $16,185.60/yr.
Should you make it to full time, it is really important you understand what you need to do to make sure you are receiving full contributions on your behalf to the pension fund. FWIW, it's my understanding that (in your part of the country) if you work enough hours (despite your employer classifying you as part time), you can actually earn full time future pension benefit credits.