New Fedex Express trucks

overflowed

Would anybody put your own vehicle on a hill leave the tires straight and leave the car in neutral with just a parking brake on? Think how much more that truck weighs than a passenger car as well.

MAKAVELI

We had one overturned here due to mechanical failure.
We don't have the benefit of union representation. Here, the evidence would have to be overwhelming that you followed proper procedure and there was absolutely nothing you could have done to prevent a rollaway. Like I said, I've never heard of one being overturned.

If you get one of these trucks be prepared to curb and choke the tires every time you get out of it. If what you're saying happened, you will be terminated.
Not me. I know somebody from a different station that it happened to. From what he told me that he didn't get the training on how to use the truck. They just gave it to him and some other driver told him how to use drive it. Also he has a route with hills. I don't anybody told him about the dangers of using it on hill and parking it on he hill

Nolimitz

There is that to some extent. but one of the new 900's continually beeps with either the turn signal or flashers on. that one is really nasty to drive all day...

outtatime

There is that to some extent. but one of the new 900's continually beeps with either the turn signal or flashers on. that one is really nasty to drive all day...
Those are the ones I'm familiar with. Leave the lights on, don't set the park brake, etc.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
What was the circumstances that got him his job back?

Could be anything up to and including the person who gave him his job back just felt like giving him his job back because the courier showed genuine remorse (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). That has usually been the dominant factor in most of the successful GFT cases of which I have direct knowledge.

bacha29

It's not a liberal or conservative issue . The question is How many environments and applications can they be used effectively? In the meantime bring something along with you to block the wheels.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Could be anything up to and including the person who gave him his job back just felt like giving him his job back because the courier showed genuine remorse (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). That has usually been the dominant factor in most of the successful GFT cases of which I have direct knowledge.

Or the employee has their nose up the managers butt, OR they have something on management that protects them. I know of an employee who had a rollaway, several bad wrecks, refused to take a drug test as scheduled, and who quit and then was re-hired without loss of seniority because their paperwork hadn't been processed in Memphis.

You can't tell me that this person doesn't have some sort of H-bomb info that protects them.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It's not a liberal or conservative issue . The question is How many environments and applications can they be used effectively? In the meantime bring something along with you to block the wheels.

OK, I'm going to state the obvious. Why would anyone buy a delivery vehicle that cannot be safely parked on a hill?